• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

River Sea

A pharaoh drowned. How come?
How come the pharaoh didn't know how to swim?
Mud volcano caused what further northeast that caused the Pharaoh to drown? Is that why the Pharaoh couldn't swim because of too much mud???
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala What would you do if you were the Pharaoh—go chase them or stay home?
@firedragon Do you like or dislike Prophet Musa, and how come?
@firedragon If you were a pharaoh, would you demand people gather straw, or would you be content with what they're doing, so there's no need to gather straw?

firedragon

Veteran Member
@firedragon Do you like or dislike Prophet Musa, and how come?
@firedragon If you were a pharaoh, would you demand people gather straw, or would you be content with what they're doing, so there's no need to gather straw?
I didn't say anything about liking or disliking moosa. This is a strawman.

I didn't say anything about the pharaoh and this statement you are making. This is another strawman.

Do you have a particular argument you wish to make and are trying to push people to that caricature of yours? That's the definition of a strawman.

firedragon

Veteran Member
East is exodus from india. I wrote quite clearly.
The thing is, you are turning the east of anything into the "east" in the colonial era. Mate. This is the Qur'an, written in Arabia in the 7th century, not a post colonial book that refers to India as the east.

That's what happens when you try to squeeze Cinderella's sisters fat feet into her glass shoe. It will not fit. You claiming to be such a scholarly author whom I thought you really were a year or two ago have proven yourself to be absolutely bias and imposing meaning to a text that does not have what it means. And your anachronism is so vivid no scholar would do it.

This is not the British Raj. This is the 7th century. And you are referring to a story about Moses stemming from thousands of years ago. They didn't call India "The East". Study a bit more. Study about Maghribasshamsi.

River Sea

The thing is, you are turning the east of anything into the "east" in the colonial era. Mate. This is the Qur'an, written in Arabia in the 7th century, not a post colonial book that refers to India as the east.

That's what happens when you try to squeeze Cinderella's sisters fat feet into her glass shoe. It will not fit. You claiming to be such a scholarly author whom I thought you really were a year or two ago have proven yourself to be absolutely bias and imposing meaning to a text that does not have what it means. And your anachronism is so vivid no scholar would do it.

This is not the British Raj. This is the 7th century. And you are referring to a story about Moses stemming from thousands of years ago. They didn't call India "The East". Study a bit more. Study about Maghribasshamsi.

@Tamino Here's the sun as I was studying about Maghribasshamsi. Maghribasshamsi means setting period of the sun

"Mathlial Shamsi". Which means "The rising period of the sun". And "Maghribasshamsi" which means the "the setting period of the sun

Study about Maghribasshamsi.

To Study about setting period of the sun

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

I think I will rest here. I was hoping for a discussion on quran 28.45. bye

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think I will rest here. I was hoping for a discussion on quran 28.45. bye
Ciao.

India was not "east" like modern day in the time of Moses. you cannot face that because you know that you can never in your life reconcile that fact. This is not the British raj, it's ancient times. You can never escape your anachronism fallacy, so that's why you completely avoided it and did some escape strategy. Unbelievable.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Moses in the east in Indus valley. I feel though that you are not really interested otherwise you would have noted this. Pl know I am not into adversarial discussion.
Moses was never in the Indus Valley.

Sometimes my alert system directs me to random posts. I think the software for some reason thinks these are interesting for me, but I've never been able to figure out what its criteria are.

If you don't care to argue, I'm fine with that. If I see a big error, I do correct, but it doesn't really mean I want an argument either.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Ciao.

India was not "east" like modern day in the time of Moses. you cannot face that because you know that you can never in your life reconcile that fact. This is not the British raj, it's ancient times. You can never escape your anachronism fallacy, so that's why you completely avoided it and did some escape strategy. Unbelie
Correct my interpretation of 28.45.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Correct my interpretation of 28.45.
Mate. Don't bring red herrings.

I can repeat for the umpteenth time. East or West did not mean a global west or east like India and America in the time of Moses. So again, for the umpteenth time you are absolutely and deliberately ignoring that fact.

Don't worry. I can cut and paste the same statement over and over again. But obviously you will ignore that blatant fact because you are thinking from the post colonial understanding of east and west. So does your friend and colleague here who was promoting you and your book some years ago in this very forum.

Let me repeat. East or West did not mean a global west or east like India and America in the time of Moses.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Why? What is your basis?
Again, this global east and west like "America and India" only appeared in the colonial period.

Dont worry. I can say that 20 times and you could obviously keep pretending you didn't understand it.

So you see. "THIS IS THE BASIS".

If you want to read some actual academic work I can give you. Just ask.

Cheers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Book of esther tells of hodu. What about Alexander. Yes, America's were not known. But the africa Eurasia were well known. Do share academic papers.
I will share academic books. No problem. BUT

now you have have named two things.

1. Esther
2. Alexander

Quote me their original works where they called these two worlds as "West and East" as in global geopolitical demarcations like you are doing your best to present today.