• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xeper(Kheper)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Xeper(Kheper) is a word from Ancient Egypt meaning "to come into being, to change, to occur, to happen, to exist, to bring about, to create, etc". This is the main saying of and teaching of Set, and used be the Temple of Set themselves. To obtain Xeper is to "enlightened individualism"(has the ToS use it for). Though I am still learning myself about Xeper I do not know much, I will give you all links so you my read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kheper
http://www.xeper.org/pub/lib/lib_xeper.htm
http://www.aztriad.com/kheper.html

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I am not a follower of the Left-hand Path (though I must admit I am pretty close with their ideologies), but I think the principle of Xeper is relevant to everyone. Nietzsche called this process "self-overcoming." Everyone should be in the process of improving themselves, whether they be Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic etc.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I am not a follower of the Left-hand Path (though I must admit I am pretty close with their ideologies), but I think the principle of Xeper is relevant to everyone. Nietzsche called this process "self-overcoming." Everyone should be in the process of improving themselves, whether they be Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic etc.

True any one can achieved Xeper. It goes be many names. Even the Temple of Set says anyone can achieve it. It's just what there teaching are based on.

You that with as much as I talk about the ToS that I a member.........soon.

Ðanisty

It sounds like a metamorphosis...the way a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Is Setianism strongly based on change itself? I can see why you call yourself a chaos magickian.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Ðanisty;891904 said:
It sounds like a metamorphosis...the way a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Is Setianism strongly based on change itself? I can see why you call yourself a chaos magickian.

At lest the type pf Setianism I follow is, though I'm still reading the ToS site and links(there's a lot). But I would guess yes for them too, though don't my word on it(hehe). It's to become what you truly are, weather it be in this physical life or for your TrueSelf.
And I never really thought about the, being a Setian and Chaos Magickian......hehe.

azlemming9

i really desire to join the temple of set when it is november 2008 i will write a letter to the temple asking to join my name is phillip fredrick-clemente schneeman please let me join email me as soon as possible about it setians at [email protected] p.s my birthday is in november i live in az but i am moving to san fran sooon

