• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another health issue...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Two weeks ago I was the chairman for the Safe Scouter Weekend at good ol' Camp LaNoChe. Unfortunately I was bitten by a rabid tick. OK, OK it wasn't as sexy as rabies, but it did pass along some variant of "Lyme disease". You might have noticed me on the board more the past 5 days or so. It's because I have been so achy that I cannot even think about leaving the house. Even my TEETH hurt!

I solicit your prayers and thoughts. I have started the antibiotics this afternoon, and hopefully one course will do the trick. It all depends how entrenched this parasite has become.

ayani

yikes, net doc

i got lyme disease a few years back. not fun. the arthritis is a killer, ennit?

you'll be in my prayers. oxycontin helps, if you can get ahold of some.

M

Majikthise

I had Lyme three years ago,it took 3 months till I was back to normal. It can imitate symptoms of Bell's Palsy. The left side of my jaw is still numb to this day.
Make sure you take those antibiotics:149: ! I can really sympathise, it sucks! I hope you feel better soon.:)

Dan

Well heck, if NetDoc's immune system is half as feisty as his posts in the debate forum, he'll have that parasite licked in no time!

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Pah

Uber all member
NetDoc said:
Hey Spinks... I like that! Feisty sounds SO much better than obstinate and cantankerous! :D
Obstinate and cantankerous might have killed the parasite. Damn, I hope you kick this thing soon!!!! (damn is a stronger Geez)

Bob

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I'm guessing that the tick is on life support, after ingesting some of NetDoc's blood. While I'm at it, I have to admit that I wasn't sure why the quiet had broken out on the boards the last few days, but I didn't want to rock the boat.

Take care, NetDoc - there are many reefs yet to be explored.

TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
NetDoc said:
... DNR was posted above it's bedside.
Not to worry, NetDoc - I have a call in right now to the good people at Fox News Network (home of the oxymoron)! We should be able to get Jeb Bush and Ralph Reed on the scene shortly. I know that with no head, the tick cannot be saved, but surely we can find a quack somewhere in this great nation that will claim they got some brain activity. Then, a few quick trips to the legislature, a phone call to Tom Delay, and about 50 lawsuits - voila!! - we'll have that tick right as rain in no time!!

TVOR

PS - of course, this means that Sean Hannity will have the ticks former spouse on TV tonight - villifying everything you've ever said or done...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Voice of Reason said:
I'm guessing that the tick is on life support, after ingesting some of NetDoc's blood. While I'm at it, I have to admit that I wasn't sure why the quiet had broken out on the boards the last few days, but I didn't want to rock the boat.

Take care, NetDoc - there are many reefs yet to be explored.

TVOR
I'm not sure you couldn't be accused of cruelty to animals, NetDoc !:jiggy: You look after yourself - by the way, a bit of medicinal alcohol often helps..........(Actually, if you're on anti-biotics maybe I shouldn't say that- although it has never stopped me from doing so!) Hurry back, we kneed your puns and humour; life on the forum seems a bit 'dry'.:)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I'm so sorry. Doc, I hope you get better soon. We do have some nasty bugs here don't we? Skeeters the size of pterydactals and now lime carring ticks.:eek: I'll be sure to check my kids and my dog more often.

lotzuvluv

Saw11_2000

Damn man, Lyme sucks! I had it a few years back. Doxycycline for a month? Did you get the rash? I was one of the 10% that got no rash....lol