• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"You think I do WHAT?!"

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
NOTE: I'd prefer if only Muslims would respond to this thread, I will be making another thread elsewhere for misconceptions outsiders have of Islam. I'd just like to have this thread be through the "Muslim lens," so to say...
edit- The other thread, for the questions posed to nonMuslims, is here.

Sisters and brothers, I'm hoping you can help me out. Insha'allah, I'm hoping to write a sort of FAQ or paper about common misconceptions and outright falsehoods of Islam that people think and hold that you experience. Any ideas, info, links about clearing up these myths would be appreciated, too.

The ones I can think of off the top of my head right now are...

-Women are abused in Islam
-Allah is a "Moon God" and not the Abrahamic God
-All Muslims are terrorists (or that most terrorists are Muslims)
-Muslims don't speak out against terrorism
-Muslims and Jews have always fought

I'm actually drawing a blank now, LOL! But it's probably cause I need to get to bed... :thud:

Thanks in advance,
Khalila

neves

Yes sister I will try to help out... I will post on the link you provided here...because the questions are coming out from the horse’s mouth there... hopefully more Brothers and Sister will come and add some input and/or correct any errors…

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Thanks brother for all the answers in the other thread, I'll be compiling them (especially the exact verses) into the FAQ. :)

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
I will help definitely sis. I feel like a broken record and I know you do too. A faq would be great, but I have apprehension about it as well. Not because of you but because I think it will be ignored by those who wish to ignore it.

I really hate the misconception that muslims don't speak out. There is a masjid in Schaumbur,IL tht has an open house regularly to answer questions and clarify issues for muslims and non-muslims alike. The idea is that education is key to understanding things, and to seperating the idea that somehow someway Islam does in fact support the evil of terrorism. We are thinking of starting a program like that in a masjid here in the greater Chicago area to do that as well.

I will provide ayats of Quran and anything else I can get my hands on to help build this faq. Thanks for the effort maesi. (can i still call you maesi?)

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
You can call me Maesi or Khalila, whichever you want. :)

Thanks for the offering of help! :D We're going to make an awesome FAQ to educate those who want to learn, and we can just ignore the ones who ignore it and continue to be rude.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I really would like to join this FAQ thing, but I'm very busy with my exams right now, so forgive me Maesi (Khalila) :)

God bless your efforts...And I will certainly help whenever I can..

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
-Women are abused in Islam

Maybe we should start with her list of points she left behind? I don't know where to start or how to address the issue in a q&a kinda way ya'll.

This is the first point though. It is a common misconception that Islam supports the degradation, oppression, and overall mistreatment of women.........
(umm I don't know how to continue it?.......)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suggest to take it one by one.

We should make a plan for approaching each point of them, something like:

1- We should analyze the misconception we get from the other thread regarding the point we are working on.

2- We start collecting proofs from Quran and Sunnah.

3- Opnions of various scholars from many countries.

4- A simple language putting all this information together.

5- As all of us will work on this, we should then vote to an answer which will be accepted by most of the muslims in RF, because we don't want to dispute amongst each other.

And don't worry, we are not in a hurry, because we weren't doing anything about this thread before, so there is no rush in completeing all this quickly. After compiling this FQA, then we can put it as a sticky which can't be altered again unless all the Muslims in RF agree to do so.

What do you think of this plan as a start?

You are all welcome to add to or subtract from what i have listed above.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!

1- We should analyze the misconception we get from the other thread regarding the point we are working on.

5- As all of us will work on this, we should then vote to an answer which will be accepted by most of the muslims in RF, because we don't want to dispute amongst each other.

And don't worry, we are not in a hurry, because we weren't doing anything about this thread before, so there is no rush in completeing all this quickly. After compiling this FQA, then we can put it as a sticky which can't be altered again unless all the Muslims in RF agree to do so.

Can't be more excited...I'm totally with that:)

And may Allah bless the idea, and the effort to be taken isA..

But:
I really would like to join this FAQ thing, but I'm very busy with my exams right now, so forgive me Maesi (Khalila) :)
Weird...I have my exams now as well:D
just a week, and then I will be there for the action..

Thanks FVM for awaking this up again:)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah

I don't know how I haven't seen this great thread :sorry1:
It's really a great idea and I do agree with your plan Abu Khalid.

Peace

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
I guess we can start posting ayat and ahadith dealing with women subjects. Tomorrow insha Allah I will begin to post these things. Maybe when we get it together we can sticky it.