ViaSinistra

May i help you explain "Xeper" in greater detail my friend? Well Xeper (pronounced Khefer), an English language coinage expressing an Egyptian verb written as a stylized scarab and meaning "I Have Come Into Being." This Word generates the Aeon of Set, and is the current form of the Eternal Word of the Prince of Darkness. To Know this Word is to know that the ultimate responsibility for the evolution of your psyche is in your hands. It is the Word of freedom, ecstasy, fearful responsibility, and the root of all Magic.
An Aeon is a world. As human beings we are familiar with many "worlds." We can talk about the "world of Thomas Jefferson" or the "world of Newton." Magical worlds are created by Words—by the verbal power of mankind to express a divine principle—which through the effect of that Utterance on the objective universe brings about the creation of the world. The Word serves as a gateway for the mind seeking to enter the world it defines, and the effect of an Utterance of a Word will cause many worlds to be reconfigured in order to Hear it. The Aeon of Set is Created by the Word "Xeper." Xeper is an Egyptian verb meaning "I Have Come Into Being." Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions. Xeper has been experienced by anyone who has decided to seek after his or her own development.
Awareness of Xeper usually begins with a moment of rebellion against the spiritual status quo. In this sense Xeper is a "Satanic" word, and the condition that led to its re-emergence on this Earth began in the Working called the Church of Satan. Its properties transcend and are in some ways opposed to that matrix. It is the nature of Self-Creation that it continually Re-creates its matrix in the objective universe so that the subjective universe can evolve and expand. To experience that moment of Xeper, of emergent self-divinity one must Love two things with all of one's heart. The first of these is Freedom, because only in Freedom can one take the steps (if initially only mentally) that create and limit the Self. The second thing one must Love is Knowledge. This isn't the same thing as information; this a transformative Understanding of those things within us and beyond us that determine who we are.
The symbols of Xeper are the scarab beetle and the dawning sun. The beetle is symbolic of self trust and hard work. The beetle goes through very different stages from egg to larva to pupa to beetle. Each stage has its own Work, a particular way of gathering energy and materials, particular ways of transforming them. It senses its own evolution and works toward it—even though the momentum of that evolution will change its shape radically—taking it at the appropriate time into unknown worlds and new modes of Being. The dawn is symbolic of the way the world is perceived. Unlike the followers of conventional religion who posses guidebooks that explain the world away, the Seeker after Xeper is looking for an intensification of his or her own Being so that the world may be made intelligible in his or her own light. In this darkling universe there are no lights save for those you create through your hard work, your spiritual rebellion, your seeking after the mysteries of your own choosing. When that light dawns, it will by its very nature not only give you moments of clarity about the things in your life closest to you, it will likewise show you new horizons—horizons for you and you alone to explore. This Secret was known symbolically to the Egyptians—they identified their god Xepera, the Self-Created One with Hrumachis, the god of the Horizon. This Secret was also known (at a divine level) by Aleister Crowley, who predicted that the Aeon of Hrumachis would surpass his own.
Set, the Egyptian god of Darkness, is the Divine origin of the Word. Set's name ultimately means the "Separator" or "Isolator." His chief enemies are the gods of Stasis and Mindlessness. The first of these is Osiris, Death himself. Set's slaying of Osiris has a twofold significance for the seeker of Xeper. Firstly this represents the slaying of old thought patterns, the dethroning of those internal gods that we have received from society. On a second level this was the act by which Set, alone of all the gods of ancient Egypt, became deathless. The Left Hand Path is a quest to Become an immortal, potent, and powerful Essence. Set's other enemy is the demon of mindless chaos, Apep. Set is said to slay this creature every night just before dawn. This symbolizes overcoming self doubt and delusion, of acting at the times of greatest despair, or not being lulled to sleep by the powerful self-hypnotizing engines of mankind. Set achieves (on a divine level) this isolation from the universe so that he may say, "Xeper" = "I Have Come Into Being." Each of these breaks—the break from the dead past (by slaying Osiris) and the break from the confused present (by slaying Apep)—is done for the sake of a self-determined future. One of Set's cult titles, Set-Heh, means God of Unending Futurity.
Set did not receive the aid of other gods in his two quests, nor does Set give aid to those who seek to emulate these quests on a human level. Those who struggle (like Set) with the principle of Xeper are of his Essence. Their actions are essentially the same. Those who want to share their quests and pool their knowledge seek after Set's chief tool of His Aeon, the Temple of Set. It is the most concentrated environment for the study of Xeper, both as noun and verb. Xeper can not be studied as an abstract intellectual idea, it must be experienced. One can read about Justice, or one can hope for it, but to truly Know Justice you must bring it into Being. One can read about Xeper, as your interest in secret things has brought you to do. You can hope for it. Or you can seek the solitary self-transformation that will cause you to experience it. The Temple of Set represents a concentration of the Aeon; like Set himself, it does not answer prayers, and by its very Being provides challenges for those who would seek after the Word of Xeper. It is the embodiment of the Emerald Dawn enVisioned by the Fraternitas Saturni. We are not necessarily a "Satanic" order, other than we Understand that for Initiation on the Left Hand Path to be effective for those who have just begun Work on that path, the antinomian aspect of the Work does Need to be fulfilled by some means. The imagery of the Black Arts provides that Need for many, but it likewise can be limiting as it is mastered. Our predecessor was caught by this trap, and we hope by exploring the manifestations of the principle of Xeper in many cultures and times and in our own creations to have much further horizons. Diabolical imagery is useful only in a culturally bound antinomian sense; beyond this it represents a new stasis to be discarded.
Xeper. Now an Egyptian verb, like an English verb, can have several forms depending on its number, tense, voice, and mood. (Unlike an English verb, Egyptian verbs also have gender.) You can have a verb such as run which can be conjugated (I run; you run; he, she or it runs; we run—I am running—I ran—etc.). There are about 140 forms for an English verb (I remember this because my Junior High School Latin teacher often made us write the full conjugation of English verbs when he was mad at us). We happen to know the tense and person of the verb Xeper from the sentence Xepera Xeper Xeperu. It is first person, stative. Now while you're trying to remember your High School grammar as to what tense "stative" is—you won't. We don't have the tense in English. It refers to a past event that modifies a current state. We do have first person, of course; that means that "I" did it.
The proper translation of the verb Xeper is "I Have Come Into Being." Now there are some implications of this that we in the Temple have not yet considered. Firstly the verb refers to a moment that *HAS* happened that explains why we are here. When you write or speak or think the word "Xeper" you are talking about something that has taken place. You are not talking about something taking place at the moment of the speech act. Xeper is *NOT* a continuous process. It is a series of events, whose presence we sense either through reason, or through divine apprehensions. We are aware that *something* has occurred to give the particular Being we have at any moment. We are aware that whatever the great shaping potential of that *something* we don't have that potential at this moment. In short we are aware that we have had a moment wherein we acted as gods. We did something divine—we had some peak experience—we made some life-altering choice—and it has produced the creatures we are now. Now this produces two great realizations. First, we are aware that we have a capacity beyond wherever and whenever we are right now to both Limit and Create ourselves. All moments of Xeper both Limit and Create ourselves—or to use both of those ideas at the same time, all moments of Xeper Isolate ourselves from the Cosmos. Second, we want to do this again.
P.S. Don Webb has written this in our ToS forum

Darkwater

A Thought Experiment

The following visualization is offered as a thought experiment to interested people. Participation in this, as in any Setian ritual, is totally voluntary. This is step 1.

* Visualize a hotel corridor. Behind all the doors on one side of the hall are a series of rooms special to you. As you open each room, you find that it magically opens to a place important to you from your past. Homes, schoolrooms, ect...Look around each. You may find that you have unresolved emotional or Initiatory items to deal with because of what you see. Being gentle and loving to yourself, try to deal with these in ways that benefit your Xeper. Remember that no matter where things were in your life, you can change it now--impelled by your Coming Into Being. You may find some long forgotten pleasures or interests. What do these tell you about your Self? You may wish to take them up again. See what step 1 does, and by your Will make what it does serve your Xeper.
Sit and close your eyes..."Think". I will post Step 2. Prepare now for Step 2 by thinking about Step 1 in all seriousness.

blackout

Violet.
Is it possible to "come into being"
at the expense of someone else's "coming into being"?

Just a pondering that came to mind in the rooms of my childhood....

No need to really answer I guess.
I already know the answer.

There are so few who ever Xeper.
Who ever even dream of their Xeper potential.
And those that don't
stand to get in everyone else's way.
(unwittingly or not)
Sad that.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
But then when Xeper is achieved...
the Self REALized...
all obsticles fall away as nothing
as one's new world dawns in and around the Self.

I already know my Xeper.
My Xeper first opened to me four years ago?
And it shall be REALized in me again and again,
on deeper and higher levels.

I love the exercises DW.
Please keep them coming.

*If I am using the word incorrectly,
please feel free to correct my Xeper Grammar.:p

"to serve" your Xeper.

I like that.

Last edited:

Darkwater

And those that don't
(unwittingly or not)
Sad that.

You are coming into being on more levels than you are perhaps aware,& me too.All I know is that you shake me to my very core & resonate beautifuly farther than I can perceive such is your perfect allignment with the Universe(s) or multiverse.:drool::flirt::drool::yes: I'll get my insights on one of your positions in the universe,as far as I am able to describe in constellations visible & invisible.

You never Xeper at the expense of someone else,you ramify exponentially in accordance with your dna.

You are perfect,I'll pm you the 2nd part which will help you iron out any tiny creases in your Xeper.

A good starting point is to promise to visit yourself,where you are right now & love yourself unconditionally in great love........give yourself a sign or a message of guidance,strength or wisdom/insight.

xxxxxxx I love you.......although would not change myself for anything.......you are going to be so envious of me....xxxxxxxx sighs...just teasing.

Darkwater

But then when Xeper is achieved...
the Self REALized...
all obsticles fall away as nothing
as one's new world dawns in and around the Self.

