• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YHWH: Worship ONE GOD, not MANY GODS. Worship Me, alone!

John1.12

Free gift
It doesn't.

Where does it directly say "Jesus is the creator?"

I know jesus says he is the Way To the creator but where does he mix that up with being the creator himself?
Col 1.15
12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15¶Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19¶For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Thats not what he said in John 14.6 . Anyone saying this has some front if he's not who he claimed to be .

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Key words here: Way and Through

Way is like a bridge from one thing (christian) to another (the creator)

Through is a preposition that dictates "moving in one side and out of the other side of (an opening, channel, or location)."

The Bridge isn't the creator
The channel isn't the creator.

So, where does it say directly that jesus is the creator?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Side note. Post the verse so I can look it up in a translation I'm familiar. KJV is not my best friend.

12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Not sure how this supports your point. Father is creator not the Way to him.

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The creator did this using his son as a tool or vehicle.

You don't say the spoon is the same as the soup. You use the spoon to eat the soup and replenish your hunger.

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

"Through" again.... this doesn't support your point. It just says he's the tool/way/intermediary ... where does it say he "is" the creator not a way to the creator.

15¶Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

If jesus was the image of god, god would be human.

When you look in the mirror, you see your reflection the same as your actual self looking at it. If god looked in the mirror and saw a human, he would not think that is his reflection. If jesus looked into the mirror and saw god (if one can see something invisible), he would not identify with it. Aka. "the father is greater than I."

The rest is all from the creator.

That doesn't mean he's the creator. It just means the intermediary was with his creator.

With-two people among each other

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Yes. But this is speaking of christ not his father

In-another prep. You can't pour water in a cup if the water is the cup.
You can't be the road and the destination at the same time

20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

"Through"

Again. Another intermediary phrase.

Where does it say christ says he "is" the creator?

John1.12

Free gift
Side note. Post the verse so I can look it up in a translation I'm familiar. KJV is not my best friend.

Not sure how this supports your point. Father is creator not the Way to him.

The creator did this using his son as a tool or vehicle.

You don't say the spoon is the same as the soup. You use the spoon to eat the soup and replenish your hunger.

"Through" again.... this doesn't support your point. It just says he's the tool/way/intermediary ... where does it say he "is" the creator not a way to the creator.

If jesus was the image of god, god would be human.

When you look in the mirror, you see your reflection the same as your actual self looking at it. If god looked in the mirror and saw a human, he would not think that is his reflection. If jesus looked into the mirror and saw god (if one can see something invisible), he would not identify with it. Aka. "the father is greater than I."

The rest is all from the creator.

That doesn't mean he's the creator. It just means the intermediary was with his creator.

With-two people among each other

Yes. But this is speaking of christ not his father

In-another prep. You can't pour water in a cup if the water is the cup.
You can't be the road and the destination at the same time

"Through"

Again. Another intermediary phrase.

Where does it say christ says he "is" the creator?
Col 1
16For by him were ALL THINGS CREATED THAT ARE IN HEAVEN , AND THAT IN EARTH, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM AND FOR HIM

17And HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS AND BY HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST .

That's pretty clear .

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Col 1
16For by him were ALL THINGS CREATED THAT ARE IN HEAVEN , AND THAT IN EARTH, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM AND FOR HIM

That's pretty clear .

Don't bold. I don't read bolded and/or red type because it messes with my eyes and its a huge red sign the conversation is becoming uncivilized.

John1.12

Free gift
Don't bold. I don't read bolded and/or red type because it messes with my eyes and its a huge red sign the conversation is becoming uncivilized.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

That's talking about the creator. Jesus is just the way...

Unless the bible is contradicting itself?

InChrist

Free4ever
Please can you all remember that this thread is concerning YHWH being the ONLY GOD of the Israelites / Jews.

I understand that there will be a strong pull towards chatting about trinity but if you can confine your responses to YHWH God being the ONLY GOD that we should worship then that would be fine. I’m sure there are plenty threads concerning trinity elsewhere.

Why, for instance, did YHWH need to tell the children of Israel that they were to worship Him and Him alone as their only God?

What does it mean that Jesus said:
  • Father, ... this means eternal life that they should believe IN YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD...’
What does it mean that the Apostle told his congregation that, though there are many who are called ‘Gods’ (Spiritual Rulers) and ‘Lords’ (Human Leaders) in the world, the congregations is to believe that:
  • ‘There is [only] one God; the Father, and [only] one Lord; Jesus Christ.’
We are not to worship any other called ‘God’ but YHWH, alone. This is the point or are the points, I set the thread to explore.
I think you mentioned the reason in your OP why YHWH had to tell the children of Israel to worship Him alone, when you said they were surrounded by pagan nations and tribes who worshipped multiple gods/idols.

Shakeel

And no one split God up into 2 or 3 at all.
God the Father is the creator, who has a Spirit, that can enter into God's creation such as when The Spirit of God hovered above the waters when God created everything.
And as John 1 describes, God also has a Word, what we understand as a "Mind", that also left the Father, became man, lived and diesd as one, and rturned back to the Father and the Spirit.

We are created in the immage of God, with a Mind and Spirit, but obviously we lost our eternal light body when Adam sinned, and we will die if either the spirit or our minds leaves our bodies.

Never have the Christian believed that the Trinity is 3 gods!
that is an interperetation which Non Christians like to claim is the religion of the Christian.

I am a Trinitarian believer, believing that Jesus and the Holy Ghost is IN the Father.
The Triune God has a body of light, therefore He has an existance
He has a Spirit, therefore He is alive.
He has a Mind, therefore he is intelligent.

Any other god is equal to an idol, and persons who changes this attributes of YHWH, is creating an Idol.

A god such as that is a god without an existance, who is dead, and stupid!
Triune God? You're contradicting yourself.

cataway

Col 1

That's pretty clear .
i like bold

JerryMyers

Christians who believe Jesus is God always made one, if not all, of these common responses in their efforts to justify their ‘Jesus is God’ belief :

1) they rarely quote the words of Jesus but instead they, more often than not, quote the words of others like Paul, the NT scribes, and so on…

2) If they do quote Jesus’ words, they either misinterpret, understood his words literally or they try to ‘tailor-fit’ their belief into Jesus’ words with conjectures

3) they make a lot of assumptions about what Jesus never said and they ignore what Jesus really did said.

Redemptionsong

I think your reading that wrong...... It's talking about God, not Jesus.... Jesus is not talking about himself.
Then why would Jesus say, Follow me? [John 10:27]. If Jesus did not do the works of God, then why would a disciple give up all to follow Jesus? Jesus did not say, l'll teach you about God, he said, Follow me!

Redemptionsong

From 2:9 we know that God raised the status of Jesus.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,"
God would not have exalted Christ to His throne in heaven if Christ was not the Spirit of God.

If you read lsaiah 45:21-23, you'll see that it says 'unto me every knee shall bow'. So who is this referring to if not God?

We Never Know

No Slack
I want to explore the truth that Yhwh God told his favoured nation that they are to worship Him, YHWH, and YHWH alone.

Why? Because the Jews (called Israelites, at that time) were living among, in and around, other tribes and nations, who worshipped many Gods.

Yhwh instructed them that they were to have no other God bug him... that HE was to be their ONE GOD.

And to this day, Jews believe that GOD, YHWH, is their ONLY GOD.

I too, believe this. But there are many who misinterpret YHWH’s directive and confound his word. The WORD OF GOD has become adulterated.

Why is it so hard to believe the word of Jesus Christ:
  • “Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'" (Luke 4:8)
  • “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” (John 4:23)
Why is it difficult to to understand what yhwh said:
  • "You shall have no other gods before me.“ (Exodus 20:3)
  • “I am the YHWH, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God....”
And the apostles tell us:
  • “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;” ( 1 Cor 8:6)
  • One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Eph 4:6)
Please note, the thread is mainly about GOD being the ONLY GOD. And that because this ONE GOD is the creator, He us rightly called, ‘FATHER’ (which means: ‘Creator’, ‘Life Giver’, ‘He that brings forth’, and ‘the Head’ by ultimate context.)

Which god is the right god?
How do you know?
How do you prove it?
Why would anyone think the god of others is better than their god?

John1.12

Free gift
That's talking about the creator. Jesus is just the way...

Unless the bible is contradicting itself?
Lol its literally saying its Jesus.. You may not believe the bible but its saying its Jesus. 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

SA Huguenot

Triune God? You're contradicting yourself.
Why?
Let me ask you this.
If the Spirit of God interacts with Creation when God created the Earth, is that Spirit God?
If the Word of God came to Earth and took the body of a Human, and after being killed, and rose from the dead, and ascended to heaven, is that "Word" God?
When the Glory of God was present in the Ark of covenant in the wilderness with Israel for 40 years, and entered the Temple built by Solomon, was that God?