• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Work out your own salvation...Philippians 2:12

k4c

I like the fact that the verse says, "Work out your own salvation'. It doesn't say, "Work for your salvation".

God doesn't force our muscles to work out our salvation, He changes our desires by opening our eyes to see the value of His ways.
slider_puppykisses.gif

Sultan Of Swing

I like the fact that the verse says, "Work out your own salvation'. It doesn't say, "Work for your salvation".

God doesn't force our muscles to work out our salvation, He changes our desires by opening our eyes to see the value of His ways.
slider_puppykisses.gif
Right. The Christian is saved, now go out and work, delight in the Lord!

k4c

Right. The Christian is saved, now go out and work, delight in the Lord!

Amen!

When I read the Bible I find three phases of the word, salvation. The first phase is, we are saved, the second is, we are being saved and the third is, we will be saved.

The first phase is all God. We have no power to perform the first act of salvation because it involves justification. The second phase needs our cooperation because it involves sanctification. We have to cooperate with God's saving work being performed within us. The third phase is glorification, which takes place at Jesus' second coming. This is basically the byproduct of the first two phases.