• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wookie's Introduction

Wookiemonster

The*****isBack
My name is Casey and I’ve been married a wonderful man named Wesley for almost a year now, after having dated for three. We have a daughter named Ziva who just turned 10 months last week. She is a soon to be walking bundle of joy that keeps me hopping as a SAHM (stay at home mom). With Wesley’s new job we are in the process of moving 4 states away and starting a “new” life. Part of this life is beginning the process of converting to Judaism. This is something that we have thought/talked/studied/prayed about for almost a year now and have found ourselves in the blessed position to be moving to an area with a medium sized and very active Synagogue.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or in a PM and I will get back to you ASAP.

Shalom
Wookie

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Glad to have you on board, Casey! If you don't mind me asking, what was your religious affiliation (if you had one) before Judaism? What in particular led you down the path that you are on now?

Wookiemonster

The*****isBack
Glad to have you on board, Casey! If you don't mind me asking, what was your religious affiliation (if you had one) before Judaism? What in particular led you down the path that you are on now?

I don't mind at all.

I was Christian.

Here's a short list of some of the things that lead me to this path.

1)Never understood why Christians only use the parts of the "Old tTestement" that refer to Jesus and the Ten Comandment's.

2)Don't belive in the Triniry.

3)After study of the Tanakh I reject that notion that Christ is the Messiah.

4)Belife that Christianty in it's modern day formation (a new religion rather than a sect of Judaism) was created and based around the teaching of Saul, not Christ.

There are more, but the list would get to long. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Shalom
Wookie