• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your happy moment of the day thread!!

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Okaym it was pointed out to me a few days ago by someone that I consider an internet friend, that I come across as a very negative and abrasive person. That I can be sometimes hard to get along with and that I mostly go around this great forum and say negative things about existing threads, or respond to posts only because I either have a witty retort or I an opposite opinion. Now, after quite a bit of self reflection, I have come to the realization that I am a negative nancy sometimes. I don't mean to be, honestly. I love people. All kinds of people. I have nothing personal against anyone on here. Case in point is NetDoc. I mean we are polar opposites in politics, but I would do anything for the guy. I really would. He is my brother.

Okay, so in an attempt to be happier and to stay always on the positive side of life, I would like to offer this thread. Here's the idea. Tell us about something that made you happy today. It can be big or small. It can be something that happened to you, or your friend or your family member, or whatever, but if you have something happy that happened to you today say it, and we can all get some happiness out of it too. I'll start:

My dog woke me up this morning by licking my face and that put a smile on my face and made me happy!!:D

Next!!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
BUDDY said:
Okaym it was pointed out to me a few days ago by someone that I consider an internet friend, that I come across as a very negative and abrasive person. That I can be sometimes hard to get along with and that I mostly go around this great forum and say negative things about existing threads, or respond to posts only because I either have a witty retort or I an opposite opinion. Now, after quite a bit of self reflection, I have come to the realization that I am a negative nancy sometimes. I don't mean to be, honestly. I love people. All kinds of people. I have nothing personal against anyone on here. Case in point is NetDoc. I mean we are polar opposites in politics, but I would do anything for the guy. I really would. He is my brother.

Okay, so in an attempt to be happier and to stay always on the positive side of life, I would like to offer this thread. Here's the idea. Tell us about something that made you happy today. It can be big or small. It can be something that happened to you, or your friend or your family member, or whatever, but if you have something happy that happened to you today say it, and we can all get some happiness out of it too. I'll start:

My dog woke me up this morning by licking my face and that put a smile on my face and made me happy!!:D

Next!!

Would it be rude to say Rumsfeld resigning made me a little giddy? ;)

CDRaider

My boyfriend, JMoum, admired the beautiful ring that he bought me and even considered getting me a second when we went to the mall tonight. It's such a nice feeling to know i have someone who loves me enough to be STUPID enough to starve for a month to get me a ring. Aww... so adorable.

Ody

The fact that I got that high of a grade on my test without really studying, and I got home for a four day weekend. :)

lizskid

BANNED
I had a meeting in the next town this morning, so, after lunch, I went back to school and entered my classroom. What greeted me was my autistic boy, who is having so much trouble lately, looking at me and saying, "Oh, THERE you are!" and my down's boy shouting my name and running up to hug me around the waist. Welcome to my life, I love it!: hamster :

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I was the first in my chemistry class to get the right answer to a question. :D Hahah, that's about all that was good about chemistry today, though.

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
My girlfriend and I found out that we will be able to have her kids with us on Thanksgiving when we go to my sister's house in a neighboring state. We didn't think her ex would let us but he did.

standing_alone

I got 100% on my essay for advanced composition about pesticides in the 1960s and my proffessor is going to use it as a sample for future classes. :eek: :D

ayani

i got to see a raccoon up close today. aww!

i was able to talk with some friends i'd not seen in what feels like ages.

and Rumsfeld resigned.
dance.gif

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
My daughter got dressed this morning (it's cold and rainy here) in a blue top, black leggings and ... flip flops. I had to laugh. Later she changed into a tutu. :rolleyes:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Maize said:
My daughter got dressed this morning (it's cold and rainy here) in a blue top, black leggings and ... flip flops. I had to laugh. Later she changed into a tutu. :rolleyes:
:biglaugh: Oh how I miss the cute little buggers around.

Best part of my day so far is having some nice conversation with my friend Alyssa. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I just got the most wondeful news... but alas... I cannot tell you about it, lol.

*sigh*

Buttercup

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
I just got the most wondeful news... but alas... I cannot tell you about it, lol.

*sigh*
Argh! I want to know even more now! Are you going to tell us later or will it forever be a secret?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
YmirGF said:

*sigh*
Oh come on!! Spill it!!

New day, so a new batch of good and happy news. It is early in the day, but my girlfriend called me this morning from Oklahoma and told me that she will be here for the Christmas holiday break!! Wooo hooo!!

CDRaider

BUDDY said:
Oh come on!! Spill it!!

New day, so a new batch of good and happy news. It is early in the day, but my girlfriend called me this morning from Oklahoma and told me that she will be here for the Christmas holiday break!! Wooo hooo!!

: hamster : : hamster : : hamster : : hamster :

OH YEAH!!!! I'm so happy for you! Thats awesome!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
YmirGF said:

*sigh*

What a let down! But I am pleased for you!

Mine; I was trying to think of something nice- I guess the best moment was when I took my new denture out without it cutting into my gum!:biglaugh: