• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite ritual object

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Hello everyone !

Well, title is pretty self explanatory but here we go :

Is there an object in your religious practice that you particularly like, find meaningful/beautiful or just enjoy seeing or practicing with ?

It could be a book, a kind of rosary, or a statue, even a local place or a picture... Or your whole altar ! Let's share pictures of it or them in this thread and discover more about each other's religions.

Here is one of mine: my damaru !
PXL-20210419-1738061162.jpg

It's a kind of drum used in some practices in tibetan Shamanism that got carried into tibetan Buddhism, they are still practiced by both nowadays.

Some exemples of use :
Chod_28_20.jpg

My favorite ritual object is the Sabbath candles. Each Friday night I light them and say a blessing over them to usher in the Shabbat, our holy day of rest. A peace falls over the house. It is a marked difference. I have spent a lot of time in preparation, doing the shopping, cleaning the home, searching for things that are forbidden to have lying around over the holy day, preparing the meal -- it's a real rush rush to beat the clock. And then the moment comes. I light the two white candles in their beautiful silver candlesticks. Three times I wave the light towards me, and then cover my eyes as I sing the blessing. And its like a warm glow falls upon my home. The Shabbat bride has come. Everything is different. A day of rest. A day of joy. A day of Torah. A day set aside.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Is there an object in your religious practice that you particularly like, find meaningful/beautiful or just enjoy seeing or practicing with ?

I like my assortment of Buddha statues. *Sorry, I couldn't delete this picture for some reason*

PXL-20210419-1738061162.jpg

Last edited:

ajay0

For me, incense is a great tool that I use in warding off stale or restless chi (negative energies) and bringing positive chi or energy instead. It is inexpensive, can be used while lit in all places, and light and easy to handle.

If I feel there are objects or places that have some psychic pollution in them, I use incense on them.

Rituals bring in a state of sacredness, which in turn increases present moment awareness. This is the whole purpose of rituals.

It doesn't work when the performance of rituals become mechanical and monotonous.