• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

firedragon

Veteran Member
I've been reading
Common Prophets
Of the Jews, Christians, Muslims
and Hindus
By Bharat Jhunjhunwala

I hope that helps understanding where my questions are coming from.
I'll see if I can find it in the Torah too., I'm still seeking to understand what are all the reasons why Ptolemy is so involved in the Torah for.. What causes these interests?

On what basis do you keep claiming Ptolemy was involved in the Torah at all? What's your source?

See, when someone asks for a source here, quote primary sources. What's the source that Dr. Bharat quote in his book? Is there a source? Are they just assertions?

You can't just make such facade claims over and over again without sources. It's gonna be dismissed like a fly on an ox tail.

River Sea

Jews and yadavs - is there any historical connection? - Quora

Yadavs, according to this quora article, are from India. The article also makes the ridiculous claim that Jesus and Moses were Indian (yet, there is clear evidence that they were Jewish).

Jews Descendants of Yadavas Star of David Tantric Symbol Noah Manu

The link above shows more info about the yadavs.

Jews were slaves under Egyptian rule, but, apparently, pyramids were built by Egyptian shop owners and craftsmen. It was a privilege to be chosen to build them.

Noah or Vaivaswat Manu (I think Manu means fish)
The Meena Community believes it has descended from this Manu.
Place Jalore India (The Flood-prone Area of Jalore)

Hindu name
Ketumala, Veer
Matsya, Dravid Country

River Sea

On what basis do you keep claiming Ptolemy was involved in the Torah at all? What's your source?

See, when someone asks for a source here, quote primary sources. What's the source that Dr. Bharat quote in his book? Is there a source? Are they just assertions?

You can't just make such facade claims over and over again without sources. It's gonna be dismissed like a fly on an ox tail.

From book common prophets by @Bharat Jhunjhunwala if ok to share

Ptolemy, the Greek ruler of Egypt, commissioned seventy
priests in the third century BCE to translate the Hebrew Bible
into Greek.
700 The priests, it appears, felt it necessary to identify
the locations of the places mentioned in the narratives. The
question of where to locate these arose. Where was Mitsrayim?
Where was Goshen? The seventy priests probably did not
consider the possibility of the location of these places in the
Indus Valley
as the memory of their origins there could have
been lost by this time. They re-identified these places in the
West Asian context in which they lived. Thus Mitsrayim was
relocated at Egypt at this time

You are Islam can you share about Allah light., I would love to hear

I express Allah light and feed from Allah light who lives in me

I'm also seeking to understand more about Ptolemy, as I'm confused why Greek ruler in northern Africa Modern name Egypt that I think there wasn't any vowels at that time Ptolemy ruled, or was there at that time? Either KMT or Kemet, then right?

I love learning, I love archeology as when finding possibility evidence, but I'm observing how its a challenge to share?

Oh did you know the findings of Mount Sinai is in southeast Iran., Taftan Volcano

Is there anywhere in the Quran showing volcano?

Egypt build with stone no need for straw

India bake bricks using straw

Archeologist will want to find where make bricks using straw, if find possibilities would like to share

I'm still learning about Ptolemy, a ruler., what were rulers like back when?

I do claim Torah for all. Quran for all., Bible for all., all books for all., freedom of speech and freedom to learn and read

Freedom to disagree and agree

No complaints of anyone disagreeing., that's freedom to do so.,

But do you recall light in the Quran., that light in all of us.,

Now I need to re-find that verse in Exodus for Mount Sinai from Iran Taftan volcano. Showing volcano. I had that verse. I'll find it.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala I hope ok for me to share directly from your book as many kept asking me where am I learning all of this and I learn from you, is this ok for me to share., I know I'm over doing this sharing but this thread info gets tuck away further up. I am enjoying this I really am. Everyone please know I am enjoying this thread ok., I'm human just like you all are and I'm learning. You (as in reference as Bharat) have lots of resources, I don't., a matter a fact I have to re-find looking at Exodus that verse that I had saved before but now i can't find., your (as in reference as Bharat) so much better at this and so organized. I find religion and archeologist people who's great at writing., I'm realizing I have a long ways to go

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
From book common prophets by @Bharat Jhunjhunwala if ok to share

I know you are trying to sell this book.

That's not what I asked. Direct sources, not some book you are trying to sell here. Which source does that book refer to in ancient history recording the times of Ptolemy? Whats the dating? How is it dated?

Please try not to pretend you didn't understand the question and share the book trying to sell it again. Try and answer the question because let me tell you that I will never buy the book because you have relentlessly tried to sell it its demarcating, not marketing. You can't sell that way. Create value and respect, and it will sell on it's own.

River Sea

Exodus from Indus Valley India travel to Canaan Yisrael
Mount Sinai Taftan volcano in Iran
I hope this help with information.
Bake bricks using straw. India all over the place bake bricks using straw
flood in Jalore India

River Sea

I know you are trying to sell this book.

That's not what I asked. Direct sources, not some book you are trying to sell here. Which source does that book refer to in ancient history recording the times of Ptolemy? Whats the dating? How is it dated?

Please try not to pretend you didn't understand the question and share the book trying to sell it again. Try and answer the question because let me tell you that I will never buy the book because you have relentlessly tried to sell it its demarcating, not marketing. You can't sell that way. Create value and respect, and it will sell on it's own.

No I'm not trying to sell a book, many kept asking me where do I get souses. so I told.
I hope I'm not blamed for telling.
Next time should I not tell?

River Sea

I'm ask by many where do you get your souses, where is the evidence., I read a book. also I read old testament too.,
I was flooded over and over where where where?
I even was asked to quote from book info.
I offer answer, now I'm told I'm trying to sell book
I'm realizing I don't know how to navigate with humans,
humans ask me questions I answer
I'm doing the best I can.
I'm realizing I don't know how to navigate with humans. How do you navigate with humans how?

firedragon

Veteran Member
No I'm not trying to sell a book, many kept asking me where do I get souses. so I told.
I hope I'm not blamed for telling.
Next time should I not tell?

Next time, read the post, and answer what they ask. I will say this again for the third time. K?

Which source does that book refer to in ancient history recording the times of Ptolemy? Whats the dating? How is it dated?

River Sea

Next time, read the post, and answer what they ask. I will say this again for the third time. K?

Which source does that book refer to in ancient history recording the times of Ptolemy? Whats the dating? How is it dated?

the date is: third century BCE Ptolemy Philadelphus (285-247 B.C.

Further info about me: Ok thank you so much for your understanding that I really don't want to sell anything., I extremely appreciate your kindness.

Ok from me - I read one book. I hadn't read tons of books.

wait, now I understand why it said 700 in book, it was referring to this area of book 700: to find this
“The name Septuagint “derives from the tradition that it was made by
seventy (or seventy-two) Jewish scholars at Alexandria, Egypt during the
reign of Ptolemy Philadelphus (285-247 B.C.)” (The Septuagint (LXX),
www.ecclesia.org/truth/septuagint.html, Retrieved September 8, 2015.)

confusing, in book says 70 - 72 priests. the 700 was reference to that. Perhaps can click on and it takes one there.

When I copy paste to show., it also shown 700 but that's a reference to other areas to further study

But there it says (285-247 B.C.)

I hope this helps and no I hadn't gone to www.ecclesia.org/truth/septuagint.html, Retrieved September 8, 2015. to find out more

I'm so glad you understand thank you.

I hope the date helps

firedragon

Veteran Member

Every one knows the date. I didnt ask for the "date".

Let me repeat the question.

Below, I will explain the three things I asked because you don't seem understand it.

1. Source: A book written close to the incident in 285 - 247 that says ptolemy got 70 translators to translate the Tanakh into Greek.
2. What's the dating: When is this book that records point number 1 dated to? When was it written? Is it 2000 years ago?
3. How is it dated: Means what is the dating methodology? Is it carbon 14 dating? Or is it palaeographical dating?

Hope now you can understand the questions.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Ptolemy added the word Egypt to the Torah? Did Ptolemy call it mtsrayim?

From what historical sources are you making this assertion? Please advice.
The LXX uses the word Mitsrayim. It does not say it is located in modern egypt. Its location has to be found by looking at other evidences.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I have a feeling the author himself is here. I am surprised really. @Jayhawker Soule This might be of surprise to you. He was a Phd in either economics or finance. I could be wrong on that, but definitely one of those two or related.

