• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you agree that...

Little Joe Gould

Seeking God
I have thought about the question "What if everyone was the same religion? Would that solve all the world's problems?" a few times. I was wondering what you people think about this idea. The only reason I ask is because I don't know. I've thought to myself before that if everyone was united through Christ that the world would be great, but at the same time Catholics and Protestants fight in some countries and there have been all sorts of heinous crimes committed by people of all major faiths so I wonder if it would solve any problems completely or not. I'm not even speaking of Christianity, I mean any religion. However, I do doubt that if we were all of the same religion it would solve all of our problems, but then again I guess it comes down to what religion and exactly what the beliefs are as well as the fact that even people who claim the same denominations still have different beliefs about certain things. To me I've always thought this question was fairly interesting for discussion.

Circle_One

I don't think it would solve problems, but rather create more because there would be thousands of different translations of that one religion and everyone would fight over who's translation was right.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
It would solve some problems, but like circle_one said, it might create other ones.

If everyone believed exactly the same thing without differences in translations or whatever, some problems would be solved, but not all of them.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If everyone was the same religion, it would just boil down to heightened hostilities between the different denominations/factions/sects, etc. of that particular religion.

it would not last long people will make stuff up and within 3 generations you will have hundreds of diffrent religions on your hands again, it would however shift time and money to better things for the time being (ofcourse that depends on wich religion)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
IMO, if you disregard the banners and logos (I'm referring to "logo" plural, rather than the Logos) there really are only two religions in the world; Love and Fear.

If everyone converted to the former, I think we'd have a pretty decent world on our hands.

If everyone converted to the later, God help us all.

As it is I think we all spend a lot of our time bowing to the one and then the other.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't think it would actually solve any problems. If we had the same religion, they would probably splinter off to different variations of it. Either that or they would something else to argue about.

Jeremy Mason

IMO, if you disregard the banners and logos (I'm referring to "logo" plural, rather than the Logos) there really are only two religions in the world; Love and Fear.

If everyone converted to the former, I think we'd have a pretty decent world on our hands.

If everyone converted to the later, God help us all.

As it is I think we all spend a lot of our time bowing to the one and then the other.

I'm with you on this one Quagmire.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Humans have countless reasons to kill one another on massive scales... Religion is just the easiest tool to grab for. (And the people who fall for it are tools.)

wa:do