• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would it change anything?

LogDog

If it weren't for the dangling carrot of heaven and the threat of eternal torture in hell, would you still be a christian?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The premise is faulty since heaven is here and now. It's not a dangling carrot, but a real slice of carrot cake and it tastes good!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The premise is faulty since heaven is here and now. It's not a dangling carrot, but a real slice of carrot cake and it tastes good!

Alot of people are so busy chasing the carrot they can't see that they're trampling all over the salad bar.

Then they wonder why the other people in the resturant keep giving them dirty looks.

blackout

Violet.
QuagmireQuote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Pete

Alot of people are so busy chasing the carrot they can't see that they're trampling all over the salad bar.

Then they wonder why the other people in the resturant keep giving them dirty looks.

Two FINE examples of why I love this forum so very very much!!!
Servin' up the truth with humor! Makes it all so tasty!:cheese:

LogDog

The premise is faulty since heaven is here and now.

Mr. Vulture would probably agree with you.

GODSLOVE.jpg

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Mr. Vulture would probably agree with you.
You agree with me? WHOA! Wonders never cease.

Cheap visuals such as that are naught but an appeal to emotion as well poisoning the well. But no one has accused you of ever playing fair! Your premise is still faulty. Go figure!

blackout

Violet.
mankind creates his own heavens and his own hells right here and now.
If that photograph isn't proof...
of hell on earth...
I dont know what is.

Fluffy

A fool
Do you find belief in heaven and hell to be convincing enough to convert you to theism, LogDog?

If you don't then why do you believe that it is sufficiently convincing for the Christian?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I personally don't follow God because of any promise of "Heaven" or any threat of "Hell". I don't honestly believe that there are many Christians that do. Did it ever occur to you, Logdog, that some of us are Christians because of the teachings of Jesus or some other reason? You are an atheist--Do you believe in, hmmm, let's say evolution because you think there is a reward if you do or a penalty if you don't believe in it?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Eggzacherry!

But I'm going to disagree with this for debate's sake and say that I don't want to debate it because that's not why I'm here :p

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but whether you intended it or not, you are debating now. :DI think the best debates are when the person doesn't really want to debate, then you get their real opinion and not one to be a devil's advocate. :p;)