• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Europe survive a Zombie attack?

A

angellous_evangellous

A friend and I were talking about this yesterday.

I don't think that anyone could survive a zombie apocalypse - unless somehow they were completely isolated from other people. Even folks living out in the country would get it I think - because even they travel into town from time to time and people returning from a trip could bring it in. Everyone would die - it's only a matter of time.

But that depends on what kind of zombies they are and how fast the infection incubates. If it takes longer to transform, then there's more time for an infected person to spread the disease -- and more time fore people to get away. Also, if the zombies can starve to death or get weak from lack of food, there may be hope to outlast them and kill them while they are weaker.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Realistically I think actual zombies would be easily manageable: corpses aren't exactly the most stable hosts. Within a few days the corpse would decompose to the point that movement would be unfeasible. The elements would ruin a corpse, whether it's from freezer burn or too much heat. Furthermore zombies are synonymous with pop culture nowadays across the globe. Most people would know how to react once they got their bearings. That link does an awesome job of explaining these points.

But as aforementioned: a "rage" virus in living specimens would probably seriously screw up the world since they would only need water to survive for at least a few weeks, and their agility would mean relying on more than just common sense.

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

What if King Arthur came back as a zombie? Would that fulfill prophesy? Would the knights of the round table and Maid Marion come back to? Would it make a decent movie?

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I watched Planet Terror last night. (Fantastic movie :))

What would happen if the zombies attacked somewhere in Europe instead?
We also have some gas stations around, so it is possible to set the zombies on fire, that is effective I hear.
But as many cars turn electric those gas stations disappear, so if the zombies wait a few years they will have better odds.
Well you could probably electrocute one or two at the electric car charging station, but that doesn't stop the army either.

lunakilo

Well you could probably electrocute one or two at the electric car charging station, but that doesn't stop the army either.
Right.

I see the scene in my head.
I throw my metal bicycle pump at the zombie.
It pins it to the electric car charging station and Bzzzzzzzz. No more zombie :)

But I guess you are right, it is not enough to take out the army :(