• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman jailed for trying to enter football stadium in Iran sets herself on fire

danieldemol

Premium Member
‘A woman who was jailed for trying to watch a men's football match in Iran is reportedly fighting for her life after setting herself on fire outside a courthouse in Tehran on Monday.

According to the Centre for Human Rights in Iran, the 29-year-old woman's sister told Iran media outlet, Rokna News, that her sister had been arrested and imprisoned after attempting to enter Tehran's Azadi Stadium in March.

"After being taken to [Gharchak] Prison in Varamin [city], my sister suffered a lot of mental issues and felt terrified,” her sister reportedly told Rokna News, who did not publish the woman's identity.’

Read more here:

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Gotta be one of the strangest stories I've heard lately and there have been a ton of them.

(btw, wrong DIR)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
‘A woman who was jailed for trying to watch a men's football match in Iran is reportedly fighting for her life after setting herself on fire outside a courthouse in Tehran on Monday.

According to the Centre for Human Rights in Iran, the 29-year-old woman's sister told Iran media outlet, Rokna News, that her sister had been arrested and imprisoned after attempting to enter Tehran's Azadi Stadium in March.

"After being taken to [Gharchak] Prison in Varamin [city], my sister suffered a lot of mental issues and felt terrified,” her sister reportedly told Rokna News, who did not publish the woman's identity.’

Read more here:
Women can't watch mens football in Iran again?

In 2018 there were small groups of women allowed , but I guess in Iran it's a sin for women to see "half naked men" to play.

Iran opens door to women at football but will anything really change?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
her sister had been arrested and imprisoned after attempting to enter Tehran's Azadi Stadium in March.
I make my decisions based on "common sense before Divine sense". Some religions need to accept some serious updates IMO

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I make my decisions based on "common sense before Divine sense". Some religions need to accept some serious updates IMO

I have serious doubts that the problem is purely about religion.

People like Robert Mugabe, Idi Amin, Kim Jong-il etc don’t need a religious justification. But if such a justification were available...

The seductive appeal of absolute power has nothing specifically to do with religion or the lack of it.

I’m sure that Islamic fundamentalism in Iran is also real, and I know that the majority of Iranian people despise the theocracy.

I’m just not convinced that the psychos running the country are entirely motivated by religion.

Wolves in clerics’ clothing ?

stvdv

I have serious doubts that the problem is purely about religion.
People like ... Kim Jong-il etc don’t need a religious justification
Nice example ... Kim Jong-il, is seen as a God in North Korea. And from his behavior I get the feeling that he might almost believe it himself
So Him believing to be God, you are right that he does not need religious justification
But in a weird way I can see it is kind of motivated by religion (or maybe better sect, cult or something like that)

I’m just not convinced that the psychos running the country are entirely motivated by religion.
That is true IMO. Psychos running the country has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. Can't be further away from "true Religion" (Love etc)
I studied narcissism. "Wolves in sheep's clothing" is the analogy that is used all the time.

It's all about Power and Money and Sex. And all three intertwined. Has nothing to do with Love (Religion, Spirituality)
But I also see this trio (Power, Money, Sex) in Religious organisations. But again, I won't call it Spirituality

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
If they are going to have public exhibition sports, but not allow the public in, they should just get get rid of the men's football program and other such programs.

stvdv

Gotcha.
Me too.
That was my guess when reading your reply

Apart from psychologists and psychiatrists, who are just about the only people who study narcissism ?
The ones having had first hand experiences living with a narcissist (if they are lucky)
Even some psychologists and psychiatrists sometimes have "more than useful" narcissistic traits in them I experienced (you find them in any field)

Doing OK ?
Thank you. Much better, since I discovered about Narcissism the puzzle pieces fell together
Are you doing OK?

Last edited:

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Knowledge is a needed antidote in my experience

One of my web names is antidotananda, lol. ‘Bliss of the antidote’

In my experience, recovery also involves seeing the process all over the place. Particularly in politics and religion.

I look at the population trying to work out who is f***ing them over, and can’t help but feel that unconscious complicity is usually why they can’t find the guilty party.

stvdv

unconscious complicity is usually why they can’t find the guilty party
Amazing, all the things you mentioned sound very familiar. Other side of the globe, similar insights.
But "unconscious complicity" is a new one for me:) ... interesting concept ... makes sense

Like pedophiles. Experts at what I call karmaflage.
karmaflage: Also a new one, I never heard before. Very creative. Though this "word creativity" I do recognize ;)

And when I see this OP ... girl sets herself on fire, because of "6 month prison" just for going to a match, I realize how lucky I am to live in holland.

I know a woman from Iran. She had to escape, because she would have been killed by her husband, for not wanting to follow strict Islam code (dress etc). And I thought, and told her "but there are good things in Koran and Iran also IMHO". My God (lucky I have this habit to add "IMHO") because she almost bit off my head, telling me "you don't know anything, you did not live there for 2 decades". Very true.

Now knowing about narcissism, I can pretty much imagine they have quite a few of them in that part of the world also. Reading this story seems like "being back in the Middle Ages; men on horses dragging women by their hair". I have never been there, but I trust this woman. She even went back to kidnap her daughter and bring her daughter also to Holland (very brave woman she is).