• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yesterday I was asked what kind of questions i keep asking my self. And here are some of them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sorry, i do not understand the math/science part of your answer...
But yes Allah is far beyond human beings on earth, but in the same time i believe Allah also exist within each one of us. (one must just realize how to open the wisdom to see it)

I wonder if that is why you haven't found the answers. If Allah is in you, then wouldn't that be like trying to find out who Allah is even though he's far beyond human beings?

Hmm. Here's another insight.

If Allah is a "part" of you, then that part will always "be" the missing link. It's easier to find out about yourself throughout your life, but since that missing link is a mystery (which Allah is), to find it you'd probably find out who Allah is. Since that's impossible for you, maybe you'll find one day its a foregone conclusion.

Who knows, right.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thanks. I'm sure you can sum up all the questions into their own groups so they won't be every which a place. There you can find a common denominator(s) instead of trying to find answers to each one.

Hmm. Let me ask. If you find out your answers/experiences are not aligned with the written teachings, which would be the criteria of knowing whether the other is right or wrong?

For example, a lot of christians have experiences but they see if their experiences align with scripture. If it doesn't, they either dismiss it, put it aside, or feel it is from an evil or opposing force (flesh/ego/so have you) that is testing them and pulling them from god. Without scripture, they can have questions and experiences but don't know where to place them.

I think it takes more work if you don't have a structure to go by. It would also be more confusing, in my opinion. However, I think it's worth the trouble. You're not Adam. You're not Muhammad. You're not John Smoe. We all have our own experiences.

Just which one should be the criteria to judge whether the other is true.
That's probably the question-that, or just use scripture as commentary or insight and that's it.

That, in my opinion, you'd just gotta accept. We can't go back in time to know what every person is thinking. Maybe trying to "understanding" is ego? (Remember. No path. Silence)

I know. Doesn't help. I think you're fighting to tell the difference between the two.

Exactly! My point in a nutshell.

This could be the test?
I have had personal experiences that i have not found in the scripture, but i do not see them as right or wrong :) I see them as a part of the learning, the understanding or the curiousity in life.
Have experiences what is in islam called Jinn? yes i believe so and it is unpleasant and could lead me astray. I do not think it has lead me astray. but yes tested me for sure.
I do not dismiss experiences, but try to understand hat they mean to me or my life.

There is a form of structure within sufism, but less dogmatic as other religious practices. Yes the teaching is there, but it can only lead me so far, what i experiences in my life as a sufi does not need to be exactly the same as anyone else, because it is mean to highten my senses, and others would need other aspects to highten their senses.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I wonder if that is why you haven't found the answers. If Allah is in you, then wouldn't that be like trying to find out who Allah is even though he's far beyond human beings?

Hmm. Here's another insight.

If Allah is a "part" of you, then that part will always "be" the missing link. It's easier to find out about yourself throughout your life, but since that missing link is a mystery (which Allah is), to find it you'd probably find out who Allah is. Since that's impossible for you, maybe you'll find one day its a foregone conclusion.

Who knows, right.
This is a very good question that i have no answer to now :) But i do realize the more i delve in to this part of me from within, the better i understand that i have realized very little :)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
~~ To me Personally: That would seem very hard to look with-in ourselves to find answers, about spiritual things because as humans we are made of just a body and soul. We only know so much, and our wisdom goes only so far.
If we are not separate from the Divine, then the Divine exists within us. There is no limit to the Divine. If we release all we are into the Divine, then that Wisdom comes from that Wellspring of being itself.

If we are silent, and don't try to figure it out with our thinking and reasoning intellectual mind, but instead let it wash over us like letting the waves of the Ocean carry us, that is where Knowledge comes to us. We just make ourselves open. The key is to get out of the way, and simply allow it.

That is what the inner path is. Not intellectual, but beingness. Simply being. Complete surrender into the Divine, which gives us our existence and upholds us in every moment.

If there is any effort, it is in letting go and making no effort.