• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would it be expected...

nutshell

Anything is possible.

Maybe we will - maybe we won't.

The importance isn't in the minutia - it's in the truth the mythology teaches.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Well eventually we will get the goldenplates back and the sealed portion will become available. Also all those record hidden in Hill Cumora will become available. I believe there are many more ancient records from prophets from all around the world that will become available. I don't know when these will become available to us though. I imagine it will be during the millenium.

WillowTheWhisp

I suppose it's perfectly possible that the records which Mormon condensed are still in existence somewhere. Maybe they will be discovered one day.

jonny

for other reformed egyptian writings to surface at some point in time?

Perhaps. It would be unlikely that they match the Reformed Egyptian used by the Nephites though since it is a language that developed because the people were disconnected from their home for hundreds of years. Also, it wasn't their spoken language. It was simply the language used for creating the record because of the lack of space on the plates. There isn't any indication in the Book of Mormon that the language was even commonly used by the Nephites for writing.

So, it's possible that something else in 'reformed Egyptian' will pop up, but I'm not holding my breath.