• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your criteria for salvation & consequences

PearlSeeker

Salvation is a path of liberation or transcending the chains of ego, turning to (realization of) God and godly life

Requirements are: feeling a call/inspiration/pull/word of God written in the heart and following whatever resonates, inspires, helps, sets a good example... For me Jesus and mystic Christianity is the Morning star and main anchorage but I feel similarly also for many treasures of other religions.

Result is: a growing flow of love, awareness of God and oneness of all. I would also point out humility - not judging others, awareness of own weakness and falls, awareness of help of grace, easier to forgive (self and others), easier to move on... In short: enjoying a foretaste of heaven and full bliss in the world to come.

Consequence of failure is: I guess there is just painful prolonging. Sooner or later it catches all.

GoodbyeDave

Off the top of my head, I'd say that salvation is a concept confined to Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism. If I fell in the river, I'd need saving, but otherwise I find the concept meaningless.