• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Goddess - Your story?

Onkara

I would like to hear about your choice of Goddess and your story which lead you to Her?

For example:

• Perhaps you were brought up with a male God in mind, I wonder if the transition to thinking Female was easy or difficult, for example?
  • What makes you sure of Her? How do you experience Her worship?
  • What about talking about Her with your family, work colleague or friends? Is it open or something private?
  • Anything else to share?

I know this is in Neogpagan DIR, but I would like to encourage replies those from other religious denominations, worshipping Godesses specifically, please.

Last edited:

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
I would like to hear about your choice of Goddess and your story which lead you to Her?

For example:

• Perhaps you were brought up with a male God in mind, I wonder if the transition to thinking Female was easy or difficult, for example?
  • What about talking about Her with your family, work colleague or friends? Is it open or something private?

I know this is in Neogpagan DIR, but I would like to encourage replies those from other religious denominations, worshipping Godesses specifically, please.

I'm still really learning about my relationship with Her, but I'll give it a shot. I found the Goddess aspects of Wicca alluring when looking into other, non-Christian religions. Something about it felt right so I started looking more into Her, but through other paths as well.

1. The transition from the Christian God to my Goddess was only hard in that the prayers I was used to have other names for my Creator (God, Father, Jesus, etc), but even then, not too hard of a transition.
2. I can feel Her around me and within me while I pray. I try to either have symbols of Her near me or visualize them through meditation while in prayer.
3. I have only shared my change in faith, from Christianity to something between Buddhist and Pagan, with my spouse. My family and friends aren't ready for something like that just yet... :D
4. I have a feminine interpretation of my Creator because it seems more appropriate - life on Earth is generally created by females.

sm

Eagle

Y'shua follower
I'm still really learning about my relationship with Her, but I'll give it a shot. I found the Goddess aspects of Wicca alluring when looking into other, non-Christian religions. Something about it felt right so I started looking more into Her, but through other paths as well.

1. The transition from the Christian God to my Goddess was only hard in that the prayers I was used to have other names for my Creator (God, Father, Jesus, etc), but even then, not too hard of a transition.
2. I can feel Her around me and within me while I pray. I try to either have symbols of Her near me or visualize them through meditation while in prayer.
3. I have only shared my change in faith, from Christianity to something between Buddhist and Pagan, with my spouse. My family and friends aren't ready for something like that just yet... :D
4. I have a feminine interpretation of my Creator because it seems more appropriate - life on Earth is generally created by females.

sm

Hi,

May I ask if you at any time in your life sincerely repented, invited Jesus Christ in your heart and then got baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

Tx.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Hi,

May I ask if you at any time in your life sincerely repented, invited Jesus Christ in your heart and then got baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

Tx.

Before I answer the OP, I will answer this.

A long time ago, I had a personal talk with Jesus, just the two of us. I talking about my feelings and he talked about his, and we came to the conclusion that we had to see other people because our relationship wasnt working. We also agreed that we would be civil to each other whenever we met, that I would respect his followers and he would respect that I was not part of them. I was baptized, and I did accept the blood and body of Christ into my being, but it just didnt work out. Thats how it works with relationships.

Now I live happily and I am content in my own beliefs and traditions. I have a very good relationship with my own deities and with myself, and I am happy with that. You should be happy with that as well, because you are not me and cannot change what I believe in. You should respect my happiness and the happiness of others in a different faith than yours. I can assure you that you do not know Jesus as well as you think.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
A long time ago, I had a personal talk with Jesus, just the two of us. I talking about my feelings and he talked about his, and we came to the conclusion that we had to see other people because our relationship wasnt working. We also agreed that we would be civil to each other whenever we met, that I would respect his followers and he would respect that I was not part of them.
Sure, that's what he said. But I guarantee that he is stalking you on facebook and spreading vicious rumors about your goddess, saying she's a two-bit hussy who can't please you like he can.

Last edited:

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Sure, that's what he said. But I guarantee that he is stalking you on facebook and spreading vicious rumors about your goddess, saying she's a two-bit hussy who can't please you like he can.

Lol, Jesus isnt like that. Its the people who claim they are like Jesus or follow Jesus who are like that. Jesus was a Jew and was for the Jewish people of that time. It was only because of Paul that Jesus' teachings were brought to the Gentiles. I have no illusions about Jesus.

Eagle

Y'shua follower
Before I answer the OP, I will answer this.

A long time ago, I had a personal talk with Jesus, just the two of us. I talking about my feelings and he talked about his, and we came to the conclusion that we had to see other people because our relationship wasnt working. We also agreed that we would be civil to each other whenever we met, that I would respect his followers and he would respect that I was not part of them. I was baptized, and I did accept the blood and body of Christ into my being, but it just didnt work out. Thats how it works with relationships.

Now I live happily and I am content in my own beliefs and traditions. I have a very good relationship with my own deities and with myself, and I am happy with that. You should be happy with that as well, because you are not me and cannot change what I believe in. You should respect my happiness and the happiness of others in a different faith than yours. I can assure you that you do not know Jesus as well as you think.

Hi Nisou,

I appreciate your post although I was talking to Sol mas..........it is still possible to not be a child of God even if you accept the Blood and Body of Christ, if you did not make Him your first love you were not giving yourself to him in total, so you chose to stay in this world...this is how born again Christians feel about their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

You now have gods or dieties which you know is something we are warned about.........but anyway, not all is going to go on the narrow path.

We all have a free will....

Enjoy your peace, joy, love, acceptance and happiness.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Thank you. Now, for the OP:

For example:

I was raised Roman Catholic, but no matter how many times I went to church, how many times I surrendered myself to Jesus or God, or how many times I confessed, I was never able to get into it. There always was a hole in my heart and in my soul. I felt like I was ignoring something. My attendance lapsed as my mother stopped going to church, and I stopped praying and doing Catholic stuff.

Around the time I turned 11, I became aware of higher powers which I simply called "Them". Some life things interfered and my connection to Them became buried. A few years later, They decided to come back into my life in a sudden and jarring manner. I found out that They were the God and Goddess, and I never turned away from Them since. The transition from a single God to many Gods wasnt difficult at all, since I had always felt like there were more gods than just one.

I can't say I worship the Goddess. Its more... well. Its more than worship. Its a relationship. Its something so profound, so personal... Sort of like being with a lover that you dont have sex with, or dont HAVE to have sex with. Its the same with the God.

I dont hide my beliefs, but neither do I announce them to everyone either. My immediate family is fine with my beliefs, and I mention the Goddess only a few times within their earshot, but other than that I dont speak about any deities that I "believe" in other than with other Pagans or people who ask about it.

As for "believing", its more than just believing. Its a sort of knowing. I dont believe in the God or Goddess because I know they are there. I feel them, I see them, I speak with them, I work with them. Its much like I feel, see, speak and work with my mother or father or friends. As it says in my signature, "Seeing...[is] where belief stops, because it isnt needed anymore."

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Listen to the words of the Dark Mother, who of old was called Hecate, Nuit, Morrigan, Banba, Erda, Macha, MotherNight, Sekhmet, and many other names:

Whenever you seek wisdom, at the time of the Darkening Moon, come together in love and trust and learn of Me, who am the Wisest of Crones...Ye who search the mysteries of the Earth, the secrets of Air and Darkness, of Blood and Fire, the silence of the uttermost stars, come unto me, and I shall whisper to you in the depths of midnight.

Ye shall approach Me in silence, and as a sign that ye are free from fear, your breast you shall bare to My blade...for fear has no place in My mysteries, and that which you seek of me will destroy you if you fear it.

For I am the dolmen arch beyond which stretch the mysteries of infinity. I am the silence before birth and after death. I am the clouded mirror in which you scry your own soul. I am mist in the twilight, the vast and starry sky of midnight, shadows on the Moon.

All things come to Me in the end, and yet I am the beginning of all. I meet you at the crossroads, I lead you through the darkness, My hand you grasp in the passage between the worlds. To those that toy with Me am I an instrument of self-destruction. yet to the true seeker do I bring knowledge beyond mortal comprehension.

Of you shall I demand the utter truth of all that you are, and in return shall I give you all that you may be, all that I am. For My wisdom is beyond the Ages, and knowledge of My Secrets is power over self, over fear, over death. Nor do I demand aught of you which you cannot give. For I am the Mother of Mysteries, and as you know Me, so shall you learn to know yourself.

Bolded for emphasis. This is what my Goddess tells me. I do not fear her, I respect her. I do not toy with her, for I am an honest seeker and I know the difference between using Her and asking for help. I do not go to Her when I can get what I need by myself. I do not go to Her when I want to hurt someone. I do not ask Her to help me with things that I cannot control or do not have a grasp of. Me and Her have a relationship that is of respect, love, and understanding.

I appreciate your input and advice, however if you wish to continue this discussion, I will make a new thread in the "Debate" section. Otherwise, you will end up banned for not following the rules. This section is for same religion discussions, not debates from others.