I already know my Xeper.
My Xeper first opened to me four years ago?
And it shall be REALized in me again and again,
on deeper and higher levels.

I love the exercises DW.
Please keep them coming.

*If I am using the word incorrectly,
please feel free to correct my Xeper Grammar.:p

"to serve" your Xeper.

I like that.

You are perfect,formed in love & attracting love,I cannot improve on anything you say you say it so well,your intent is impeccable.

Xeper,Xepera,Xeperu....

Xeper=realise yourself

Xepera=use this to visit yourself/xeper self,your Xepera.

Xeperu=As part of your Xeper,your Xepera does visit your Xeper to create Xeperu(a fully realised Xeper,by way of Xepera visits in love & understanding)..girls are way better at communicating than boyz,I try my best,it is all you babe.

In great love(spanx):drool::D

And those that don't
(unwittingly or not)
Sad that.

Greetings

I have been reading some of this stuff and it very good.

I do have a question?

What you term Xeper? to become into being sounds like some of the literature I use and in that instead of using Exper? I use the term Dragon? Is there a difference or are they two expressions of the same outcome?

Regards

DiabloNightcraft

Darkwater

Dragon is a male thing on a different paradigm,of which there are many.synonimous.

My Scarab reached me from a different paradigm,learning stuff from Viasinastra helped me realise this.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
The post Via has shared with us here is just fabulous.

I find it very interesting that there are words for these things.
And the Set mythology... the beetle... the dawn... osiris... the whole thing
is a compelling expression of something that can be very hard to express.

It is very exciting for me to read,
because I see before me in words,
an expression of the inner life that is my own.

The inner life that I have struggled to communicate.

I had a Xeper experience tonight,
after two days of stress and unrest.
In but a moments REALization,
the change is made.

We have a world of power at our hands.

God I love this life of self becoming...
the divinely personal REALization of Self
which makes me the artist of my own cosmos.

Unlocking the Word of World.
Opening up the World of Word.

Perhaps the "l" is wand.
or staff, for stirring the cauldron of black.

I have pulled out the "l",
and am conducting the aeon of my present glory.

It is purple of black... and it sparkles.....

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
A good starting point is to promise to visit yourself,where you are right now & love yourself unconditionally in great love........give yourself a sign or a message of guidance,strength or wisdom/insight.

The visit was a real one.
It actualized... in the physical realm.
*UV throws sparkly purple faeiry dust as confettii!!!*

True and total and wondrous manifestation of love.
I visited and loved unconditionally in great love,
and saw myself there in the message
in the most astounding way.
Truly Amazing.

And I have never been loved back so sweetly.

It was a magical milestone in my life.
And will continure to bloom in the fullness of Violet.

Purple Pixie Passion.;)

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
A Thought Experiment

The following visualization is offered as a thought experiment to interested people. Participation in this, as in any Setian ritual, is totally voluntary. This is step 1.

* Visualize a hotel corridor. Behind all the doors on one side of the hall are a series of rooms special to you. As you open each room, you find that it magically opens to a place important to you from your past. Homes, schoolrooms, ect...Look around each. You may find that you have unresolved emotional or Initiatory items to deal with because of what you see. Being gentle and loving to yourself, try to deal with these in ways that benefit your Xeper. Remember that no matter where things were in your life, you can change it now--impelled by your Coming Into Being. You may find some long forgotten pleasures or interests. What do these tell you about your Self? You may wish to take them up again. See what step 1 does, and by your Will make what it does serve your Xeper.
Sit and close your eyes..."Think". I will post Step 2. Prepare now for Step 2 by thinking about Step 1 in all seriousness.

Hotel corridor. Funny that.

I have entered into the rooms.
Sat with my child.
Held her,
loved her,
cuddled her,
explained things to her,
and wiped away all those lonely tears.

We have laughed about things,
cried about things,
and let things go together.

My little girl no longer resides in those rooms of old.
She is finally free to come and go as she pleases.
Which was all she ever really wanted anyway.

**oh yes!
She finally got to paint her room the color she always really wanted!
Purple.

It's never too late.

Last edited: