• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worship of Manasa Devi

SeRe

Hello Dear Members,

Can someone familiar with the worship of Manasa Devi please post here? I would like to know the following:

1. The ritual and procedure for her worship
2. The offerings she likes
3. Is she worshipped using an idol or picture, or a tree branch or cactus or snake idol?
4. Any particular day that is dedicated to her
5. Her main mantra
6. Any other personal experiences with this Devi

I believe she is extensively worshipped in Bengal, North India, Andhra Pradesh. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Namaste,

I'm a beginner like you, and not a Shakta, but did you check out Wikipedia?

Manasa - Wikipedia

I have a knack for those Chant Central videos. They create a kind of special atmosphere. You can sing along although this one is a bit fast.

SeRe

Namaste,

I'm a beginner like you, and not a Shakta, but did you check out Wikipedia?

Manasa - Wikipedia

I have a knack for those Chant Central videos. They create a kind of special atmosphere. You can sing along although this one is a bit fast.

Thank you. Yes, I checked Wikipedia and YouTube. I'm looking for more first hand information from a Manasa Devi devotee. I would like to know the details of her worship.