• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your neck of the woods pics

Scorn

Last summer I drove alone from Vancouver to Kenora Ontario for a little R&R. On the way I was on a photo hunt. Here's just a little sample of one of my shots.
IMG_7896.jpg

If you can post photos why not a shot of your neck of the woods!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I can't really post mine; they'd look pretty boring after the last two!:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Mine, too, Michel! That won't stop me, though! I'm never afraid to bore people to tears. *grin*

crview.jpg

Here's Cedar Rapids. If you visually follow the big road through the city, past where it departs from the river, I live about four blocks beyond that spot. One fo the bigger factories, to the left of the screen, is the Quaker Oats plant. An interesting thing about CR is that you can usually smell what the plant is making by sniffing the air on any given day. My favorite is bananna nut cereal day.

(The rest of the time, the smells of CR are much less pleasant.)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
and here's pictures from Loser Lane...i, i, i mean "Monument Avenue":sarcastic :rolleyes:
Lee,%20Monument%20Avenue%20(3).jpg

Yep that's Robert E. Lee!

Scorn

Wow! That's a cool shot UnEdited. When was that? What was the outcome of that tornado?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Well, since you asked... :D

Here's a pic of a field near where I live. We know the guy who owns it, so he lets us ride the four-wheeler in his land.

A lake in the same guy's land.

A little secluded area I found while riding around. The pic doesn't properly show the stream that runs through there.

An old, strangely shaped tree.

A picture of a different field during the summer.

A picture of two intertwined trees I took during a sunset. The sun made a nice effect with the light in the background.

The woods near my house when we had an ice storm.

The ground near our house when it rained so much our yard flooded. The wooden things around about 5 inches tall.

Looking off our porch straight ahead and to the right.

Can you tell I like where I live? :D

Unedited

Scorn said:
Wow! That's a cool shot UnEdited. When was that? What was the outcome of that tornado?
Well, that was the summer of 1999, but I didn't actually take the picture, or even experience that tornado. :) I have plenty of my own pictures of tornados, but no scanner. This one was probably caused some damage, but wasn't too bad. I believe the last major tornado we had was in 1991. Major meaning 17 people died.

meogi

http://montanafilm.com/featurelocation_043.htm - My hometown. Not my own pictures, can't take any being in Japan and all...

As for pictures of Japan, my neck of the woods is city. There really isn't much but that. But around the area:
Mountains around Kuzuha Station
Bad view of Kyoto Area
At Kyoto
Hakuba valley in Nagano (Not really, IN the area... 6 hours away, but still a nice 'overview shot)

Anyway, I don't really have any good shots of the Hirakata area... just imagine the Kyoto picture really... it all looks the same.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I was trying to find a thread; this really brings the expression of 'losing the thread' to the fore!:jiggy: (The one about post some pics about where you live) - I could'nt find it, and therefore I give a link below to some photos of where I live. I was at first so overwhelmed by the photos you guys came up with that I didn't think I had anything worth sharing; however, I have taken some -many many many minn!(sorry flashback to the Goons)of the Park I'm always talking about, plus some others to give any of you who have never been here an Idea of England. I remember going to Florida one year and being astounded by the size of houses, distances people drive daily etc. We are a very small Country, with a lot to 'cram in' to not much land!:eek:

http://community.webshots.com/user/michelhiernaux