• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women Or Men Who Do You Prefer To Work With

jacquie4000

Who Do You Prefer To Work With And Why?

A General mix is nice.

But if I have to work with to many women I do not like it. I feel like they can be more vicious to one another is so many ways. Once I worked in a place with all women it seemed liked there was always some kinda drama going on. I am by no means putting down women I am one:D . I just find it easier to work with more men than women.

I was Going To Put This In General Discussion, But I was Not Sure Where It Was Going To Lead, So If It Needs Moved Please Do So.

Mavrikmind

I have no problem working with either sex. Just as long as they can pull their weight. that applies to men or women. I can't stand someone that refuses to do their fair share.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
At the place I worked before, most of the young ladies made really catty comments about other girls. They made fun of their boss who was a really nice gentleman. I have heard that some female bosses try to be overly aggressive in the workplace because thay think that they will not be taken as seriously as the men. However, I'm sure all female bosses are not like that. Sometimes, when I go into a store, I find that if the sales clerk is a guy he might be more willing to assist me (Perhaps because I'm female).

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think a mix is best
they each tend to counter the poor points of the other and stop things getting out of line.
In stores, some people are naturally helpful and others are not.
I don't mean pushing to get a sale. I mean really helping to sort problems.
I don't find sex to be an issue in this.

some of the most able managers I have known have been women.. but not always the easiest for their staff to get along with.
As I was managing most of my life, My own bosses tended to be senior managers. I found they were always easy to get along with, but I never experienced a female one.

The female of the species tends to mother me. One might have expected this effect to have waned now that I am in my fifties. No chance: whether six or 106 I gain a new mother. It is probably something to do with my baby-like facial features. Anyway, I am now very good at exploiting this mothering effect and would always choose to work with women. Not that I would have to do much of the work!
My sister once worked for a jeans manufacturer where there were several hundred women and about three men. Sounded fine to me but she hated it,

jacquie4000

It is probably something to do with my baby-like facial features. Anyway, I am now very good at exploiting this mothering effect and would always choose to work with women. Not that I would have to do much of the work!

So you have them at your mercy in a manner of speaking..........lol

Booko

Deviled Hen
jacquie4000 said:
But if I have to work with to many women I do not like it. I feel like they can be more vicious to one another is so many ways. Once I worked in a place with all women it seemed liked there was always some kinda drama going on. I am by no means putting down women I am one:D . I just find it easier to work with more men than women.

Exactly my experience, Jacquie. But then, my approach to work has always been very "businesslike" (i.e. masculine), so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

When women work as a group, they do have more of a tendency to work as equals, which is nice if you can find that without the cattiness that often comes with it. :cover: I prefer that to the hierarchical methods men use.

Men do compartmentalize much better, though -- you can say something thath doesn't support their idea, and they don't take it so personally.

A mix may be the best of both worlds. It tends to counter some of the silliness.

jacquie4000

Exactly my experience, Jacquie. But then, my approach to work has always been very "businesslike" (i.e. masculine), so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Me too. But that is also how I got ahead.

RevOxley_501

there is no win win situation here...women always talk bad about each other and gossip, guys are usually racists or perverts(around here anyway)... we have both women and men here, and neither are pleasant enough

<prays for eunichs(sp?)

jacquie4000

there is no win win situation here...women always talk bad about each other and gossip, guys are usually racists or perverts(around here anyway)... we have both women and men here, and neither are pleasant enough

Why I am sorry I would not want to work in that enviroment.

RevOxley_501

well i mean, i love my job, and my coworkers are pretty cool. but there is always some sort of drama or fight to the top going on...

typical capitalism

jacquie4000

well i mean, i love my job, and my coworkers are pretty cool. but there is always some sort of drama or fight to the top going on...

Yeah for a long time it was like that at my job. We had a tunover for a period of time until we got the office set up straight. So lots of drama. Now everyone fits nicely together. I although stay at home between 2-3 days a week, It is just as easy to do my job from here.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
jacquie4000 said:

A General mix is nice.

That pretty much says it for me too :) but I'll add that I prefer to work with men unless I'm good friends with one of the women.

Capt. Haddock

Evil Mouse
Male or female, young or old, black or white, any way you slice it: wage slavery sucks and always will and there's nothing that can be done about it. I can only stand to work independently. I've hated every "job" I've ever had. The only way I can survive it is by ignoring everyone and everything and focus on the mantra: "I'm getting paid, I'm getting paid." Numb yourself to the pain and coast along for as long as you can.

Booko

Deviled Hen
jacquie4000 said:
Me too. But that is also how I got ahead.

I got ahead by being "businesslike" as well -- as long as I was working with men.

Or maybe the problem was, when I got switched to a unit that was mostly women, it was a majority of Southern women. Uh...they don't tend to operate like Midwesterner women do, that's for sure.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Capt. Haddock said:
Male or female, young or old, black or white, any way you slice it: wage slavery sucks and always will and there's nothing that can be done about it. I can only stand to work independently. I've hated every "job" I've ever had. The only way I can survive it is by ignoring everyone and everything and focus on the mantra: "I'm getting paid, I'm getting paid." Numb yourself to the pain and coast along for as long as you can.

That's been most of my jobs, save one. I did a contract with IBM for a year, in the Education and Training department, and I can honestly say I have never worked with a better bunch of people. Everyone was just trying to do what needed to be done to complete the task at hand, and there were no egos involved.

It was...heavenly. :angel2:

It was a mixed bunch of folks, too. Ages ranged from 20-60, different races and cultures, educational backgrounds, yadayada, and people just go along.

The only problem we ever had was a busybody from another area who used to some spy on us so she could dig up dirt and try and get us in trouble. Once we figured that out, we consulted about it as a group, and three of us went to speak to her discreetly in person, and just mentioned that we knew her game, and if she didn't stop, we'd be happy to spill the dirt we had on her to her boss.

Of course, we had no dirt, but someone who operates like that...well, they seem to assume everyone operates like that.

She left us alone after that. :D

jacquie4000

The only problem we ever had was a busybody from another area who used to some spy on us so she could dig up dirt and try and get us in trouble. Once we figured that out, we consulted about it as a group, and three of us went to speak to her discreetly in person, and just mentioned that we knew her game, and if she didn't stop, we'd be happy to spill the dirt we had on her to her boss.

Their always seems to be either one in the group or close by...lol It is like if everyone is getting along something is not quite right. Heavens forbide a business run like a business.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
jacquie4000 said:
I kind of like working with a mix of men and women. There was a time (a very long time, actually) when the mere thought of working under a woman (i.e. having a woman supervisor) just about sent me into a cold sweat. I've found a lot of women supervisors to be so insecure about their positions that they cannot resist the inpulse to lord it over their "subordinates." I have a woman boss now, though, and she is one incredible woman. As a matter of fact, I've been working for 40 years now and she is, without a doubt, the most intelligent, capable, fair, decent individual I've ever had the privilege of working for -- man or woman. Besides that, she is a personal friend, which is a huge added bonus!