• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie Ever?

Wannabe Yogi

Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie is the worse movie ever made.

I have been to movies that were bad and put me to sleep. This one caused me pain. All the loud singing and dancing literally hurt me. Even the two children I took to see it said it was bad and wanted to leave early.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Recently saw a movie which instantly hit my all-time top 10 worst movies list: The Box with Cameron Diaz. It was like watching a pile of horse crap crapping out dog crap onto a pile of monkey crap.

I agree. The Box was a piece of ****. I didn't even understand what the **** had happened. The guy was an alien or what? What the **** has that got to do with anything in the plot? Was he an alien? What was that weirdo place with the water. What the **** were the writers smoking? Did the actors smoke it too, or did they just not care enough to bother asking how the hell any of it made any sense? What a worthless waste of time...

any film ever made with john ritter in it

he sucks

:eek: ...... :( ......:sad4:

But what about Three's Company?

p184118_ce_h1_aa.jpg

I love that show...

It makes me laugh at 4:00 in the morning,
which is the only time it's ever on....

rojse

RF Addict
I agree. The Box was a piece of ****. I didn't even understand what the **** had happened. The guy was an alien or what? What the **** has that got to do with anything in the plot? Was he an alien? What was that weirdo place with the water. What the **** were the writers smoking? Did the actors smoke it too, or did they just not care enough to bother asking how the hell any of it made any sense? What a worthless waste of time...

:eek: ...... :( ......:sad4:

But what about Three's Company?

p184118_ce_h1_aa.jpg

I love that show...

It makes me laugh at 4:00 in the morning,
which is the only time it's ever on....

Thanks for spoiling the movie for me - I wanted to watch that, if only because the director of Donnie Darko made that movie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Crash (2004)
It was so painful to watch the over-acting, ham-fisted dialog, & simplistic preaching, that I kept my eyes closed. I'd have left the theater, but that would've been rude to Mrs Revoltingest.
Gee willikers & gosh golly! Racism & violence are hurtful Who'da thunk it?

There Will be Blood was also painful & slow, but Daniel Day Lewis is still an amazing actor to watch.

Last edited:

rojse

RF Addict
Crash (2004)
It was so painful to watch the over-acting, ham-fisted dialog, & simplistic preaching, that I kept my eyes closed. I'd have left the theater, but that would've been rude to Mrs Revoltingest.
Gee willikers & gosh golly! Racism & violence are hurtful Who'da thunk it?

It can't be as bad as Crash (1995). I won't mention the plot of the movie, partly because this is an all-ages site, and partly because there was no plot, just random scenes strung together to make an obscenely-themed story.

It can't be as bad as Crash (1995). I won't mention the plot of the movie, partly because this is an all-ages site, and partly because there was no plot, just random scenes strung together to make an obscenely-themed story.

I liked Crash 1995.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Which one is Crash 1995? All I know of is the brilliantly directed Cronenberg film about paraphilia which is based on the Ballard novel and was (I believe) released in 1996. Then there's the hyperbolic overacted silly pretentious mess that Paul Haggis directed in 2004.

Which one is Crash 1995? All I know of is the brilliantly directed Cronenberg film about paraphilia which is based on the Ballard novel and was (I believe) released in 1996. Then there's the hyperbolic overacted silly pretentious mess that Paul Haggis directed in 2004.

Breach of Trust (1995) :p

I meant the Cronenberg movie, I don't know which one rojse meant. I liked the segment with Thandie Newton and Matt Dillion in Crash 2004, but that didn't make up for the rest of it.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Breach of Trust (1995) :p

I meant the Cronenberg movie, I don't know which one rojse meant. I liked the segment with Thandie Newton and Matt Dillion in Crash 2004, but that didn't make up for the rest of it.
Matt Dillon gives some decent performances and I think he's underrated. He was awesome in Drugstore Cowboy and he does a mean Rod Serling. :D And I have yet to see a Cronenberg film I didn't love. Then again, I find Kubrick films too warm and cuddly for my tastes. :p

I felt obliged to dislike existenz based on peoples terrible reviews of it, but then, when I watched it, I kind of enjoyed it, fairly brainless and paranoid, but enjoyable. I haven't seen all his movies, but most of the ones I have seen I liked, but I have to say The Dead Zone, was just bad.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I felt obliged to dislike existenz based on peoples terrible reviews of it, but then, when I watched it, I kind of enjoyed it, fairly brainless and paranoid, but enjoyable. I haven't seen all his movies, but most of the ones I have seen I liked, but I have to say The Dead Zone, was just bad.
You make paranoid sound like a bad thing. :)
I thought Existenz was one of Cronenberg's weaker films but still darkly comical and had much more clever ideas than the similarly themed first Matrix film which was released around the same time.
I like The Dead Zone. :( Martin Sheen playing a right-wing zealot! Christopher Walken! Then again,The Shining and The Dead Zone are the only watchable Stephen King films. Good thing too, 'cause the books are unreadable. :biglaugh:

Ok, I'll say it: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Cannot stand that film. One of the top 10 worst films evah made. I know I have no good argument for it, I know 99% of humanity thinks I'm an idiot for hating this 80s classic, but I loathe that film.

Eta: And the Mist was ok too. ;)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Ok, I'll say it: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Cannot stand that film. One of the top 10 worst films evah made. I know I have no good argument for it, I know 99% of humanity thinks I'm an idiot for hating this 80s classic, but I loathe that film.

Personally, I never really understood the hype about that movie. The problem is that Ferris is supposed to be a charismatic guy, but he's played by a no-personality douche. By the time you get to the scene where's he's signing Twist and Shout in the parade, if you're not vomiting all over yourself, you can probably be happy watching just about anything.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Personally, I never really understood the hype about that movie. The problem is that Ferris is supposed to be a charismatic guy, but he's played by a no-personality douche. By the time you get to the scene where's he's signing Twist and Shout in the parade, if you're not vomiting all over yourself, you can probably be happy watching just about anything.
Sweet Jesus I found the 1%!!!!!!
:bow: