• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet again, planing to move in to a van (sound familiar?)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not a van, but not actually smaller than one. I remember my grandfather's ice fishing house. He would have to cut a large rectangular hole in the ice since he went spear fishing. It was bit scary going into it. the only light came up from the hole in the ice. The house was over it and it was surrounded by snow around the outside to seal it and keep light out. He had a small stool that he would sit on and a large plane lure, no hooks. that would circle around as he slowly raised it up and let sink down It mimicked an injured fish. He would have his spear ready and when a large fish came to investigate he would just let go and gravity did the rest.

At any rate he had a small, teeny tiny stove that took sticks that were only three inches across at the most, and yet it would make that house too warm if one was not careful. A small shelter that is well insulted does not need much in the way of heat. This was in Northern Minnesota. It would get down to -30 F or -35 C almost every winter.

You should be able to heat your van if you plan wisely. Have fun.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thank you :)
I been doing research for about a year now about van life, and looked in to both negative and positive aspects of this form of lifestyle:) its not just happy days for sure.
I was trucking otr for years living in my truck so i know the pros and cons. Personally id be ok with it as a nomad , but the most important factor is you need a permanent income to make it work with minimal worries and concerns.

For poor incomes, it's a viable escape where a better quality life is possible with some savings to boot because your not handing your money to some landlord. My money is mine and not someone else's to give to as far as I'm concerned.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not a van, but not actually smaller than one. I remember my grandfather's ice fishing house. He would have to cut a large rectangular hole in the ice since he went spear fishing. It was bit scary going into it. the only light came up from the hole in the ice. The house was over it and it was surrounded by snow around the outside to seal it and keep light out. He had a small stool that he would sit on and a large plane lure, no hooks. that would circle around as he slowly raised it up and let sink down It mimicked an injured fish. He would have his spear ready and when a large fish came to investigate he would just let go and gravity did the rest.

At any rate he had a small, teeny tiny stove that took sticks that were only three inches across at the most, and yet it would make that house too warm if one was not careful. A small shelter that is well insulted does not need much in the way of heat. This was in Northern Minnesota. It would get down to -30 F or -35 C almost every winter.

You should be able to heat your van if you plan wisely. Have fun.
Yup, I am looking in to different ways of heating the van :) trying to be as ptepsred before I buy the van :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I was trucking otr for years living in my truck so i know the pros and cons. Personally id be ok with it as a nomad , but the most important factor is you need a permanent income to make it work with minimal worries and concerns.

For poor incomes, it's a viable escape where a better quality life is possible with some savings to boot.
My art will be the main income:) thats why my van will be called Artsy van