• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst film of all time?

Titanic

Star Wars A New Hope is one of the best science fiction movies ever made. When it first came out in 1977, the special effects were among the best. And the story line, although a pretty normal "good vs. evil" story, was pretty interesting. And anything with Harrison Ford in it is worth seeing at least once.

I agree with you when it first came out the special effects were actually the best at the time a breakthrough in cinema.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
well i do not hate Star War's i just do not like it, i understand why a lot of people love it, but i just did not like it. If you want to hate on Titanic you can, a lot of people do but it will not change the fact that Titanic is the most watched film ever and was for a time the plantets favorite film to watch ever thems the fact's, maybe it still is i do not know. I know it is my favorite film ever, but if you want to hate on it you can, everyone has there,on opinion.

Well, I'm not going to, 'cause I didn't hate it. ^_^

But I don't let my opinion of a film be dictated by whether it's most watched. I remember when it was extremely famous, kid. I was there. ^_^ I was in fourth grade when it came out. It was one of my classmate's favorite films ever. (Don't know if it still is; we didn't keep in touch.) Everyone, including me, was talking about it (though being young, pre-adolescent boys, my friend and I weren't talking about the beautiful, tearjacking music, the heartfelt yet tragic romance that is a great parallel for the ship itself, or the excellent, compelling writing; we were talking about the fact that you see a girl's breasts, and that "they" have sex in a car.)

I'm aware that until Avatar (same director, BTW), it was the highest grossing film of all time. (Before Titanic, I think it was Goldfinger, but I could be wrong.)

Nevertheless, it's not really a movie I'll see again. Not just because I can't stand DiCaprio (I'll hate on his performance in that and Gangs of New York all I want), but just because it's not my genre. Sure it's great at being a love story, but I'm not a huge fan of love stories in general. I do like love story subplots, but not when they're the focus. It's kind of how I feel about Romeo and Juliet.

So, honestly, when it comes to the work of James Cameron, I'll stick with Aliens and Terminator 2. :yes:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I agree with you when it first came out the special effects were actually the best at the time a breakthrough in cinema.

And trust me when I say that it's worth paying two bucks at Rasputin for one of the 1980s VHS tapes of A New Hope and watching it on an old 1980s television (if you have one... and I do) just to experience those SERIOUSLY dated special effects in full, yellow plastic-ey glory.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't go by gross sales when it comes to movies. Movies were a lot cheaper when Gone With The Wind was out in 1939, but I bet more people went to see it if you go by how tickets were sold instead. ;) Nowadays, people have television, which wasn't around in 1939. :)

Titanic

Well, I'm not going to, 'cause I didn't hate it. ^_^

But I don't let my opinion of a film be dictated by whether it's most watched. I remember when it was extremely famous, kid. I was there. ^_^ I was in fourth grade when it came out. It was one of my classmate's favorite films ever. (Don't know if it still is; we didn't keep in touch.) Everyone, including me, was talking about it (though being young, pre-adolescent boys, my friend and I weren't talking about the beautiful, tearjacking music, the heartfelt yet tragic romance that is a great parallel for the ship itself, or the excellent, compelling writing; we were talking about the fact that you see a girl's breasts, and that "they" have sex in a car.)

I'm aware that until Avatar (same director, BTW), it was the highest grossing film of all time. (Before Titanic, I think it was Goldfinger, but I could be wrong.)

Nevertheless, it's not really a movie I'll see again. Not just because I can't stand DiCaprio (I'll hate on his performance in that and Gangs of New York all I want), but just because it's not my genre. Sure it's great at being a love story, but I'm not a huge fan of love stories in general. I do like love story subplots, but not when they're the focus. It's kind of how I feel about Romeo and Juliet.

So, honestly, when it comes to the work of James Cameron, I'll stick with Aliens and Terminator 2. :yes:

I sometime's wish i could have played in titanic.

Titanic

I don't blame you. That would have DEFINITELY landed you a great career. (Unless you were just an extra... but I bet you'd still be fine with that, huh? ^_^)

yes your right i would of been fine with being a extra in the movie just to have been in it, it would have been awesome. To of played the role of Jack Dawson well that would have been one of the most awesome thing's ever in my opinion. Leo was lucky to have played in it. I hope he knew how lucky he was.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
yes your right i would of been fine with being a extra in the movie just to have been in it, it would have been awesome. To of played the role of Jack Dawson well that would have been one of the most awesome thing's ever in my opinion. Leo was lucky to have played in it. I hope he knew how lucky he was.

Considering that it put him on the film map and guaranteed him a career, I should hope he does realize that.

But I know how you feel. It's how I feel about the Lord of the Rings films. :yes: I'd have LOVED to have been one of the Riders of Rohan... too bad I don't know how to ride a horse. ^_^

Titanic

Considering that it put him on the film map and guaranteed him a career, I should hope he does realize that.

But I know how you feel. It's how I feel about the Lord of the Rings films. :yes: I'd have LOVED to have been one of the Riders of Rohan... too bad I don't know how to ride a horse. ^_^

yeah man, it's depressing sometime's knowing how lucky some other people can be and it seems like you can never catch a break. I will say this though, if i could have been an actor back then i definitely would have auditioned for that role, oh well nothing i can do about it. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Titanic, i really love the movie but at the same time it kind of get's me down knowing i could never do anything like that. maybe i am just a little to obsessive with Titanic perhap's?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
yeah man, it's depressing sometime's knowing how lucky some other people can be and it seems like you can never catch a break. I will say this though, if i could have been an actor back then i definitely would have auditioned for that role, oh well nothing i can do about it. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Titanic, i really love the movie but at the same time it kind of get's me down knowing i could never do anything like that. maybe i am just a little to obsessive with Titanic perhap's?

Well... it is your username. :yes:

But if you love a movie, I say love away.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Perhaps the worst movie in existence is Kill Bill vol 1-2. Being a big asian cinema fan I have always viewed it as an inferior mockery to legitimate Wu Xia movies.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have just came back home after viewing Iron Man 3 in theaters.
I advise everyone to not see this movie. It is not what you think it is :(

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood....was there seriously an unexplored aspect of Leprechaun: In the Hood that was so interesting that a sequel was warranted?

Kerr

Speaking of bad movies, I found this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ucDwRJXQA[/youtube]
(Part 1 is just a 42 second intro.)

Last edited: