• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your experience with a professional psychic

satyaroop

have you ever sought the help/service of a professional psychic?
did the experience convince you that he/she (the psychic) genuinely possessed psychic abilities?

:).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
have you ever sought the help/service of a professional psychic?
did the experience convince you that he/she (the psychic) genuinely possessed psychic abilities?

:).

I went to two; but, the former, I wouldnt call a psychic. I got an informal readings from a Babalow. He asked the orishas if I were a ready candidant to follow the Lukumi religion. Its very expensive and there is a lot of ritual and animal sacrifice that in my christian area, religions such as these literally have practice in secret. The animals are expensive to transport here.

Here is some info about it.

He was correct in my religious search and findings. He said to get in touch with my ancestors first since we all are connected to our ancestors without needing a proper divination to go into initation with the proper Orisha and Orishas.

The second person was a behind the store psychic. I cant remember the advice. Unless its specific, any person can be a psychic. A lot of it is body language reading and things you see magicians do. Not to ellude but the techniques ares similar. What makes them different is the purpose and culture within which its practiced.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I once asked a psychic why I had gotten fired from a couple of jobs. She told me that when I was a boss in Germany in a prior life I had fired these people for no good reason, just because of how I was feeling, and they were returning the "favor" in this life.

I have no way of proving or disproving what she told me but I gave it some credence because a very good friend and I both love German Baroque music, I had taken German in college and, most importantly to me, it felt accurate to my understanding of karma.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Huh. RF must have eaten the post I made yesterday on this. Or I forgot to post it because I got busy with something else... which is more likely... haha.

I'd like to tell a story about someone I know who works as a diviner at a professional level.

Divination is one of those things everybody knows about but nobody knows about. Put another way, common folk think they know what it is, but they don't really know what it is (see https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/divination-not-what-you-think.184258/ for a thread I made about this a while ago about some of that). My friend encounters this all the time when he does sessions for people. They attach expectations that the session is going to be about telling the future, and that he's psychic (with particular ideas about what that means).

He often starts off his sessions by dispelling those misconceptions. Whether or not the people working with him consider him "psychic" or not isn't important to him, and really besides the point. At the end of the day, he serves a role analogous to a counselor or therapist (a role which he also has a professional background in and its what he does for his day job). H
e has a particularly strong intuition and ability to read people that some label as "psychic." If they benefited from their session and come away with it with a greater sense of meaningfulness or purpose in their lives, that's what matters to him. He doesn't care if they walk away thinking "wow, that guy is psychic!"

But you know... there is something magical about someone being able to help you through your life's journey through a deck of pictographic cards and solid intuition. Maybe we like using magical words like "psychic" or "intuitive" to describe that because it's really awesome that this works? In a culture that nowadays tends to undervalue emotions and intuition, it's nice to play it up a bit here and there. :D