I know for a fact that there were scholars and authors of published scholarly books in this forum. But they never ever promoted themselves or their own books. No good scholar will do that. Just like another person in this forum right now who is promoting his publications on so called "super mathematics" with a scam publisher, very well known to be a scammer who publishes anything given by any tom, dick or harry. I mean, he is doing it right now in this very forum.

I apologise for thinking like this but for two people, possibly along with the author himself to promote his book here seems sinister. I don't wish to think like this, but sorry I cannot help it. That's why the links are to Amazon.

Dr. @Bharat Jhunjhunwala. I am sorry to offend you but you should provide information of your research to enlighten people, and tell your friend here not to give Amazon links over and over again to promote it. It is not good for your respect. I can tell you that the Jews here are highly educated in their theology and history. So don't take them lightly. You could actually have good dialogue and have knowledge sharing.
Thank u for yr comment. I take Jews and others seriously. I am happy to post more researched work here as the occasion arises. Pl do post a question and let us continue the dialogue. Thx.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I need help in this area, as I'm still looking at all the areas of Mitsrayim on the map., still a project I'm involved in.
Oh, then possibly the sea that Moshe crossed must have really been River Indus.
I notice that your world is upside down, or perhaps mine is.

th_earth.jpg
th_earth.jpg
Also can include Yadavas too. Carry the M-124 gene
Historum does not like discussion on DNA.
During Exodus era Hebrews did end up at Canaan Yisrael., They started at Indus valley India.
That is the story in Bhagwat Purana. Yayati, the elder son of King Nahusha became a 'Yavana' (Ionian? or moved West) after Nahusha gave his kingdom to the youngest son, Puru. So perhaps, Israelites are of Indian descent.
What historical evidence is there this hypothesis?
The question of proof comes later only. A hypothesis does not need any proof.
I'm realizing I don't know how to navigate with humans,
humans ask me questions I answer
I'm doing the best I can.
I'm realizing I don't know how to navigate with humans. How do you navigate with humans how?
Another twist. You are trying to communicate with humans, and do not know how to do that. Who are you, a Martian?

OK, we had a lot of fun with your and Dr. Bharat Jhunjhunwala's hypothesis.

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
The book seems to conflate the persons of the Torah with persons in Hinduism. This is just whack at face value. Abraham moved to Canaan, a territory in the Levant. That's nowhere even near the Indus Valley.
I appreciate the sense of disbelief expressed by you about the possibility of Biblical Patriarchs being from the Indus Valley. I published a paper in the Journal of Indo-Judaic Studies editor Nathan Katz Professor Emeritus of Florida International University. I have shown that five persons of the Bible (Adam, Cain, Noah, Abraham and Moses) have their mirror persons in the Hindu tradition. I have attached the paper. Happy to hear critically from you.

Attachments

• 201120 jijs 5 pers published.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
What is your source document for the LLX, that ptolemy in the 3rd century BC got the so called 70 to do the translation? What's the direct source, what's the dating of this document, and what's the darting methodology?

Thanks in advance.
Bible Hub gives the following rendering of Gen 12:10:
to Egypt מִצְרַ֙יְמָה֙
(mitz·ray·mah) 4714. Pray, please provide links to any translation other than Mitsrayim. Also, importance of this is that the Open Bible places birth of Abraham at 2090 BCE. The name "Misr" for modern Egypt is attested only after c. 1300 BCE.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
That is the story in Bhagwat Purana. Yayati, the elder son of King Nahusha became a 'Yavana' (Ionian? or moved West) after Nahusha gave his kingdom to the youngest son, Puru. So perhaps, Israelites are of Indian descent.
There is another story in Mausala Parva. When Arjuna visited Vasudeva after the Yadavas killed each other, Vasudeva said, "Krishna has left for an unknown country."

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Dr. @Bharat Jhunjhunwala. I am sorry to offend you but you should provide information of your research to enlighten people, and tell your friend here not to give Amazon links over and over again to promote it. It is not good for your respect. I can tell you that the Jews here are highly educated in their theology and history. So don't take them lightly. You could actually have good dialogue and have knowledge sharing.
Welcome. I already posted a paper published in Journal of Indo-Judaic studies in repsonse to Indigochild... I am attaching another paper giving more geographic info. I presented this at the Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, India. Critical comments most welcome.

Attachments

• 181007 ubs common prophets.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 0