• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World of Warcraft (Nerds Only)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Okay so seeing how some of you have played the MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) WoW, tell me the following:

1) What faction were you? (Hord or Alliance)

2) What was your class?

3) Were you a casual or raider?

4) Share any funny experiences playing the game

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
While I do not play, I did read about the Corrupted Blood incident in 2005. A virtual pandemic that spread across the plains of Azeroth wiping out low level players and NCP's with reckless abandon.

I personally think that was interesting that virtual unintended plagues occur. And the Plague spreading guilds that popped up in order to spread the disease. And cleanse the lands of all the noobs. I bet the frame rate was astounding during that week of wanton death. But where to sell your wares with no NPC's left alive?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I've played in both factions, but Alliance for most of that time. Currently I'm Horde though, which is a nice change. I mained priest for... years, with druid a close second. That said I'm reasonably familiar with all healing classes apart from monk, because that's the sort of player I am. Raids are one of the main reasons I play, but I took a break for several expansions, so I'd say I'm a casual raider these days.

Any funny experience? I have way too many, it's the reason I play. But way back in the day, when ICC was a thing, I really enjoyed myself when we tackled Sindragosa with the guild. We spent weeks and weeks butting our heads against it, lots of chaos ensued but we all had loads of fun. Some of my best memories playing any game are from there and I doubt I'll ever get to have quite the same sort of perfect blend of people to play with.

Jumi

Can't say I remember too much about it since it was maybe ten years ago? Played trolls because my favorites were those trolls in Warcraft 3. We used to do stuff like my friend's warrior would be doing quests and I was hiding near him and would sap those rogues that snuck up on him and then we'd get some honor points. ;) Mostly played the battlegrounds, so we never got to the end game. I guess you could say casual we were purely casual.

von bek

When I played I had two main characters. My Alliance character was a human warlock. My Horde character was a blood elf priest.

Flame

Beware

Shad

Veteran Member

I play both although lately I have played more Alliance due to changing servers and guilds.

2) What was your class?

Priest Alliance, Shaman Horde. Those are the two I am going into the expansion with

Casual now. I use to be hardcore; Server firsts, raid achievements, arena 2s, etc.

Not off the top of my head.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't played most of this expansion but I mained an undead mage since vanilla, and a troll druid once those became a thing.

I've done both the raiding thing and the casual thing at different points in the game. I used to be the mount collecting type. Well over 200 mounts.

suncowiam

Okay so seeing how some of you have played the MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) WoW, tell me the following:

2) What was your class?

I was a horde troll hunter.

I once played with a friend of mine who brought along another friend of hers. We were just friends but I felt like a third wheel because all they were doing were flirting the whole time while I was actually trying to gain xp and objectives. They eventually married a bit later and I joke about it with them all the time.

She used me as a dating companion online because she wasn't sure how it would go.

Also, I was pretty casual. Played mostly by myself.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Interesting. I just came back to playing after a long hiatus since WOTLK. Man just raiding alone is pretty easy now considering I'm ilvl927 but I didn't realize doing mythic would raise my ilvl and these are regular mythic dungeons so now I'm just gonna stick with mythic+ dungeons.

Shad

Veteran Member
For me the looking for group (custom search) system enabled me to raid within my schedule without compromising or cost such as guild searching on forums, server transfers or having to raid during work nights all the time. Before I was raiding 4-5 times week due 10m and then the guild 25m. Now I can just play on Fridays (day off) and accomplish what I want.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My main (to let you know how long it's been since I really played) is/was an Undead Warlock, changed to a Blood Elf eventually, and I mostly did PvP.
One of the funnier moments was as I was waiting for the zeppelin at Undercity to take off and head to Ogrimmar, I accepted a duel. Eventually the zeppelin departed, and this guy didn't have much health left on him, and the fear spell he was under made him run off the zeppelin (still in Terrisfall Glade) and plummet to his death. His friend ran to the side of the zeppelin, and said something about "my friend....you killed him," and then he started laughing. Another funny is real corpse camping, when you kill a player in the environment, and make a campfire to sit around waiting for the player to get back to their corpse and respawn. And then there was a battleground once, Alterac Valley, that I started and played on until I had to leave for work, and then when I logged on after work (about 9 hours later) and joined AV I was put back into the same game I logged off from.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Interesting. I just came back to playing after a long hiatus since WOTLK. Man just raiding alone is pretty easy now considering I'm ilvl927 but I didn't realize doing mythic would raise my ilvl and these are regular mythic dungeons so now I'm just gonna stick with mythic+ dungeons.
Yeah, no. WOTLK is really the only thing in that post I know and recognize. The game I so loved just doesn't really exist anymore, and has transformed into something I don't recognize.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yeah, no. WOTLK is really the only thing in that post I know and recognize. The game I so loved just doesn't really exist anymore, and has transformed into something I don't recognize.

Yeah it changed since WOTLK. In reality, it changed since Vanilla. I really miss the raids in the alliance zones.