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
Hi,

Tx.

Yes you may; and yes, but not in that order.

-sm

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
Ok, so what do you mean not in that order, please explain....:shrug:

Hello Eagle,

Although I'm happy to discuss this with you, I'm not sure this is the DIR in which to do it. It's certainly not the thread...

In short, however, I was just answering your question. Like many raised in a Christian home, I was baptized early in life. So, yes to your questions, but not in the order you listed.

Again, I'm happy to talk about it, but there's probably a better location (maybe start a new thread about 'Why did you convert to a Goddess path' or just pm me).

Peace to you,

-sm

For example:

I was raised in East Texas by a Conservative Christian mother, and with my alcoholic stepfather. I was very science minded at a young age and was fascinated with human potential through martial arts and psychic phenomena. I eventually found out that other people cannot simply feel the emotions of people around them and it shocked me, due to my upbringing I originally thought that I was demon possessed and did everything I could to hide it. But then I noticed that I could affect others energy and began to work simple magick on my own. Then I noticed I could subtly effect people's emotions and I was very scared. I then found refuge in the certainty of science and I used logic against what I thought was happening to me and found that the Bible was false in the 7th grade. I grew even more distant from most people, until I felt something strange within to older students at my school. A Half Native American girl in her Junior Year and a White Girl who was a senior. I found out that they where similar to me and the Half Native taught me about Shamanism and Hereditary Witchcraft and through magick I felt that the divine was female. The White Girl taught me more about what most people call "Energy Vampirism" and explained that she was of Kheperu but that while I was "Vampiric" I did not seem of Kheperu. Later on my stepfather tried to assault me but I threw him over my shoulder without even knowing how I learned how to do that, I had seen martial art movies but they where always striking martial arts, not grappling ones. After that my mother decided to divorce her stepfather and moved elsewhere to avoid public ridicule for having a divorce. Pin my junior year I met more Energy Leeches as I like to call it and a few Wiccans. I learned their ways quickly as it was similar to hereditary witchcraft and became high preist of the coven and in their we called Goddess Diana and God Kernunnos. I never really felt a connection to Kernunnos though so I eventually gave up the High Priesthood and became a lay member. I met some adults who introduced me to Lucifarinism and Druidism and while I took a few ideas from the former I took many from the later, but did not truly follow such beliefs. During this time I was having persistent dreams about places I had never been and through a bit of research came to beilieve in reincarnation (I originally did not beilive in life after death). Eventually I had a memory about a place in England where I worshipped a winged goddess draped in purple flames (this was a suprisingly clear memory they where ussually very vague and brief). Eventually my mother read my journal and found out I was a "Possesed Satan Worshipper" and tried to hit me and could not land a blow, she then disowned me and I left, I went to live with a Wiccan familiy in the area and after I graduated high school I felt compelled to go to England to find this place, there I found the Aset Ka. A group that worships the goddess Aset (the old Egyptian form of Isis) and used "Psyhcic Vampirism" that was different from most becuase it was a gift from the pantheistic form of Aset. So I fit right in with the religion and was initiated for I had met two of the members before in a past life and was told that the type of energy leech I am is called an Asetian, I learned about the history of the Aset Ka. And then went back home to my foster Wiccan Family, thankfully due to good grades and an IQ of 147 I have enough scholarship money to get up to my Doctorates, I am leaving to go to my college tommorow and I am pursuing a doctorate in Philosophy and plan to become a Philosophy Professor.

And that is how I came to worship Aset.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
My relationship with Lakshmi Maa sprung out of seemingly nowhere. I was not looking for a new faith, but when I found Hinduism it wasn't Ganesh or Krishna that called to em first, but Lakshmi. she's just always been there from the beginning and I've always felt a strong pull towards her. I was raised in a Christian tradition but had long since lost any sense of meaning or connection with a "male" deity. The transition was natural and seamless for me.For now it is something keep private from some members of my family for political reasons, but my husband and friends know and are very supportive.

I feel like the Universe itself is Deity. The Deity that is the Universe is the Supreme Passive Force that all takes place in. I feel that humans tend to be Masculine in that humans are the active force that makes changes in a passive environment, though most male humans are more masculine than most female humans.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If I were to use Goddess terminology, I would say I do worship the Goddess. She is what makes up every thing in our universe from planets to hedgehogs to humans.

I dont use Goddess because the term is a female version of God (English grammar rather than context). I say Mother instead.

Perhaps you were brought up with a male God in mind, I wonder if the transition to thinking Female was easy or difficult, for example?

Actually, no. I do live in a man world; but, our Mother is our Mother because She gave birth to us. We are born from water, all humans. That is how we have healing, peace, and blessings is by water. That is also why some of us live by the moon phases, because the moon guides the waters, the tides; and, the tides both symbolic and literal guides our lives.

What makes you sure of Her? How do you experience Her worship?

Only a Mother can give birth to a child. Men can't do that.

Experience her worship, gosh. It's all about gratitude really. A lifestyle of devotion, prayer, and giving gratitude to life and for life itself. All come from Creation (for lack of less loaded wording); She Is creation.

What about talking about Her with your family, work colleague or friends? Is it open or something private?

Private. I can't express how I view my faith. I mirror a lot of Buddhist beliefs and the core of Catholicism--living sacrifice--will always be a part of me. In other words, it confuses people when I do talk about it. That, and they think anything "pagan" has to do with evil witchcraft.

As far as the Goddess, I never expresse life as a He or She. I believe we do that out of convinence. I wonder what strangers would say if I said, I worshiped the Goddess. Probably throw them off guard.

Mitch M

I think that a Goddess can be a Hero who saves people and Shows Truth to all - or She can be a self centered deceiver.

I would like to meet a Goddess. I may have already.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. Perhaps you were brought up with a male God in mind, I wonder if the transition to thinking Female was easy or difficult, for example?
2. What makes you sure of Her? How do you experience Her worship?
3. What about talking about Her with your family, work colleague or friends? Is it open or something private?
4. Anything else to share?
1. We have many (male) Gods and many (female) Goddesses, and some who are both (Ardhanareeshwara - Lord Shiva and Shakti, Mohini - Lord Vishnu). Just like we have all in life. No transition.
2. I am an atheist, but my family is theist. So, on a Monday they may worship Shiva and on a Friday they may worship the Mother Goddess, No conflict.
3. Nothing private about it. Just like talking about parents, father and mother - and brothers (Ganesha and Kartikeya, sons of Shiva will be brothers. In our family we know Ganesha as 'Gannu Bhaiyya' - Brother Ganesha).
4. Why must anybody have this or that? Why not all?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

For example:

I had to think about this awhile before answering. I see the Earth as "our Mother." I worship the Earth and, in that sense, she is someone I put at high value (a Goddess). I dont use those terms at all; and, that is what best translate when talking about God-language.

1. I wasnt brought up with any religion. Christianity wasnt an influence until we moved where the people are more sother'n and hard stone "christchan". So, my thinking of the Earth as Mother is more convinence when I pray like that. It does remind me of associating with Christianity. I dont like to mimic other faiths. I pray by offerings to her.

2.a. She's right here, right now. Youre standing on her. She's giving you life. She's turning the moon. Not a deity. Naturalist.

2b.Living a holistic life and act in prayers

3. Mostly private. Its more I dont care to explain what I believe and have it attached directly or indirectly. It depends on the person. Surpingly, strangers are more understanding than family. Few in between.

4. This isnt really how I express my faith through use of deifying the Earth etc. However, because I do put the Earth at high value, to others that is how it may translate. I get exhausted with correcting people.

Araceli Cianna

For example:

1. I am Christian but I noticed the original Hebrew word for 'Holy Spirit' was "Ruach Hakodesh" which is actually feminine. Plus in the Wisdom Literatures there is a lot on a Lady Wisdom who existed before creation. She is described as being the bride of God and one and the same with the Holy Spirit. I've only recently become a Christian for personal reasons but I've believed in a Goddess Holy Spirit figure for most of my journey. It just makes sense to me.

2. I see Her as being One and the same with the Father, she is described in the Wisdom literature as being the 'Breath' (aka Spirit) of God. The Trinity are like a family in my eyes. A Father-Mother-Son unit. The Holy Spirit is Jesus' Mum! :)

3. My Christian Mother is quite open to this interpretation of Scripture and sees Her as feminine too. However my mother doesn't come at it in the polytheistic sense I do. I see many Goddesses as reflections of Her. Because there is so little on Her it's easier to get to know her through other manifestations in other more widely known polytheistic Goddess religions. However I do believe the Virgin Mary is a manifestation of Her.

4. Lately I've been interested with Filianism/Deanism and blending that with my Christian beliefs. It just resonates with me, calling Her Dea and knowing her in that way. It feels very personal, something I've only felt with the Father before. I would expand more but it's dinner time and it's Pizza! Peace out