• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF??????

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Srrsly! I've been on this forum for eight years, and I've been on 7 other forums, too. Just about the time I finally get all the nuances down, you change the fomat?? Really?!!

I feel like a blind man in a tack factory! I hate to be a curmudgeon, but for Pete's sake! What have you people been smoking?? It's like you've knocked us out, put us on a completely different planet that's like Bizarro World -- up is down and right is left -- and said, "OK, people, simply carry on business as usual." Business isn't usual!

I want the old software back! I liked the frubal system -- it helped to create community. I liked my awards. I like the old emoticons. When the cyber world is all about appearance, you don't change the appearance, because it changes the world you're asking people to be part of. This is like... graduating high school in Wyoming, going to college in England, then transferring to a college in Germany and finding it full of all your old high school friends. Seriously, I don't know if I can deal with this -- I'm an old fart who has to stick my tongue out the left side of my mouth and pray when I hit the power button on the computer. I'm flying in the dark with no instruments.

Sorry for the rant, but holy carnival ride, Batman!

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Srrsly! I've been on this forum for eight years, and I've been on 7 other forums, too. Just about the time I finally get all the nuances down, you change the fomat?? Really?!!

I feel like a blind man in a tack factory! I hate to be a curmudgeon, but for Pete's sake! What have you people been smoking?? It's like you've knocked us out, put us on a completely different planet that's like Bizarro World -- up is down and right is left -- and said, "OK, people, simply carry on business as usual." Business isn't usual!

I want the old software back! I liked the frubal system -- it helped to create community. I liked my awards. I like the old emoticons. When the cyber world is all about appearance, you don't change the appearance, because it changes the world you're asking people to be part of. This is like... graduating high school in Wyoming, going to college in England, then transferring to a college in Germany and finding it full of all your old high school friends. Seriously, I don't know if I can deal with this -- I'm an old fart who has to stick my tongue out the left side of my mouth and pray when I hit the power button on the computer. I'm flying in the dark with no instruments.

Sorry for the rant, but holy carnival ride, Batman!

I'm losing my religion! No...really... I am! The religion option on my profile is gone. :eek:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
From what I've (and everyone else has) been told, this is just the default. It will eventually resemble the old RF in due time.

gzusfrk

Christian
A thousand years ago the wheel was round, and a thousand years from now the wheel will still be round,,,,,, get it?

4consideration

Premium Member
Maybe just spend some time looking around, and perhaps don't try to get back to the same rate of activity right away. That might ease the frustration factor. :)

If you spend some time reading around the forum, you may notice some things you may not be aware of at this time.

1. It is expected that within a few days more changes will occur that will make this version appear much closer to the old version than it does now.

2. There is not a frubal emergency. We have been informed that frubals are in safe keeping and will be restored. Many changes are needed in this transition. If we stick together, I think we can all make it a few days without seeing our frubals. :D

Hang in there. You can do it!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Frubals and religion title will come back!! the format will also change. If you need any help in the meantime, i can help. Just ask specific questions.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Sojo,
Ohhhhhhhhhh...buck up...find the watch threads button and start collecting your favorites.
Now....if I can get the threads back to the top...I'll be happy.
I'm older...and have more tongue out...now if I can keep from chomping down...
or sticking it into something I'll be alright...
~
'mud

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Iti,
how do I get to start at the top in the thread again ?
Does that make any friggin sense ?
~
'mud

Iti oj

Premium Member
hey Iti,
how do I get to start at the top in the thread again ?
Does that make any friggin sense ?
~
'mud
Not really?? You want to go to the first post in this thread? Well its just one page at the momment, so you could scroll up or hit the "top" button on the lower left corner. Once this thread goes many pages you can click on the "1" button. and it will take you to the first page.

or do you mean have the page load at the top instead of the bottom when ever you enter this thread?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I want the last post at the top and progress downward (backwards) I think...
now I'm all confused...but I'm used to that...I think !
Just like (ctrl)+home to go back up and (ctrl)+end to go down...
but I want to start at the top in the last post and progress downward...
I like to go down that way...ohhhh crap...I didn't really mean that...I don't think !
Sorry...but I'm just a mess again...damned stroke, makes me silly most of the "time" !
nuff of that stuff,
'mud

Iti oj

Premium Member
I want the last post at the top and progress downward (backwards) I think...
now I'm all confused...but I'm used to that...I think !
Just like (ctrl)+home to go back up and (ctrl)+end to go down...
but I want to start at the top in the last post and progress downward...
I like to go down that way...ohhhh crap...I didn't really mean that...I don't think !
Sorry...but I'm just a mess again...damned stroke, makes me silly most of the "time" !
nuff of that stuff,
'mud
ok i understand. I'll see if i can find it.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I sympathize Sojo, but remember that Rex is the guy who invented the concept of punishing Helen Keller by rearranging the furniture.
Did your RF dues go up?
No?
Then just smile & cope with it.
rearranging the furniture! can't stop laughing

Iti oj

Premium Member
Sorry Mud, Infi and I looked into and apparently that feature does not exist on Xenforo.
Sorry bud.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Well...we'll just have to do the ctrl buttons then...no big deal...I get it
funny thing just happened...can't explain it...file upload of some kind and back here ??
~
'mud

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
When the cyber world is all about appearance, you don't change the appearance, because it changes the world you're asking people to be part of.
That made me smile.

The idea was to get people back up and posting asap, but I too understood that it will eventually look just like the old software. Be patient.