• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YHWH: Worship ONE GOD, not MANY GODS. Worship Me, alone!

John1.12

Free gift
Christians who believe Jesus is God always made one, if not all, of these common responses in their efforts to justify their ‘Jesus is God’ belief :

1) they rarely quote the words of Jesus but instead they, more often than not, quote the words of others like Paul, the NT scribes, and so on…

2) If they do quote Jesus’ words, they either misinterpret, understood his words literally or they try to ‘tailor-fit’ their belief into Jesus’ words with conjectures

3) they make a lot of assumptions about what Jesus never said and they ignore what Jesus really did said.
This is exactly what I see ,but the other way round . I take what Jesus said of himself and what Others ( including Paul) said about him . I don't cherry pick .

Shakeel

God would not have exalted Christ to His throne in heaven if Christ was not the Spirit of God.

If you read lsaiah 45:21-23, you'll see that it says 'unto me every knee shall bow'. So who is this referring to if not God?
God doesn't need to be "raised on the throne" by God. In fact that sounds absurd.

The cat took the cat to the litter box. Is there two cats or just one? By your logic just one and it's totally normal to talk like that.

So you think God and His spirit are separate just like with humans? Then who breathed the spirit into God to make Him living?

By all appearances it refers to Jesus. Otherwise it would say God. I agree it sounds a little blasphemous at first hand, but in the light of the Bible:

Genesis 42:6 "Now Joseph was the ruler over the land; he was the one who sold to all the people of the land. And Joseph’s brothers came and bowed down to him with their faces to the ground."

2 Samuel 1:2 "On the third day, behold, a man came out of the camp from Saul, with his clothes torn and dust on his head. And it came about when he came to David that he fell to the ground and prostrated himself."

Genesis 49:8 '“Judah, your brothers shall praise you; Your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; Your father’s sons shall bow down to you.'

Exodus 18:7 "Then Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and he bowed down and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare and went into the tent."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Lol its literally saying its Jesus.. You may not believe the bible but its saying its Jesus. 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19¶For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Where does it say Jesus Is the creator?

So far you're just found verses with preps: in/with/by/of but not

Is

Preps show the relationship between two separate things:

Spirit In Jesus
Lamb Of god
Father In him

That verse above doesn't say Jesus is the creator. It just says the role Jesus plays in your salvation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
ahem......there is only ONE Almighty
the term is self explanatory

if you favor something......less

God might leave you to follow.......something less

SA Huguenot

Where does it say christ says he "is" the creator?
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Joh 1:3 All things were made through Him, and apart from Him nothing was made that has come into being.
Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overpowered it.
Joh 1:9 The true light, coming into the world, gives light to every man.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him; but the world did not know Him.
Joh 1:11 He came to His own, but His own did not receive Him.
Joh 1:12 But whoever did receive Him, those trusting in His name, to these He gave the right to become children of God.
Joh 1:13 They were born not of a bloodline, nor of human desire, nor of man’s will, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. We looked upon His glory, the glory of the one and only from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John testifies about Him. He cried out, saying, “This is He of whom I said, ‘The One who comes after me is above me, because He existed before me.’”
Joh 1:16 Out of His fullness, we have all received grace on top of grace.
Joh 1:17 Torah was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Yeshua the Messiah.
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God; but the one and only God, in the Father’s embrace, has made Him known. (back to verse 10)

moorea944

Then why would Jesus say, Follow me? [John 10:27]. If Jesus did not do the works of God, then why would a disciple give up all to follow Jesus? Jesus did not say, l'll teach you about God, he said, Follow me!

[Then why would Jesus say, Follow me? [John 10:27]. If Jesus did not do the works of God, then why would a disciple give up all to follow Jesus? Jesus did not say, l'll teach you about God, he said, Follow me!]

Yes, that's true. But I think we are now talking about something else... But yes, he did say follow me. But.... we know what Jesus taught. He taught about the Kingdom of God. That was his message and that was his message even after his resurrection. And after his resurrection he was here for 40 days. Doing what? Teaching about the coming Kingdom of God. Jesus is the way dont forget. And he had every right to say, follow me. Who else would have taught them?.....

JerryMyers

This is exactly what I see ,but the other way round . I take what Jesus said of himself and what Others ( including Paul) said about him . I don't cherry pick .
I am sorry, Barry, all I see in this thread is your cherry picking of Paul’s words that you imply ‘prove’ Jesus’ divinity, BUT, none from Jesus himself….. then again, I could have missed them. So, if you say you took what Jesus said of himself and what others (including Paul) said of him, then, perhaps, you can show me where in this thread did you quote Jesus’ words claiming divinity.

Brian2

Veteran Member
So, apparently the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient God has an ego. Why?

God knows who and what He is. God knows He is the only True God. God wants us to worship the only true God and not false Gods. God wants us to believe His words, which are truth, and not the ideas and/or lies of men and demons.
Is there anything wrong with ego?
Is there anything wrong with God having an ego?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Please can you all remember that this thread is concerning YHWH being the ONLY GOD of the Israelites / Jews.

I understand that there will be a strong pull towards chatting about trinity but if you can confine your responses to YHWH God being the ONLY GOD that we should worship then that would be fine. I’m sure there are plenty threads concerning trinity elsewhere.

Why, for instance, did YHWH need to tell the children of Israel that they were to worship Him and Him alone as their only God?

What does it mean that Jesus said:
  • Father, ... this means eternal life that they should believe IN YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD...’
What does it mean that the Apostle told his congregation that, though there are many who are called ‘Gods’ (Spiritual Rulers) and ‘Lords’ (Human Leaders) in the world, the congregations is to believe that:
  • ‘There is [only] one God; the Father, and [only] one Lord; Jesus Christ.’
We are not to worship any other called ‘God’ but YHWH, alone. This is the point or are the points, I set the thread to explore.

Your OP and what you say here lends to a discussion on the Trinity and how the New Testament tells us that Jesus is YHWH and how the Old Testament tells us that YHWH is our Lord.
YHWH was the God who showed Israel that He was alive and mightier than any other of the gods around by His saving them from slavery in Egypt. YHWH also made a covenant with Israel that He would be their God.

John1.12

Free gift
Where does it say Jesus Is the creator?

So far you're just found verses with preps: in/with/by/of but not

Is

Preps show the relationship between two separate things:

Spirit In Jesus
Lamb Of god
Father In him

That verse above doesn't say Jesus is the creator. It just says the role Jesus plays in your salvation.
16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

The Father did not Die on the cross.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Joh 1:3 All things were made through Him, and apart from Him nothing was made that has come into being.
Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overpowered it.
Joh 1:9 The true light, coming into the world, gives light to every man.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him; but the world did not know Him.
Joh 1:11 He came to His own, but His own did not receive Him.
Joh 1:12 But whoever did receive Him, those trusting in His name, to these He gave the right to become children of God.
Joh 1:13 They were born not of a bloodline, nor of human desire, nor of man’s will, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. We looked upon His glory, the glory of the one and only from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John testifies about Him. He cried out, saying, “This is He of whom I said, ‘The One who comes after me is above me, because He existed before me.’”
Joh 1:16 Out of His fullness, we have all received grace on top of grace.
Joh 1:17 Torah was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Yeshua the Messiah.
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God; but the one and only God, in the Father’s embrace, has made Him known. (back to verse 10)

I don't read bold. You'd have to unbold it so I can read your comments.

Where does it say "jesus IS the creator."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Did you read my posts?

These verses have been repeated by trinitarians many many times. My point still stands with the prepositions and context in which all of these things are said.

The father did not die on the cross.... if the father (the creator) is jesus, he would have.

If the creator is jesus, why would he not die on the cross?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Him meaning the creator.

He being the creator.

That's christ not the creator

Is he pleased with himself?

This is what christ did not the creator. Jesus (according to scripture-I don't know him personally) wouldn't put himself aligned with the creator insofar he considers himself the creator himself.

Then the creator isn't christ

John1.12

Free gift
I am sorry, Barry, all I see in this thread is your cherry picking of Paul’s words that you imply ‘prove’ Jesus’ divinity, BUT, none from Jesus himself….. then again, I could have missed them. So, if you say you took what Jesus said of himself and what others (including Paul) said of him, then, perhaps, you can show me where in this thread did you quote Jesus’ words claiming divinity.
Jesus was not presenting him self like Godzilla, demanding everyone to realise He is God . His earthly programmatic ministry is to Israel ( Primarily) as to proof he was the one to come. You could literally spend all day typing all the prophecies he fillfilled , his titles, ' That Prophet ' , Messaih , Christ , The Word ' , Priest, King , Son of Man , Son of God , ect ect . What happens is objectors and sceptics with bias and agendas only look at the verses that demonstrate his ' humanity ' And they overlook the ones that prove his divinity . He comes in the flesh from Heaven as a baby . He has to become flesh and prove that he is come in the flesh. This is what the skeptics focus on . But to us ,this is proof he was the one to come . 'The lamb of God ' ect He came in the likeness of sinless but He raised himself from the dead . Aside from all the truck load of verses that clearly point to his Divinity he has to show his humanity also. Its both . But who can forgive sins but God, Who could say the things he said , but God. It would be blasphemy to say the things he said and not be God . Who can raise himself from the dead ,but God ?

John1.12

Free gift
Did you read my posts?

These verses have been repeated by trinitarians many many times. My point still stands with the prepositions and context in which all of these things are said.

The father did not die on the cross.... if the father (the creator) is jesus, he would have.

If the creator is jesus, why would he not die on the cross?
Its you that has a problem with reading comprehension. It says Jesus created ALL things .

Clara Tea

I want to explore the truth that Yhwh God told his favoured nation that they are to worship Him, YHWH, and YHWH alone.

Why? Because the Jews (called Israelites, at that time) were living among, in and around, other tribes and nations, who worshipped many Gods.

Yhwh instructed them that they were to have no other God bug him... that HE was to be their ONE GOD.

And to this day, Jews believe that GOD, YHWH, is their ONLY GOD.

I too, believe this. But there are many who misinterpret YHWH’s directive and confound his word. The WORD OF GOD has become adulterated.

Why is it so hard to believe the word of Jesus Christ:
  • “Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'" (Luke 4:8)
  • “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” (John 4:23)
Why is it difficult to to understand what yhwh said:
  • "You shall have no other gods before me.“ (Exodus 20:3)
  • “I am the YHWH, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God....”
And the apostles tell us:
  • “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;” ( 1 Cor 8:6)
  • One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Eph 4:6)
Please note, the thread is mainly about GOD being the ONLY GOD. And that because this ONE GOD is the creator, He us rightly called, ‘FATHER’ (which means: ‘Creator’, ‘Life Giver’, ‘He that brings forth’, and ‘the Head’ by ultimate context.)

If we are all God's children, why did God have a favored nation? Why not share knowledge of himself with the American Indians (as the Mormons suggest)? If God shared such knowledge with others, they might have another view of God that is equally valid. Perhaps, then, combining their view with ours would yield a more accurate view of God's wishes?

Jews were polytheists. If the Jews were right, there are many Gods. But, it appears that it angers the strongest God for Jews (or possibly people other than Jews) to worship these other Gods.

It is clear, from your quotes, that Jesus is not God, and only God may be worshiped.

If Jesus is the son of God, it makes sense to also worship him, but God seems to be jealous and demands that no other be worshiped.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Its you that has a problem with reading comprehension. It says Jesus created ALL things .

This doesn't help to turn to insults. If anything, it weakens your points. It isn't called for.

Where does it say "jesus IS the creator."

That phrase with the word IS...not by/with/in.

Please read my posts.

Prepositions are highly important in All the verses you quoted.

John1.12

Free gift
Him meaning the creator.

He being the creator.

That's christ not the creator

Is he pleased with himself?

This is what christ did not the creator. Jesus (according to scripture-I don't know him personally) wouldn't put himself aligned with the creator insofar he considers himself the creator himself.

Then the creator isn't christ
If you can't read these verses then how do you read anything?