• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yoga and Islam

nawab

Our prophet SAW never did Yoga in the cave or anywhere OK, the medication part was a part of his test alone and that was before the first revelation after the first revelation he never medicated in the cave he prayed, so Pray before you are prayed upon

Hiya Fatihah :)...

This is what i dont understand...Yoga and Salat are two different practices...i dont see Yoga as same as to performing Salat...

Even Hazrath Muhammad(SAW) us to meditate in the Cave of Hira(near Makkah) before he was bestowed with Prophethood...and this is where he was enlightened...

So why is it NOW seen as forbidden?

:) xxx

nawab

I dont even have to be a Arab to explain to you about this phrase it consists two words (ana) and (al Haq). Ana means I am in arabic and al Haq is one one the 99 attributes of Allah mentioned. so he was claiming divinity and thus he was killed as an heretic, now whatever maulana rumi says is not important for a muslim the quran and haddith is enough

in my post capital YOU is also for GOD ;)

in Islam Creator is different from Creation ,and under no condition both can be same , therefore Mansoor was tortured to death . for saying I am GOD .

Bhagat Ravidass ji

सिरीरागु ॥
Sirīrāg.
Sree Raag:

तोही मोही मोही तोही अंतरु कैसा ॥
Ŧohī mohī mohī ṯohī anṯar kaisā.
You are me, and I am You-what is the difference between us?

कनक कटिक जल तरंग जैसा ॥१॥
Kanak katik jal ṯarang jaisā. ||1||
We are like gold and the bracelet, or water and the waves. ||1||Guru Granth Sahib ji

same Baba Farid ji saying ,

Farīḏā kẖālak kẖalak mėh kẖalak vasai rab māhi.
Fareed, the Creator is in the Creation, and the Creation abides in God.
Manḏā kis no ākẖī▫ai jāʼn ṯis bin ko▫ī nāhi. ||75||
Whom can we call bad? There is none without Him. ||75||Guru Granth sahib ji

So sad , i wanna add ,

when Mansoor was stonned , He was smiling and sayin " These ppls are doing due to ignorance " , But when his one frnd who Knowed that MANSOOR is not Lying , He is ONE with ONE ,, throwed A Flower instead of Stone under fear from ruler , Mansoor stop smiling and said " THIS FLOWER HURTS ME MORE THAN STONE "

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
Our prophet SAW never did Yoga in the cave or anywhere OK, the medication part was a part of his test alone and that was before the first revelation after the first revelation he never medicated in the cave he prayed, so Pray before you are prayed upon

Mr Nawab i contradict you :) xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
I dont even have to be a Arab to explain to you about this phrase it consists two words (ana) and (al Haq). Ana means I am in arabic and al Haq is one one the 99 attributes of Allah mentioned. so he was claiming divinity and thus he was killed as an heretic, now whatever maulana rumi says is not important for a muslim the quran and haddith is enough

Nawab you are in no position to say what is important or not for the entire Muslim race!!!

nawab

whoever claims he is one with God is one of the worst kinds, God almighty feeds everything and he himself doest requires to be fed, he gives sleep to everything and he himself doesnt sleep. anyone who claims this nonsense cannot just do these two things. I am not in any position to say anything so is maulana Rumi and any sheikh if there opinions are with the quran and the haddith then Aman as sadaqa but if not then cast it to the wall, if you contradict me dont just say tell me why maybe i am wrong

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
whoever claims he is one with God is one of the worst kinds, God almighty feeds everything and he himself doest requires to be fed, he gives sleep to everything and he himself doesnt sleep. anyone who claims this nonsense cannot just do these two things. I am not in any position to say anything so is maulana Rumi and any sheikh if there opinions are with the quran and the haddith then Aman as sadaqa but if not then cast it to the wall, if you contradict me dont just say tell me why maybe i am wrong

I never argue or debate Nawab...

People who argue and debate are indeed in error(that is what i think personally)...

xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power

Nawab you seem to have a verse penned by Muhammad Allama Iqbal in your replies...

Muhammad Allama Iqbal himself was a staunch affirmer of Hazrath Jalaluddin Rumi...

So,i think by demonising Hazrath Jalaluddin Rumi is indirectly contradicting to your likeness to Muhammad Allama Iqbals' verse...

xxx

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

I just want to ask, what is your understanding of the idea that a person is one with God? And do you only mean the people who claim Oneness without distinction?

nawab

yes I am a admirer of Iqbal and Rumi as well, i just take what is good and leave what is bad
i am kind having a little doubt about your english standard sister, if i am wrong and you are silent in front of me then you are as evil as me and have commited the same sin

A-ManESL

There are levels of understanding in the Quran and what you are percieving as a violation of Oneness of God(wahdat), is really the greatest kind of oneness of God. What Mansur Hallaj said was really the greatest kind of submission possible. Since you are interpreting him at the level of an ordinary thinking, so you cannot reconcile yourself to that idea. But try to think in this direction: Mansur Hallaj had intense love for God. As is said in the following Prophetic tradition, his love reached an extreme where God became his hearing, his actions etc

God the All-Mighty says: ". . . My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties that I have imposed upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, his foot with which he walks. . ."

In effect, he lost all conciousness of himself as an individual and as soon as he did that all there remained was God. There was nothing left for him to identify himself by, and so he uttered Ana-al-Haq.

In reality, the person who says "Thou art God and I am thy servant", is acknowledging two existences, of himself and of God. But Hallaj's position is greater for he is acknowledging only one existence, he had annihilated all duality, all pluralism, himself included and there only remained God.

Regards.

Last edited:

nawab

Dear Zoyahayat

Iqbal have said Haram-e-Pak bi, Quran bi or Allah bi ek
Koi bari baat ti hote joh musalman bi ek