• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your fave local

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your all time favourite local restaurant/fast food out outlet and why?

I’m quite fond of a place here called “getta burger.” Big burgers, very thick thick shakes and decent fries.
I also like a little shack called “Broken Hearts Club Burgers.” Not a huge menu by any means, Like they have a grand total of like 4 burgers lol. Still it’s American inspired burgers made on the spot and on demand. Very fresh though also quite greasy lol.
Zambrero is also a fave of mine. It’s sort of “white peoples Mexican food” if it were made by a fitness junkie lol
A franchise called the Coffee Club is the go to for events made by my coworkers. Pretty good food and coffee

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have a friend who has a restaurant just a couple's of hundred metres along the road. A most excellent chef who has worked in some of the top Paris and London restaurants before opening La Cantine. Delicious, well presented fresh food.

There is a Thai restaurant, Sawadee, about 10km away, also great food in the typical Thai style. Food is cooked in an open kitchen in full view of the restaurant.

And lastly Restaurant le Tournepique. A Spanish restaurant amount 10km in the opposite direction to the Sawadee. I didn't used to be a fan of Spanish food but they changed my mind. Again an open kitchen so you can see just what is being prepared.

There are lots more around an about, worth of note,the Michelin rated Petit Paris does what i i think is the best beef stew ever. A ribeye steak marinated and cooked in red wine overnight with seasonal veg. And there chocolate souffle is pretty yum too.

66 Green in Perigueux (80km) is a vegetarian restaurant that prepares vegetarian and vegan food to die for. Daughter being vegi loves it.

There are a few i like in the UK too, not local but were (ish) when i lived there, 12 in Thornton, another Michelin rated place, Hawksmoor in Manchester and the Fat Duck near Maidenhead.

And fast food, the Canadian Charcoal Pit in Sale (near Manchester). Burgers made in front of you, cooked of charcoal to your liking and a vast array of sauces, pickles etc to choose from

Nimos

I’m quite fond of a place here called “getta burger.” Big burgers, very thick thick shakes and decent fries.
I also like a little shack called “Broken Hearts Club Burgers.” Not a huge menu by any means, Like they have a grand total of like 4 burgers lol. Still it’s American inspired burgers made on the spot and on demand. Very fresh though also quite greasy lol.
Zambrero is also a fave of mine. It’s sort of “white peoples Mexican food” if it were made by a fitness junkie lol
A franchise called the Coffee Club is the go to for events made by my coworkers. Pretty good food and coffee
Pizza place(s)... just well made Italian pizza

exchemist

Veteran Member

Maybe not quite in the spirit of the thread but it happens to be true! Chez Bruce: 15 mins walk away and has a Michelin star. I'm very lucky. Mind you I only go there a couple of times a year. Food not outrageously expensive but the cost of wine is a killer (fairly normal for London, sadly). So only on special occasions.

Everything I've had there has been fantastic, the tables are far enough apart to give some privacy, service is very competent, but friendly, informal and unobtrusive - and somehow you always come out feeling you have had just the right amount eat. Bruce Poole is a cool guy. I have his cookery book, which is very down to earth and practical. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've so many favorites.
But some I go to seldom.
Frequented...
- Star Cafe (Lebanese)
- Ari Rang (Korean)
- Everest (Tibetan)
- Chela's (Mexican)
- Taco King (Mexican)
- Blue Nile (Ethiopian)
- Chia Shiang (Chinese)
- Lai Lai (Chinese)
- Yee Siang (Chinese dumplings)

Subway is off the list cuz it closed.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've so many favorites.
But some I go to seldom.
Frequented...
- Star Cafe (Lebanese)
- Ari Rang (Korean)
- Everest (Tibetan)
- Chela's (Mexican)
- Taco King (Mexican)
- Blue Nile (Ethiopian)
- Chia Shiang (Chinese)
- Lai Lai (Chinese)
- Yee Siang (Chinese dumplings)

Subway is off the list cuz it closed.

I love Subway.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Let's see.

Westside Pizza is amazing here.
Taco Bell is a good option for fake Mexican.
Sonic for Slushies
DQ for Ice Cream
Subway has decent sandwiches.