• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You can't kill the metal!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
THUNDER BOLT!

[youtube]W_0hKymFsnc[/youtube]

[youtube]pxCwoS-6m-s[/youtube]

This band opened my eyes to the truth.........Black Metal is a gift to mankind from the celestial Metal Heads. I no lie

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hey, the Wall Street Journal has a positive article regarding metalheads! :D

Metal Music Can Be Good For You - Speakeasy - WSJ

snippet:
Dismiss stray incidents in which deranged people who happened to like metal did something terrible, and you’ll find that as rebellious as some of its practitioners may be, and as negative as some of their music may seem, metal is ultimately a positive force for those who embrace it. Unlike pop, which endorses a herd mentality, metal speaks to those who question authority and strive to find their own path. It’s music for people who don’t want to conform and seek kindred spirits who crave the same visceral experience.

Look inside any city’s metal scene and you’ll find a community of individuals that bond through their favorite music. While they often express their collective identity with monstrous tattoos, tribal piercings and band t-shirts, penetrate the defensive armor and you’ll find a group of affable, often knowledgeable music fans who listen to metal for catharsis, energy and empowerment.

Turn back to the Mayhem crowd for a moment – or any gathering of fans at a major metal concert. There’s a marked difference between these individuals and fans at most music shows. It’s not just their attitude that’s different, the demographic is inconsistent with any other music genre. Catch a Justin Bieber gig and you’ll see a pack of kids and a few irritated parents. At metal shows, youths barely out of junior high stand besideheshers wearing jackets decorated with Motorhead, Ozzy and Iron Maiden patches. Professionals with receding hairlines, who entered a mainstream career but never gave up on their teenage love of metal, exchange head nods with 20-something girls in short skirts and tight shirts.​

lol, multigenerational family fun! :D

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This thread needs a resuscitation:

[youtube]EX2ibICHDAg[/youtube]
[youtube]Esi9RUWWtks[/youtube] (For all you animal rights lovers.)
[youtube]HX-rdobY-T8[/youtube]
[youtube]GbomlWknAOQ[/youtube] (Better than anything that's on Killswitch Engage's latest album.)
[youtube]gBTDGbigifw[/youtube]
[youtube]5yqWtYD8qSI[/youtube]
[youtube]HQIH45i4fmU[/youtube]
[youtube]2oABVEGAX3E[/youtube]
[youtube]ZpAYuo4NYz8[/youtube]
[youtube]TQ7ei7Yz9-s[/youtube]
[youtube]d6_sRDFideY[/youtube]

Basically, I listen to a ton of melodeath, deathcore, technical death, djent, progressive metalcore, etc.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Deepest Death Metal Vocals/Gutturals in HISTORY!

Too bad their last album is quite forgettable. Tsk tsk. Oh, well. There's always Whitechapel and Thy Art is Murder. Whitechapel is king of the deathcore bands, anyway.

[youtube]eAAuNFV20mk[/youtube]
[youtube]47Plg93oJ1M[/youtube]

Ramstein is not metal but they are well received by metal heads. I do not know why but I love them as well. They have such a good reception with non metal heads and rockers in general. Not many bands can bridge this gap

Rammstein is metal.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
When Rob Halford came out as gay, this upset the metalhead base, which were males with a machismo attitude. Being gay was seen as being too feminine to be a metal musician, so Halford took alot of crap for it. I'd like to think that the attitude has changed since then, but I don't know.

Not really. Metal is still a sexist, homophobic macho boy's club.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Indeed. Alissa White-Gluz is a talented vocalist with a versatile style.
Agreed. Also, the layered growls from the other members of the band really adds to the intensity. It'll be interesting to watch this group to see how they develop. :yes: