• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your experiences with friendships across belief divides?

Shad

Veteran Member
I do not form friendships based on religion or differences in religion. Seems like a shallow point to form any friendship on in my view.

Workman

UNIQUE
That has a lot of significance for me, and I learned something from what you said about good and bad intentions.

Is there anything you could say that might help other people learn how to do that?

(later) I've been thinking about the names, letters and sounds ... the closest you could reach to God ... now it all makes perfect sense to me.That's wonderful. Can you think of any highlights in how you learned that, any special moments?
It is hard to explain..for instance like the word “FEW” what would you say what this word means?
If I were to read this through tounges
This is what the letters will be saying..
F..is saying one who is “only”
E..is saying the ones “being”
W..is saying ones whole is fully beliefs.

If you put that altogether I have a different explanation of the word..

Another way Jim I can read names aswel..for instance your name Jim
Says a lot about one using the mind a lot in there journey..the mind is what that name depends on more than the heart...there is more but I’ll stop there.

It is the sound of it that explains to me their meaning..it is confusing to explain and to understand

Reactions: Jim

Workman

UNIQUE
@Workman Here's a thought I had about good and bad intentions.

█░░████░░░░░░█░░███░░█░░░░░█
█░░████░░██░░█░░███░░█░░████
█░░████░░██░░█▌░▐█▌░▐█░░░░██
█░░████░░██░░█▌░▐█▌░▐█░░████

█░░░░░█░░░░░░██ ░░░░░██░░░░░█
So is the bad it’s confusion..and good it’s work to find?

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
My experiences with friends of all kinds of different religions have usually been very positive but more common than people of the same religion, usually we learn a lot of stuff about each other among other things. I like it, it also falls under what I have an interest in in my spare time anyway. Sadly, it seems more difficult to find people of the same religion in general.
So then in those occasions when you meet or find out someone is of the same religion as you, it's like one of those "wink wink, secret handshake" moments :D

Reactions: Jim