• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woodstock 50 year celebration?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My dad got the album and i spent much of my childhood listening to the music which i loved. It helped mould my taste in music.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Most of the artist have pulled out.

It's a dead scene for a bunch of fake *** people anyways so its ok.

Talking about world peace and saving the environment whilst raping women in the crowd and leaving behind literal tons of garbage. Gotta love the liberal hypocrisy.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
never did understand the world of Woodstock worship.... and I don’t live far from there and I have been to the village of Woodstock. I don’t think they’re over it yet either still living in the past there

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
never did understand the world of Woodstock worship....

I think it's appeal is two-fold. At least, that's how I experienced it. I grew up in the 80s and 90s and for some reason have always been captivated by the whole woodstock thing - must have seen the movie dozens of times and played the records hundreds of times. I first heared the drum solo on Soul Sacrifice (Santana) when I was about 15. It blew me away and got me determined to play the drums. Got my first kit at 16 and am still playing till this day.

So the appeal of the woodstock scene to me was two-fold.
First, there was -off course- the music. Ow my god, the music.....
I've always found 60s / 70s music, especially from the hippie scene in country, blues and rock, to be extremely inspiring and well-written. It's "real". If you know what I mean. I loved how you could hear a mistake left and right. I loved how the vocals weren't always perfectly on pitch. I loved how the guitar solo's were more about intuition and gut then it was about stringing 64th notes together in the most technical - almost mechanical even-, finger-breaking, manner possible.
That music really speaks to me. It's actual art. I feel the songwriters pain or hapiness or sorrow. Whereas the more "popular" music at the time (80s/90s) was, in my view anyway, extremely shallow and cheap.

I remember a movie clip on youtube from one the perfomances on youtube - I *think* it was Canned Heat - and the most liked comment read "The 60s.... back when ugly people were allowed to make music". I don't think I could sum it up better then that.

Music today is just like a bad joke, imo.

The second thing that appealed to me I think, in hindsight...
It felt (or feels still...) like Woodstock, from a rock and roll perspective, was like the "ultimate stick-it-to-the-man" event.

And off course, the whole hippie counter culture is simply fascinating. Tragic and perhaps even idiotic in some sense, yet extremely beautiful in another.

Eventhough the entire hippie culture died shortly after that, I think that the cultural impact of Woodstock 69 really can not be understimated. I think the impact was huge. I don't think it's the impact that the hippies hoped for. I think it didn't even make a dent in the things that they really were "protesting" against. Or not a serious one anyway. But I do think it had tremendous impact on the music industry, on art, on human values,... All the things that don't matter in politics, basicaly :D

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I think it's appeal is two-fold. At least, that's how I experienced it. I grew up in the 80s and 90s and for some reason have always been captivated by the whole woodstock thing - must have seen the movie dozens of times and played the records hundreds of times. I first heared the drum solo on Soul Sacrifice (Santana) when I was about 15. It blew me away and got me determined to play the drums. Got my first kit at 16 and am still playing till this day.

So the appeal of the woodstock scene to me was two-fold.
First, there was -off course- the music. Ow my god, the music.....
I've always found 60s / 70s music, especially from the hippie scene in country, blues and rock, to be extremely inspiring and well-written. It's "real". If you know what I mean. I loved how you could hear a mistake left and right. I loved how the vocals weren't always perfectly on pitch. I loved how the guitar solo's were more about intuition and gut then it was about stringing 64th notes together in the most technical - almost mechanical even-, finger-breaking, manner possible.
That music really speaks to me. It's actual art. I feel the songwriters pain or hapiness or sorrow. Whereas the more "popular" music at the time (80s/90s) was, in my view anyway, extremely shallow and cheap.

I remember a movie clip on youtube from one the perfomances on youtube - I *think* it was Canned Heat - and the most liked comment read "The 60s.... back when ugly people were allowed to make music". I don't think I could sum it up better then that.

Music today is just like a bad joke, imo.

The second thing that appealed to me I think, in hindsight...
It felt (or feels still...) like Woodstock, from a rock and roll perspective, was like the "ultimate stick-it-to-the-man" event.

And off course, the whole hippie counter culture is simply fascinating. Tragic and perhaps even idiotic in some sense, yet extremely beautiful in another.

Eventhough the entire hippie culture died shortly after that, I think that the cultural impact of Woodstock 69 really can not be understimated. I think the impact was huge. I don't think it's the impact that the hippies hoped for. I think it didn't even make a dent in the things that they really were "protesting" against. Or not a serious one anyway. But I do think it had tremendous impact on the music industry, on art, on human values,... All the things that don't matter in politics, basicaly :D

I grew up in the 60s ad 70s and I get the musical bit. The hippie bit meh, its the worship of the thing I simply do not get.