• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Jesus Christ participate in interfaithism?

You would think that only if you knew nothing about how mainstream denominations vet their ordination candidates. Think! Don’t you think an ordained member of the clergy should have a valid relationship with Jesus??

Denomination is none of your business.
I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
Acts 20:29 NIV

Even satan masquerades as an angel of light and (I think) there are several apostate denominations who have forsaken the Word of God.

Interesting you won't answer the question or reveal the denomination. Salvation does not come by being a religious leader. (I believe) salvation comes by repenting of your sins, believing the Gospel and submitting to Jesus Christ. (I think) false converts can't identify the moment this happened b/c it never did!

I can tell you exactly when I got saved.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus said, "I am the truth...no man comes to the Father except through me." That is an exclusive claim of truth and salvation.

Do Muslims come through Jesus as the Son of God? How about Jews?
Jesus was the only way to the Father during His Dispensation, so that claim only applied to the Dispensation of Jesus. The Dispensation of Jesus ended when Muhammad appeared. Muhammad provided a way to the Father for Muslims, so Muslims do not have to come through Jesus, they come through Muhammad.
Jesus said, broad is the road that leads to destruction and many travel it, but narrow is the path that leads to life and few find it.
I do not know why you assume that applies to Jesus. It might have applied to Jesus in the distant past, but it no longer applies to Jesus because many Christians have found that road. It is a well-traveled road and it is no longer the road that leads to life..
Does the interfaith movement and one-world religion sound like a narrow path or broad road that leads to God?
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Christianity was the narrow gate when it was a new religion and there were few Christians. The Baha'i Faith is now the new religion that is the narrow gate and the road that leads to life, because few people have found that gate and walked the road the leads to life.
Jesus is the Truth and and latter revelation cannot contradict the previous one or it is invalid.
The later revelations do not contradict the previous ones, they fulfill their promises and continue God's work.
Thus Baha'u'llah continued the work Jesus started:

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Jesus was the only way to the Father during His Dispensation, so that claim only applied to the Dispensation of Jesus. The Dispensation of Jesus ended when Muhammad appeared. Muhammad provided a way to the Father for Muslims, so Muslims do not have to come through Jesus, they come through Muhammad.

I do not know why you assume that applies to Jesus. It might have applied to Jesus in the distant past, but it no longer applies to Jesus because many Christians have found that road. It is a well-traveled road and it is no longer the road that leads to life..

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Christianity was the narrow gate when it was a new religion and there were few Christians. The Baha'i Faith is now the new religion that is the narrow gate and the road that leads to life, because few people have found that gate and walked the road the leads to life.

The later revelations do not contradict the previous ones, they fulfill their promises and continue God's work.
Thus Baha'u'llah continued the work Jesus started:

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8 NIV

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!
Galatians 1:8 NIV

Supposedly an angel revealed to Mohammad his revelation which contradicts Christianity, even though the Bible teaches doing so leads to being under God's curse!

(I believe) Islam contradicts Christianity, your faith contradicts both and what you believe is a collection of many religions rolled up into one. Even though they disagree with each other, you claim they were only true for that dispensation to lead to the truth you presently have. In essence they cease from being true.

This is totally illogical and not how truth works. Truth never changes, otherwise it's not true. Will 2+2 always be 4, or will it change under the dispensation of common core? If so 2+2 can be w/e you want it to be.

God is not an idol. We can't fashion Him into our own image. God is real and independent from us. We come to Him on His terms or we don't come at all. Scripture stands alone and covers the full spectrum of who God is and isn't. You can either accept it or reject it but as one who knows, loves and follows Jesus Christ, I know for a fact what is true and what is counterfeit religion according to Scripture. It's the Scriptures which will make you wise unto salvation.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Supposedly an angel revealed to Mohammad his revelation which contradicts Christianity, even though the Bible teaches doing so leads to being under God's curse!
Being under God's curse is simply your interpretation of the Bible.
Islam might contradict Christianity, but it does not contradict the Bible. Christianity is simply one interpretation of the Bible, not necessarily the correct interpretation.
(I believe) Islam contradicts Christianity, your faith contradicts both and what you believe is a collection of many religions rolled up into one. Even though they disagree with each other, you claim they were only true for that dispensation to lead to the truth you presently have. In essence they cease from being true.
Islam and the Baha'i Faith do contradict Christianity but they do not contradict the Bible. Baha'is believe what Jesus taught, not what the church teaches. The doctrines of Christianity are not what Jesus taught.

True religions as revealed by God do not disagree with each other, but religions were changed by men's interpretations of scriptures and that is what religions disagree on.

Being under God's curse is simply your interpretation of the Bible.
Islam might contradict Christianity, but it does not contradict the Bible. Christianity is simply one interpretation of the Bible, not necessarily the correct interpretation.

Islam and the Baha'i Faith do contradict Christianity but they do not contradict the Bible. Baha'is believe what Jesus taught, not what the church teaches. The doctrines of Christianity are not what Jesus taught.

True religions as revealed by God do not disagree with each other, but religions were changed by men's interpretations of scriptures and that is what religions disagree on.
The Bible teaches Jesus is the Son of God. The Quran contradicts that (I believe).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
1) Bases on these Scriptures, would Jesus Christ participate in interfaithism?
Based on the Gospel as a whole, almost certainly yes.

The Jesus of the Gospel is a character who will interact with basically anybody. Any time his followers try to exclude or block someone of different beliefs or background, Jesus admonishes them and invites them in.

His only real wrath and anger seems to be reserved for hypocrites within his own faith community.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible teaches Jesus is the Son of God. The Quran contradicts that (I believe).
That would depend upon what you mean by Son of God. That means different things to different people.
I really don't know what Muslims believe about the title 'Son of God' but I know they do not believe that Jesus was the biological Son of God.

Here is part of a longer article a Baha'i scholar wrote about Jesus.

Although the Bahá'í writings say nothing about the title 'Son of God (or 'only begotten Son of God, [John 3:16]) there is much that can be said about it from a Bahá'í perspective. 'Son of God is an extremely important title of Jesus for Christians, so much so that in the minds of many Christians 'Son of God' defines the relationship of Jesus with His Father. But often Christians do not think about the symbolic meaning of the title; indeed, many seem unaware that the title is symbolic at all.

What does the term 'Son' mean? Normally, the word has a simple biological meaning, but that meaning is the very one that cannot apply to the relationship between God and Jesus, for God does not have genetic material to confer upon Jesus, nor does God have a body with which He could unite with Mary to produce a son. Christian theology never meant the term to be understood literally; as the above quote from Gregory of Nazianzus emphasizes, God begot Christ 'without passion, of course, and without reference to time, and not in a corporeal manner' ('The Third Theological Oration – On the Son' 161). The Qur'án echoes Gregory's recognition of God's transcendence when it says, 'Allah is only one God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son' (Qur'án 5:171).

Consequently, the word 'Son' must be understood in a metaphorical or symbolic sense; the same is true of the verb 'begotten' when applied to Jesus.

Jesus Christ in the Bahá'í Writings

That would depend upon what you mean by Son of God. That means different things to different people.
I really don't know what Muslims believe about the title 'Son of God' but I know they do not believe that Jesus was the biological Son of God.

Here is part of a longer article a Baha'i scholar wrote about Jesus.

Although the Bahá'í writings say nothing about the title 'Son of God (or 'only begotten Son of God, [John 3:16]) there is much that can be said about it from a Bahá'í perspective. 'Son of God is an extremely important title of Jesus for Christians, so much so that in the minds of many Christians 'Son of God' defines the relationship of Jesus with His Father. But often Christians do not think about the symbolic meaning of the title; indeed, many seem unaware that the title is symbolic at all.

What does the term 'Son' mean? Normally, the word has a simple biological meaning, but that meaning is the very one that cannot apply to the relationship between God and Jesus, for God does not have genetic material to confer upon Jesus, nor does God have a body with which He could unite with Mary to produce a son. Christian theology never meant the term to be understood literally; as the above quote from Gregory of Nazianzus emphasizes, God begot Christ 'without passion, of course, and without reference to time, and not in a corporeal manner' ('The Third Theological Oration – On the Son' 161). The Qur'án echoes Gregory's recognition of God's transcendence when it says, 'Allah is only one God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son' (Qur'án 5:171).

Consequently, the word 'Son' must be understood in a metaphorical or symbolic sense; the same is true of the verb 'begotten' when applied to Jesus.

Jesus Christ in the Bahá'í Writings
Negative. Father God is the Father of the Son of God b/c the Bible says so AND the Holy Spirit "overshadowed" Mary and supernaturally impregnated her. Joseph is not the biological father of Jesus. God is.

(I believe) the Quaran contradicts the Bible on this matter and so does your religion.

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about : His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 1:18 NIV

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
Luke 1:35 NIV

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Negative. Father God is the Father of the Son of God b/c the Bible says so AND the Holy Spirit "overshadowed" Mary and supernaturally impregnated her. Joseph is not the biological father of Jesus. God is.

(I believe) the Quran contradicts the Bible on this matter and so does your religion.
AGAIN, this is a matter of how one interprets the Bible, including the definition of the Holy Spirit. Baha'is do not believe that the Holy Spirit is God; we believe the Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God, the luminous rays that emanate from God.

Baha'is believe that the Holy Spirit "overshadowed" Mary and supernaturally impregnated her, but we do not believe that God is the biological Father of Jesus; since God is not a man God cannot have biological children... Below is what Baha'is believe about the Virgin Birth (underlining for emphasis):

1637. Christ, Virgin Birth of

"First regarding the birth of Jesus Christ. In light of what Bahá’u’lláh and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá have stated concerning this subject it is evident that Jesus came into this world through the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit, and that consequently His birth was quite miraculous. This is an established fact, and the friends need not feel at all surprised, as the belief in the possibility of miracles has never been rejected in the Teachings. Their importance, however, has been minimized."

(From a letter dated December 31, 1937 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

1639. Bahá’í Teachings in Agreement with Doctrines of Catholic Church Concerning the Virgin Birth

"With regard to your question concerning the Virgin Birth of Jesus: On this point, as on several others, the Bahá’í Teachings are in full agreement with the doctrines of the Catholic Church. In the 'Kitáb-i-Íqán' (Book of Certitude) p. 56, and in a few other Tablets still unpublished, Bahá’u’lláh confirms, however indirectly, the Catholic conception of the Virgin Birth. Also ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in the 'Some Answered Questions', Chap. XII, p. 73, explicitly states that 'Christ found existence through the Spirit of God' which statement necessarily implies, when viewed in the light of the text, that Jesus was not the son of Joseph."

(From a letter dated October 14, 1945 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

Lights of Guidance/Christ - Bahaiworks, a library of works about the Bahá’í Faith

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
Acts 20:29 NIV

Even satan masquerades as an angel of light and (I think) there are several apostate denominations who have forsaken the Word of God.

Interesting you won't answer the question or reveal the denomination. Salvation does not come by being a religious leader. (I believe) salvation comes by repenting of your sins, believing the Gospel and submitting to Jesus Christ. (I think) false converts can't identify the moment this happened b/c it never did!

I can tell you exactly when I got saved.
I think we’re done if you’re going to degrade the argument by attempting to intimate that my denomination, ordination, and salvation are suspect, misusing scripture to do so.

sojourner

I can tell you exactly when I got saved
Bully for you. But not cogent to the argument.

Interesting you won't answer the question or reveal the denomination
Interesting that you feel you have to know. Considering your disparaging comments above, you’ll understand why I feel a certain level of anonymity is warranted, in order to protect the flock from such negativity.

I think we’re done if you’re going to degrade the argument by attempting to intimate that my denomination, ordination, and salvation are suspect, misusing scripture to do so.
I simply asked if you met the Biblical criteria for being saved and what denomination you belonged to. You've refused to answer but asked me what I thought so I told you.

Bully for you. But not cogent to the argument.

Interesting that you feel you have to know. Considering your disparaging comments above, you’ll understand why I feel a certain level of anonymity is warranted, in order to protect the flock from such negativity.
I don't have to know, but it seems like you're ashamed to tell me. I would see no reason to hesitate to tell people I was charismatic, primarily raised Assemblies of God, but if you want to keep it to yourself that's fine.

I didn't ask b/c I needed to know the answer. That convo was for you to privately search your own heart in regard of what was said.

sojourner

I don't have to know, but it seems like you're ashamed to tell me. I would see no reason to hesitate to tell people I was charismatic, primarily raised Assemblies of God, but if you want to keep it to yourself that's fine.

I didn't ask b/c I needed to know the answer. That convo was for you to privately search your own heart in regard of what was said.
My heart needs no searching. To intimate that it does is the height of poor form and probably a violation of forum rules.

You don’t know me, you are not my spiritual advisor.

sojourner

I simply asked if you met the Biblical criteria for being saved and what denomination you belonged to. You've refused to answer but asked me what I thought so I told you.
You don’t need to know that. I refused to answer because it’s immaterial to the discussion.

AGAIN, this is a matter of how one interprets the Bible, including the definition of the Holy Spirit. Baha'is do not believe that the Holy Spirit is God; we believe the Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God, the luminous rays that emanate from God.

Baha'is believe that the Holy Spirit "overshadowed" Mary and supernaturally impregnated her, but we do not believe that God is the biological Father of Jesus; since God is not a man God cannot have biological children... Below is what Baha'is believe about the Virgin Birth (underlining for emphasis):

1637. Christ, Virgin Birth of

"First regarding the birth of Jesus Christ. In light of what Bahá’u’lláh and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá have stated concerning this subject it is evident that Jesus came into this world through the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit, and that consequently His birth was quite miraculous. This is an established fact, and the friends need not feel at all surprised, as the belief in the possibility of miracles has never been rejected in the Teachings. Their importance, however, has been minimized."

(From a letter dated December 31, 1937 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

1639. Bahá’í Teachings in Agreement with Doctrines of Catholic Church Concerning the Virgin Birth

"With regard to your question concerning the Virgin Birth of Jesus: On this point, as on several others, the Bahá’í Teachings are in full agreement with the doctrines of the Catholic Church. In the 'Kitáb-i-Íqán' (Book of Certitude) p. 56, and in a few other Tablets still unpublished, Bahá’u’lláh confirms, however indirectly, the Catholic conception of the Virgin Birth. Also ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in the 'Some Answered Questions', Chap. XII, p. 73, explicitly states that 'Christ found existence through the Spirit of God' which statement necessarily implies, when viewed in the light of the text, that Jesus was not the son of Joseph."

(From a letter dated October 14, 1945 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

Lights of Guidance/Christ - Bahaiworks, a library of works about the Bahá’í Faith
Who is Jesus' Father?

My heart needs no searching. To intimate that it does is the height of poor form and probably a violation of forum rules.

You don’t know me, you are not my spiritual advisor.

Your heart doesn't need searching? I search mine everyday.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 NIV