• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Shall Not Pass!

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
The title states the obvious and gets the joke out of the way, it just occurred to me my username is absolute meme material so have at it if you wish. Also to answer any other questions in advance; my actual beard is not that long or white but I have been called Gandalf by a lot people for my Odinesque eccentricities and hence Gandalf stuck.

But nonetheless I am here and welcome myself to my gracious lords and ladies of this forum! Saruman's sorcery seems to not have taken hold here and I hope it remains that way!

I am a syncretic deist and an avid devotee to philosophy which I have graciously used to ground all of my theological opinions on. I did not choose the title of deist throughout my life but it ended up fitting later on as my opinions naturally rested there upon the title. I am more monotheistic than your average Muslim, equally secular as an atheist and more nihilistic than Nietzsche drinking the Kool-Aid.

I would just like to clarify I am not Left Hand Path and do not like the association even though people think it fits and I can understand why but it gets presumed to much and I would rather nip it in the bud now :). I have taken my time to verse myself well into religious topics and with old age comes assurity of wisdom, I guess it works like that but I still don't feel wiser! I have taken to heart the works of Plato, Pythagoras, Avicenna, Nietzsche and many others. My syncretism comes from my blending of Pythagoreanism, Islam and Gnosticism as I was very perplexed by natural theology while holding no fondness for being apart of any religion.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Welcome Gandalf,

I have taken my time to verse myself well into religious topics and with old age comes assurity of wisdom, I guess it works like that but I still don't feel wiser! I have taken to heart the works of Plato, Pythagoras, Avicenna, Nietzsche and many others. My syncretism comes from my blending of Pythagoreanism, Islam and Gnosticism as I was very perplexed by natural theology while holding no fondness for being apart of any religion.

Now THAT is a great list, all of those people and traditions have influenced me actually. Platonism is like my mistress and Gnosticism is that hot chick I flirt with but Islam is my wife, son and daughter. Nietzsche is my bartender :D
Ok, I'm being facetious but great list and cool to have you around. I think we will get along well :cool:

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
A little belated but welcome to RF.

So far although there are a few who I think have that tendency. After all, what is more @Revoltingest than Saruman.

This fellow sounds like a great sorcerer! By the stars I shall do battle with him and lay him to waste as i did the Balrog of Durin's Bane!
Prepare for battle!

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
Welcome Gandalf,

Now THAT is a great list, all of those people and traditions have influenced me actually. Platonism is like my mistress and Gnosticism is that hot chick I flirt with but Islam is my wife, son and daughter. Nietzsche is my bartender :D
Ok, I'm being facetious but great list and cool to have you around. I think we will get along well :cool:

You will find me not to far removed from a Muslim at times, I must say my parallels are close and it never occured to me until late in life about this as I have a strong disdain for giving God human form. So it shocked me a whole chunk of the world agreed with me just as fervently and they were Muslims this whole time :D.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
He would make a good avatar.
But I'm actually much more like Radagast.
If you were a true nerd, you'd see the truth in that.
"Radagast the Brown! [...] Radagast the Bird-tamer! Radagast the Simple! Radagast the Fool! Yet he had just the wit to play the part that I set him."
Saruman

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The title states the obvious and gets the joke out of the way, it just occurred to me my username is absolute meme material so have at it if you wish. Also to answer any other questions in advance; my actual beard is not that long or white but I have been called Gandalf by a lot people for my Odinesque eccentricities and hence Gandalf stuck.

But nonetheless I am here and welcome myself to my gracious lords and ladies of this forum! Saruman's sorcery seems to not have taken hold here and I hope it remains that way!

I am a syncretic deist and an avid devotee to philosophy which I have graciously used to ground all of my theological opinions on. I did not choose the title of deist throughout my life but it ended up fitting later on as my opinions naturally rested there upon the title. I am more monotheistic than your average Muslim, equally secular as an atheist and more nihilistic than Nietzsche drinking the Kool-Aid.

I would just like to clarify I am not Left Hand Path and do not like the association even though people think it fits and I can understand why but it gets presumed to much and I would rather nip it in the bud now :). I have taken my time to verse myself well into religious topics and with old age comes assurity of wisdom, I guess it works like that but I still don't feel wiser! I have taken to heart the works of Plato, Pythagoras, Avicenna, Nietzsche and many others. My syncretism comes from my blending of Pythagoreanism, Islam and Gnosticism as I was very perplexed by natural theology while holding no fondness for being apart of any religion.
Can't believe that the Gandalf username was not taken yet. All hail Mithrandir, the Grey Pilgrim. :)

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
Can't believe that the Gandalf username was not taken yet. All hail Mithrandir, the Grey Pilgrim. :)

Come my child, there is great trickery in these threads and surredly Saruman, Servant of Morgorth lurks in nearby!

I would give you a glowing blue sword if possible but in these times there is much more adequate weaponry available!
562c8f6c4ed83c585be10f842304fff3.jpg

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Come my child, there is great trickery in these threads and surredly Saruman, Servant of Morgorth lurks in nearby!

I would give you a glowing blue sword if possible but in these times there is much more adequate weaponry available!
562c8f6c4ed83c585be10f842304fff3.jpg
Sauron, servant of Morgoth....sorry can't help it. :p

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
You will find me not to far removed from a Muslim at times, I must say my parallels are close and it never occured to me until late in life about this as I have a strong disdain for giving God human form. So it shocked me a whole chunk of the world agreed with me just as fervently and they were Muslims this whole time :D.

See I knew we'd get along :D

tumblr_mjrix5tGPn1s70ywso5_250.gif

Welcome again bro.