• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women Or Men Who Do You Prefer To Work With

Circle_One

Well considering I'm a concert promoter and a booking agent, I MUCHLY prefer to work with guys.

Gotta love those hot musician boys, mmmm. :D ;)

Yerda

Veteran Member
Women are generally easier to chat with I find, so make good work colleagues. I prefer to have a joke and carry on with the guys, so they aren't as good an influence in the work place. I worked with one of my best friends for a few months last year, I got busted for skiving every five minutes when we were on the same shift.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
jacquie4000 said:
Who Do You Prefer To Work With And Why?

A General mix is nice.

But if I have to work with to many women I do not like it. I feel like they can be more vicious to one another is so many ways. Once I worked in a place with all women it seemed liked there was always some kinda drama going on. I am by no means putting down women I am one:D . I just find it easier to work with more men than women.

I was Going To Put This In General Discussion, But I was Not Sure Where It Was Going To Lead, So If It Needs Moved Please Do So.

I have a problem working with most men because of the ego thing and this need to have npower over each other by constantly trying to **** each other off. But at the same time I have trouble with the tendancey of women to gossip.

I work alone. Does it show? :areyoucra

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
jacquie4000 said:

A General mix is nice.

But if I have to work with to many women I do not like it. I feel like they can be more vicious to one another is so many ways. Once I worked in a place with all women it seemed liked there was always some kinda drama going on. I am by no means putting down women I am one:D . I just find it easier to work with more men than women.

I was Going To Put This In General Discussion, But I was Not Sure Where It Was Going To Lead, So If It Needs Moved Please Do So.
I have a problem working with most men because of the ego thing and this need to have npower over each other by constantly trying to **** each other off. But at the same time I have trouble with the tendancey of women to gossip.

I work alone. Does it show? :areyoucra

anders

Short answer:
cardero said:
Women. They are more responsible, better conversationalists and I have more in common with them.
Long rant:
Especially before a stroke cum brain infarction changed a lot of me, I was almost an invalid when it came to human interaction. I could spell 'psychology', but there was where it ended.

But on one occasion, I had all the correct answers. I had applied for a translator position. My impressive CV made the company concerned get me to Brussels. A girl, noticeably my junior, met me at the airport. Her car was not more tidy or large than necessary. I smelled, however, the proverbial rat, so on our way to the office, I neutrally asked, "What's your position in the company?" I suspected that she might not be just a secretary sent on an errand. Her reply, "I'm the owner."

I was even more surprised, when she during the subsequent interview asked, "How would you feel about having a woman as your superior?"

You guessed my answer. OF COURSE it is only a matter of competence, not gender.

Obliquely approaching the question of the thread, I have generally found it less complicated to interact with the opposite sex than with other males. One reason might be that I rather seldom met my father, the sea-captain, but grew up mainly together with mother and two younger sisters. Anyway, the resulting understanding of a woman's point of view has sometimes been quite useful.

According to statistics and surveys, I have had more long-lasting relationships than your average guy. I'm happy to be able to tell you that I regularily mail my first fiancée (Freudian slip? I almost wrote 'maul', but that's not the case) and see my ex-wife on average at least once a month - and her new hubby is ever so happy that I help her out with her computer). My last (latest?) fiancée calls me whenever she has a serious problem, because, she says, she can't trust anybody else.

The person outside of blood relations I see most often is a much younger girl whom I met in Chinese uni class. (Google 'protégé'). We had a marvellous time travelling India for some two months.

And on it goes. Work or not, I prefer girls. Or, at 63, I should perhaps say 'women'.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hema said:
At the place I worked before, most of the young ladies made really catty comments about other girls. They made fun of their boss who was a really nice gentleman. I have heard that some female bosses try to be overly aggressive in the workplace because thay think that they will not be taken as seriously as the men. However, I'm sure all female bosses are not like that. Sometimes, when I go into a store, I find that if the sales clerk is a guy he might be more willing to assist me (Perhaps because I'm female).

My wife would agree with you; she aleways said that, given the choice, she would work with men...

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I prefer to work with women. I'm a take charge kinda person, so even if I am not officially someone's superior, I have have no problem delagating tasks and organizing others to get the job done, (I'm not "bossy" about it though, people just seem to look to me for guidance). This seems to happen easier with women than with men.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've enjoyed working with both men and women. Some jobs I've had have been almost all women, and some have been almost all men. In both cases, I've had a blast.

It's my experience that neither gender is harder to supervise than the other, and also that it doesn't matter to me whether my boss is male or female.

Random

I love working with both sexes. I think it is a hallmark of how far we've progressed in social terms that we can say a place or person that discriminates against either their own or the opposite sex is clinging to an old, out-of-date prejudice.

Ozzie

jacquie4000 said:

A General mix is nice.

I think it depends on the industry, and the culture of the organisation.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Well, I don't WORK per se, but if we have a group project or something at school, I would prefer to be in a group with guys, and maybe one or two of my close gal friends. With guys, I just feel more in control, like I can boss them around and stuff (hehe, I like to be the boss), and oddly enough, I act more like myself around guys. Girls are just evil...at my school anyway...and, unless I just know them really well, they intimidate me big time. Weird huh?

Ðanisty

Oh, I don't even have to think about this. I would definitely prefer to work with more men. Actually, I'd be fine working with all men.