• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Write the manual after there are enough sales?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Seems to be what is happening with my little smartphone, but it would have been nice if they had done it at the same time as releasing it for sale, given it was my first Android phone and I do make mistakes because I still don't understand it 100%:

And it was more the size that drew me, so I wasn't expecting it to be a marvel:

Not unhappy with it though. :oops:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Seems to be what is happening with my little smartphone, but it would have been nice if they had done it at the same time as releasing it for sale, given it was my first Android phone and I do make mistakes because I still don't understand it 100%:

If it works, what more can you ask?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Boys don't read manuals. Get a grip.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Boys don't read manuals. Get a grip.

It'll be written in Chinese translated to Hindi, then Spanish before the English version is released. Not the sort of thing you'd want to read anyway even if it is understandable

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Well...OK - at least not until they've got the damn thing in a thousand pieces trying to fix it.
Real men never give up. :joycat:

I took a hoover apart once to fix it and put it back together again and it worked. Even though I had a piece left over. No manuals were read in the fixing of this item. :smileycat:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Sounds like my husband...
Proper bloke then.

In all seriousness when I do look at the booklets you get they're often more or less next to useless. Usually a few diagrams and some unhelpful words and arrows (eg the fish pond pump that we bought not long ago that decided to pack in). You might as well read the back of a cornflake packet. Also, trying to fix stuff is a great opportunity for some therapeutic swearing. (eg "Why the **** would anybody put the ******* clips on this ******* side when it clearly won't ******* fit on the ******* funnel? ******* *******." )

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Proper bloke then.

In all seriousness when I do look at the booklets you get they're often more or less next to useless. Usually a few diagrams and some unhelpful words and arrows (eg the fish pond pump that we bought not long ago that decided to pack in). You might as well read the back of a cornflake packet. Also, trying to fix stuff is a great opportunity for some therapeutic swearing. (eg "Why the **** would anybody **** the ******* clips on this ******* side when it clearly won't ******* fit on the ******* funnel? ******* *******." )
Har! I left a coffee pot that DID NOT WORK out on my counter, in a box, meaning to return it to Amazon - I swear I did mean to do it - till the Amazon time to return it expired. The damn thing did not work. I want some things, like coffee makers, ice makers, mixers, that sort of thing, to be self explanatory It shouldn't need a freaking manual.

One time I thought to myself, "Self, you can put that POOL TABLE together and save yourself a coupla hundred bucks." It took me all weekend long! OMG by the time I was done, I wanted to spend the two hundred dollars on having someone else put it together, that's for sure. Now THAT needed a manual, but I did require a manual that made sense. When I was done, FINALLY, the pool table looked and worked fine but there were screws and some pieces left - oh, well.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If it works, what more can you ask?
Understanding it all might help me not make mistakes though - given I am one of those who does go through any manual unless everything is obvious - and this device is not in this latter category unfortunately. o_O

PS I have another dumb phone that has a tape recorder symbol on the display for some reason and this isn't in the horrible little manual so I have no idea what it is there for or does. :eek: