• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World’s Most Persecuted Minority

julio.2

It is true that Christians face fierce persecution in many parts of the world. And I would like to see more atheists and agnostics and other non-Christians in the west realize and acknowledge this fact. We are talking about serious religious persecution, and we should all speak out against it.
God's role as prosecutor will soon be upon us all. Nothing will be hidden from him, all the guilt will be perfectly clear to him. He will re-pay each one according to their deeds. There isn't an Religion based on God's instructions in Isaiah. The Light spoke of has been seen by so very few. They have all been led astray by their leaders. They all will be persecuted and prosecuted, those who are worshippers of idols. That cry, "Save Me" to an idol who can't save himself. The Lord thy God is the only Saviour, the only True God ever to be, he who gives Spirit to all that walk on the Earth.
14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Yeshe Dondrub

Kagyupa OBT-Thubetan

Somehow if feels like we're going backwards straight into the dark ages again. What a sad world where people insist in not learning anything valuable including the most basic principle of respect and love one another.

While there is a move to want people to believe Christians are the most persecuted, and yes in some small regions they are. Christians are still the majority religion in the world, Islam in second, non-secular or affiliated in third, Hinduism and Buddhism following.

Buddhism has been as persecuted and attacked by Muslims and Christians as well, even through invasions into areas where Buddhism was thriving. We saw this is Burma, India and other regions. Where it was nearly whipped out and many monks slaughtered while they meditated and offered compassion and refuge to them. Some Buddhist supporters (while not true Buddhist) were the only defense. Even Hinduism and other beliefs were attacked.

If you are talking non-religious groups. Then Homosexuals, pagan groups, and some ethnic groups are those most persecuted by the majority groups. Not simply Christian against islam, islam against Christian, Jew against Islam, Islam against Jew Abrahamic supremacy issues. We are talking combined majorities suppressing with even more brutal force. Compassion is lost by the desire to control with power and ego.

Christianity is the majority not minority.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Ok, I think people are getting too hung up on terms like "most", and "minority". And I can understand and appreciate the impulse to be factually accurate. So yes, Christians are obviously not a minority world wide. And are they really the "most" persecuted? Hard to say, but this is not and should not be a contest.

I think what is happening here is what often happens, people are so invested in debating the headline that they miss the story.

The point is that Christians are severely persecuted in many parts of the world, their lives are threatened, Churches are burned, freedom of religion is denied, and forced out of their homes. And that this is drastically under reported in the west. And this is something we need to acknowledge, understand and oppose. And it should be opposed by people of all religions, and of no religion.

Yeshe Dondrub

Kagyupa OBT-Thubetan
Ok, I think people are getting too hung up on terms like "most", and "minority". And I can understand and appreciate the impulse to be factually accurate. So yes, Christians are obviously not a minority world wide. And are they really the "most" persecuted? Hard to say, but this is not and should not be a contest.

I think what is happening here is what often happens, people are so invested in debating the headline that they miss the story.

The point is that Christians are severely persecuted in many parts of the world, their lives are threatened, Churches are burned, freedom of religion is denied, and forced out of their homes. And that this is drastically under reported in the west. And this is something we need to acknowledge, understand and oppose. And it should be opposed by people of all religions, and of no religion.

In reflection the video, most posted in reflection of fact. Are they the "most persecuted Minority"? No. They are not the most persecuted nor are they a minority. Nor does the video reflect it properly. If they are in a majority Muslim area, sure it would be perceived that way. If they are in India, no, India has always been a varied belief, supporting various religious system, except during European occupation.

I have spent time in may regions, and Christianity is most often the least persecuted, except in more extreme Islam nations. Then again Islam is persecuted more now in western areas then before, and many have escaped the extremist Islam views to have a more balanced Islamic way.

When things are misrepresented using a non-complete point of view, a misrepresentation forms.

No-one of any faith should be persecuted, but in turn they must be completely honest and not do the same. Nor-claim to be persecuted more then those who they persecute themselves.

All people at some point are persecuted by others for some reason based on their views. While in some more remote areas Christians are persecuted in the true since. Others feel they are persecuted for their beliefs, when their beliefs are harming others. Their ego becomes attacked but often we can do better for all, when we allow our ego is helped to subside.

joshua3886

Great Purple Hippo
Since when is 2 billion people a minority?
And going back to the Dark Ages? Christians are the ones who started the Dark Ages. Freeing humanity from the shackles of religion is a sign of going forward, not backwards. Like Sigmund Freud said, religion was only needed during humanity's infancy to keep us from murdering each other, but now that society has matured we need to remove the training wheels. Religion slows us down just like the training wheels on a bike slow you down. Religious people are the ones trying to keep evolution from being taught in public schools, so most of our children are ignorant about biology. No religion = faster scientific advancement.

Additionally, your video is just crazy. All non-Islamic religions are persecuted in Islamic countries.

Servant_of_the_One1

I would say Muslims are the most persecuted minority worldwide. Gitmo, harasshment at the airports, drone attacks that turns your wedding into massacre, rohingya in Burma, Kashmiri muslims, ritual slaughter banned in some parts of Europe, Treatment of muslims in China, Palestinians. The list is endless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I think Christians and Muslims are the most complaining, persecuted or not. Hindus have been persecuted in some Muslim countries and some other places (Fiji for example), we do not complain that much.