• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wolves in sheep's clothings when the light inside is darkness.

RESOLUTION

When we debate religions and look through history at the evil done using religion as a screen.
Do we as human beings really recognise the evil taking place before us?
Discuss the religions which mankind have hijacked to use as a defense for doing evil and yet the religion does not teach such evil.

Then look at Satan and how he might be behind all these things in order to destroy as many human lives as
possible.

We expect an anti-Christ we expect many things to happen and all evil, destructive and devastating to many.
God has warned that people perish for lack of knowledge and that is a lack of love of truth.

I understand this is a heavy topic intellectually and religiously. Sometimes we have to test our trains of thought and where we are going regarding those thoughts about religion, mankind and the future. Especially when it comes to God, Man and Satan in religious teachings.

So discuss the history and where you can see these things having happened.

What part are humans playing without even realising it?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
How can you ask such a question and then assume 'Satan' was behind it?
Can we say Circular Logic?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Satan is behind a lot of things, even on this forum!!

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
When we debate religions and look through history at the evil done using religion as a screen.
Discuss the religions which mankind have hijacked to use as a defense for doing evil and yet the religion does not teach such evil.

Then look at Satan and how he might be behind all these things in order to destroy as many human lives as
possible.

We expect an anti-Christ we expect many things to happen and all evil, destructive and devastating to many.
God has warned that people perish for lack of knowledge and that is a lack of love of truth.

I understand this is a heavy topic intellectually and religiously. Sometimes we have to test our trains of thought and where we are going regarding those thoughts about religion, mankind and the future. Especially when it comes to God, Man and Satan in religious teachings.

I believe satan to be a symbol for man's lower nature. When we attribute events in our lives and the world to satan we are failing to take responsibility for our own actions individually and collectively.

RESOLUTION

How can you ask such a question and then assume 'Satan' was behind it?
Can we say Circular Logic?

Let us challenge your thought trait for one moment.

If God is good and Satan Evil.
Then why isn't Satan responsible for the Evil?

Going on the revelation: " Satan is the Father of all lies" Why do you think mankind believe so many different things and are often at loggerheads with each other?

Look at Satan the serpent for a moment.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The lie was what mislead Eve to disobey God. She had the choice to believe God who had been good to her and provided for her or a serpent who only had to lie.
What do you believe was the Serpents intent? Did what he tell her bring her harm or good?

We see the Serpent/Satan/Devil has never been on the side of good or wanted good for man.

So I can ask the question based on knowledge that good and evil cannot come from the same root cause. Just as day and night cannot exist together but each must reign separately one after the other.

So now I have accounted for what I have previously said using the basis for those things. Now account for circular reasoning and why Satan would not be a cause.

RESOLUTION

I believe satan to be a symbol for man's lower nature. When we attribute events in our lives and the world to satan we are failing to take responsibility for our own actions individually and collectively.

You would call God a liar?
I know you would not deliberately or knowingly do so.
But God and Jesus Christ both made sure we knew that Satan was real.

When it comes to truth I did make representation of why people die in the original post.

Eve died because she did not believe what God told her.
What about you, do you believe what God and Christ told us?

King James Bible
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God tells us in the beginning the Serpent/Satan made mankind fall.
We see the accuser falls King James Bible
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

We all need to be careful of how we believe. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
We know that Moses and Christ revealed the above and confirmed two witnesses together.

Proverbs 4:20-22.
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Men die because they do not know or heed Gods words.
Christ and Moses knew them and lived by them.

Jude 9King James Version (KJV)
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Do you still believe the word of God supports the conclusion or Jesus and Moses? The word of God is clear even in the book of Job.
So Satan behind misleading people from the truth and causing their fall.

RESOLUTION

Christians didn't need any help from their Satan to do terrible things in the name of the bleeding Nazarene. The most dangerous possible person, after all, is someone who's convinced they know the will of their God.

