• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Own Truth?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Searching for it does not make it available to be found. We cold search for the truth of the "2", forever. But that "2" will forever remain an ideal in our minds, rather than a material reality. Truth, justice, perfection, equality, infinity, 'God", these are all ideals that have no discernible physical reality. They are metaphysical conceptions of our actual physicality.

Fair enough, I'm looking more at 1 - science's interest in facts and real things.

PureX

Veteran Member
Fair enough, I'm looking more at 1 - science's interest in facts and real things.
It's ALL "real". But it's not all physical. A lot of our reality as humans is metaphysical. Our ability to perceive ourselves as existing apart from that which we observe, and then evaluate it according to various and multiple ideological criteria, is a 'metaphysical' phenomena.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Spiritual truths are tied to spiritual practices.

People have discovered over thousands of years that if your mind behaves in a certain way, it will change in the desired way and if you fail to do so or let your mind behave in another way, the change will not give the desired freedom or expansion of spirit.

So spiritual truth is not something that can just be made up, but is more like in science, it follows from experiments that always point in the same direction.
This is the reason why the original teachings of Yeshua are not that much different from those of let's say Shiva or Krishna or Buddha.

The individual teachers may add some new aspects or elaborate in certain directions, but the truths do not contradict each other, but rather support one another.

That is why spirituality can be seen as a science of the introspective or intuitive mind.
This has nothing to do with so-called "religious truths" which are made up by religious folk.
I don't know why there are still educated people who support religious tuths rather than spiritual truths.
For me they are like people who believe in weird theories about aliens living in the brains of evil people in power, like people attracted to the irrational.

Last edited: