• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worshipping Lord Shiva

Namaste ! i am an ex shia muslim and after leaving my religion i have been drawn to a lot of other faiths. I studied a lot of religions but i find myself very much attracted to Lord Shiva i dont know why. I am wondering as a non indian can i become a Shivaite and Worship Him or it is really necessary to be an indian to worship Him ? Thank you all

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't have to be Indian to worship Lord Shiva. He is open to everyone :) Even Asuras!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
First try to know him if you don't: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva
shiva.jpg
Shiva Nataraja (Shiva, the king of dancers)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Namaste ! i am an ex shia muslim and after leaving my religion i have been drawn to a lot of other faiths. I studied a lot of religions but i find myself very much attracted to Lord Shiva i dont know why. I am wondering as a non indian can i become a Shivaite and Worship Him or it is really necessary to be an indian to worship Him ? Thank you all
I don't have much to add I didn't say in your other thread. Aup's answer is astute. You see, many people view Siva differently. There are several sects and versions within Saivism, and other Hindus see Him differently too. So it would be beneficial maybe to explore some of those, if you're actually interested in proceeding in a diligent way.

shivsomashekhar

Yes, you can be a Shaiva. It has nothing to do with being Indian.

Look for a Shiva Linga that you can keep in your home. If not, a picture of Shiva will do. There are plenty of online resources that can help with methods of worship.

If there is a local Shaiva temple (Shiva, Ganesha/Ganapathi, etc.,), try and visit the temple on Pradosham days (twice a month). Devotees show up with milk and honey and the priest will pour them on the lingam while chanting Rudram (Yajur Veda). You can find Pradosham days using online calendars and the temple should be publishing times.

Rudram chant -