• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yajurveda 15:13 “learn that part of the Veda which deals with the Unity of God” ONENESS Of G-d

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yajurveda 15:13 “learn that part of the Veda which deals with the Unity of God” ONENESS Of G-d

CHAPTER XXX

2. Let us adore the supremacy of that divine God, the Creator of
the universe, Self-illumined, and Sublime. We invoke Him to direct
our understanding aright.
3. O God, full of noble attributes, actions and nature, send far
away all vices and calamities, and grant us virtues.
4. We praise God, the Procurer of comforts, the Distributor of
wondrous wealth, the Creator, and the Seer of men.

https://archive.org/stream/yajurveda029670mbp/yajurveda029670mbp_djvu.txt

Regards

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Finally got White (Shukla) YajurVeda, Vajsaneyi recension (Shakha), the text that is discussed here. :D

Yajuh.jpg

It is not just the matter of YajurVeda. It is also about the translation that you have selected which is not reliable. However, there is not much difference in the two translations of the text being discussed here. The first portion is quite similar to the 'Gayatri Mantra', although in a different words. But again, accepting what is written is a person's choice,. Griffith here:

2 May we attain that excellent glory of Savitar the God:
So may he stimulate our prayers.
3 Savitar, God, send far away all troubles and calamities,
And send us only what is good.
4 We call on him distributer of wondrous bounty and of wealth,
On Savitar who looks on men.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

CHAPTER XXX

2. Let us adore the supremacy of that divine God, the Creator of
the universe, Self-illumined, and Sublime. We invoke Him to direct
our understanding aright.
3. O God, full of noble attributes, actions and nature, send far
away all vices and calamities, and grant us virtues.
4. We praise God, the Procurer of comforts, the Distributor of
wondrous wealth, the Creator, and the Seer of men.

Regards

'Creator' is always a poor translation term for the concept of God in Hinduism. But what can be expected? Emanater, extender, expander ... all these would be better.

Many 'translations' use words that were used by previous translators, so the incorrectness sticks around.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
anybody who believes in Yajurveda as a revealed scripture

No one believes that. Why do you cling to it and try to force the issue when you've been told over and over the Vedas are not revealed? What are we not explaining clearly?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
One has read it, and one is dumbfounded at the discontinuity of thought.

"So that would be like what in English?" It would be like, this subject has taken a header and sustained a severe concussion.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Finally got White (Shukla) YajurVeda, Vajsaneyi recension (Shakha), the text that is discussed here. :D
View attachment 14012
It is not just the matter of YajurVeda. It is also about the translation that you have selected which is not reliable. However, there is not much difference in the two translations of the text being discussed here. The first portion is quite similar to the 'Gayatri Mantra', although in a different words. But again, accepting what is written is a person's choice,. Griffith here:
2 May we attain that excellent glory of Savitar the God:
So may he stimulate our prayers.
3 Savitar, God, send far away all troubles and calamities,
And send us only what is good.
4 We call on him distributer of wondrous bounty and of wealth,
On Savitar who looks on men.
Likewise I exhort everybody who has any attachment with Veda to present their own favorite translation as also the original Sanskrit text to ascertain the Truth. Please
Regards

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"The creator of the world" is an insert by Devi Chand from his side. It is neither in the original Sanskrit text nor in Griffith's translation.

Yes, people consider Vedas to be divine word, but not all Hindus, even though they respect them as their scripture. Same for BhagawadGita. These books have wise advice which Hindus try to follow. Now see, I am an atheist Hindu but have the greatest respect of both of them.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Likewise I exhort everybody who has any attachment with Veda to present their own favorite translation as also the original Sanskrit text to ascertain the Truth. Please
Regards
How will this 'ascertain the truth' exactly? You think reading 20 translations of a book will bring you the truth? What is the truth, in your opinion?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"The creator of the world" is an insert by Devi Chand from his side. It is neither in the original Sanskrit text nor in Griffith's translation.

