• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yoga Nidra

atanu

Premium Member
Hello

Yoga Nidra can be tried by anyone. It is pleasant and easy and is said to have the potential to clean away the subconscious layers of mind of the negativities. On the physical level, it is extremely easy way to control stress, tension, and sleeplessness.

I link below three files from UCLA. Practising only the first will do all that is required.

https://itunes.apple.com/in/itunes-u/deep-relaxation-guided-meditation/id434139276?mt=10

Happy Yoga Nidra relaxation to all.

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
Yoga Nidra is based on a concept that is opposed to the idea of Nihilism-Materialism that hold that consciousness is a product of interaction/arrangement of inert materials.

Eastern dharma, particularly the Hindu dharma, holds that consciousness is an infinite sea, whereupon thoughts and objects come and go. The temporal are known and not the timeless eternal. Vedanta holds that every jiva (living being) enters into this non dual sea of consciousness in deep sleep and discards the temporal mind for the duration of the deep sleep.

This deep sleep realm however is said to hold the particular seeds that sprout in dream as dream 'me' and its particular world and in waking as waking 'me' and its world.

Yoga Nidra can water the good seeds.