Yes, people consider Vedas to be divine word, but not all Hindus, even though they respect them as their scripture. Same for BhagawadGita. These books have wise advice which Hindus try to follow. Now see, I am an atheist Hindu but have the greatest respect of both of them.
Thanks for leaving room for the believers in Veda.
The Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism/Humanism, weak or strong, they hold that respect must be earned. How does Yajurveda earn respect from strong Atheism? Please
Why not Torah?Please
Regards

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Same about Quran and Bible. I am an atheist and none of these books have given me a solid reason to believe in existence of the One God or many.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thanks for leaving room for the believers in Veda.
The Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism/Humanism, weak or strong, they hold that respect must be earned. How does Yajurveda earn respect from strong Atheism? Please
Why not Torah?Please
Regards
As a Hindu I must do that. .. I have neither studied YajurVeda nor Torah thoroughly. I certainly am not impressed by what I have read.
So, you don't agree with the Atheism people that respect has to be earned. You respect every human being. It is good.
Regards

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There are two levels of truth, Paarsurrey.
1. All things are made up of physical energy, whether it is a stone or a human. All things at their base are the same. I accept that. If we chemically analyse Caliph Ibrahim and myself, we are same, composed of Ocygen, Hydrogen, Carbon, Calcium, and other atoms.
2. That does not mean that I respect Caliph Ibrahim. He is one whom I hate. He has brought much misery upon his people and others. Respect requires further qualifications.
I do not know if you will be able to understand this difference.

A good painting as well as a bad painting can be made from the same colors. A good building or a bad building can be made from the same bricks.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Please enjoy reading about ONE-God in Veda.
Yajurveda CHAPTER XXXVI

18. O God, the Dispeller of ignorance and darkness, strengthen,
me, May all beings regard me with the eye of a friend. May I regard all
beings with the eye of a friend. With the eye of a friend do we regard
one another.
19. Do O God, the Preventer of mental delusion, strengthen me.
Long may I live to look on Thee. Long may I live to look on Thee.
20. Obeisance to God, the Queller of sins, the Source of light.
Obeisance to God worthy of adoration. May thy punishments torment
others. Be thou Purifier, and propitious unto us.
21. Homage to Thee God pervading like lightning, Homage to Thee
God, the Inspirer of awa for the sinners. Homage, O Bounteous Lord to
thee, as Thou desirest to give us happiness.
22. O God, from whatsoever place, Thou desirest, give us freedom
from fear thence. Give to our people and our beasts happiness and
fearlessness.
23. O God, let waters and plants be friendly to us; unfriendly to him
who hates us, and whom we hate.
24. O God, Thou art the well-wisher of the learned. Immaculate,
the Exhibitor of every thing like the eye, the Eternal knower of every
thing. Through Thy kindness may we see for a hundred years; may we
live for a hundred years; may we listen for a hundred years to vedic lore;
may we preach the vedas for a hundred years; may we live content inde-
pendently for a hundred years; yea, even beyond a hundred years, see, live,
hear, preach and be not dependent.

One must have enjoyed. Right? Please
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
And yet, you have no evidences to support this belief of yours. All you have, is the Exodus, which itself, was written by man, and it wasn't even written by Moses.

I know what I wrote and that Moses witnessed it. What more do you want?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How will this 'ascertain the truth' exactly? You think reading 20 translations of a book will bring you the truth? What is the truth, in your opinion?
I just suggested the alternative. I quote from the Veda/Yajurveda that is available online, if others disagree with this translation they could prove their viewpoint by quoting from a translation of their liking. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Please enjoy reading about ONE-God in Veda.
Yajurveda CHAPTER XXXI

18. I know this Mighty, Perfect God. who is Refulgent like the Sun
and free from ignorance
He Only who knows Him feels not the pangs of death. For salva-
tion there is no other path save this.
19. God, the protector of men, pervades the soul in the womb and
cthe hearts of all. Being unborn, He manifests himself in various ways.
Yogis alone realise His true nature. In Him stand all existing worlds.
20. The sun gives light and heat to the useful objects like the
Earth; stands first and foremost in the centre for the good of all heavenly
bodies, is born ere the Earth etc. and being the creation of Gracious God
gives us food.
21. The learned persons in the beginning, making thee a lovable
devotee of God, preach the eternity of God, Soul and Matter. The
Brahmana who thus knows the nature of God, shall have learned persons in
his control.
22. Grandeur and Fortune are Thy two wives :, Thy sides are Day
and Night. Constellations are Thy form : the Aswins are Thy open
Mouth. Imploring grant salvation unto me, grant me all sorts of knowledge
and pleasures.

One must have enjoyed it. Right? Please
It also endorses "God is Great" and as such refutes the title of Christopher Hitchens book "God is not Great". Right? Please

Regards