Isn't that a flesh reaction? John 16:13.
John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Gods will has already been revealed it isn't a secret. John 3:16 For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish
but have eternal life.

As we said many used different religions as a shield to commit evil. Just as Satan deceived Eve. It what this thread is about. Christ taught something very different.
He spoke about loving your neighbour not hurting them. So the chance to identify Satan as the culprit he really is. If there was no God or Satan than man only has himself to blame.
Does that mean all who never did these things become as guilty as those who do?
Accountability is not by religion it is about the individuals actions.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

possible.

I don't think that Satan is something or someone who actually does anything. I think the word satan stands for something complicated that exists between people. For instance, if it were possible for only one intelligent creature to exist, there could be no satan.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can imagine the root of it.
All of them?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
You would call God a liar?

No

I know you would not deliberately or knowingly do so.

That is correct.

But God and Jesus Christ both made sure we knew that Satan was real.

They both knew that evil was real and so they created a mythical character called satan to assist us to understand the nature of the world we live in.

When it comes to truth I did make representation of why people die in the original post.

I agree that lack of knowledge and love can contribute to an early death.

Eve died because she did not believe what God told her.
What about you, do you believe what God and Christ told us?

The story of Adam and Eve is a mythological story not to be taken literally. Many Christians believe this, and so do I.

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God tells us in the beginning the Serpent/Satan made mankind fall.
We see the accuser falls King James Bible
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

These are great examples. When Jesus is quoted from John 8:44 and Luke 10:18 it is not to be taken literally but allegorically. The audience to whom He spoke had no literal devil as their father. A literal event where the devil fell from heaven is most likely a metaphor. It is simply a manner to convey a spiritual truth.

We all need to be careful of how we believe. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
We know that Moses and Christ revealed the above and confirmed two witnesses together.

We know that Jesus spoke in parables so only to communicate with the pure in heart.

Do you still believe the word of God supports the conclusion or Jesus and Moses? The word of God is clear even in the book of Job.
So Satan behind misleading people from the truth and causing their fall.

I think we also need to consider the very different ways the satan is presented when comparing the OT and NT and cultural influences that may have contributed.

RESOLUTION

I don't think that Satan is something or someone who actually does anything. I think the word satan stands for something complicated that exists between people. For instance, if it were possible for only one intelligent creature to exist, there could be no satan.

It is the greatest con of all for Satan to have people believe he does not exist.
The bible and Christ shows this not to be the case.
Hence Satan cast into the Lake of Fire at the final judgment.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is the greatest con of all for Satan to have people believe he does not exist.
The bible and Christ shows this not to be the case.
Hence Satan cast into the Lake of Fire at the final judgment.
Did you hear me say that satan doesn't exist? I did not say that.
I said, "I think the word satan stands for something complicated that exists...."

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the weirdest and worst deception that people believe in is that satan is an actual person or individual.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Isn't that a flesh reaction? John 16:13.
John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Gods will has already been revealed it isn't a secret. John 3:16 For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish
but have eternal life.

As we said many used different religions as a shield to commit evil. Just as Satan deceived Eve. It what this thread is about. Christ taught something very different.
He spoke about loving your neighbour not hurting them. So the chance to identify Satan as the culprit he really is. If there was no God or Satan than man only has himself to blame.
Does that mean all who never did these things become as guilty as those who do?
Accountability is not by religion it is about the individuals actions.
ahem.

Matthew 10:34-37
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

Makes it kind of hard to figure out what to do, doesn't it? Say what you want about the endorsements of violence and wars of conquest in the Norse pagan beliefs, at least they're internally consistent.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Let us challenge your thought trait for one moment.

If God is good and Satan Evil.
Then why isn't Satan responsible for the Evil?

Going on the revelation: " Satan is the Father of all lies" Why do you think mankind believe so many different things and are often at loggerheads with each other?

Look at Satan the serpent for a moment.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The lie was what mislead Eve to disobey God. She had the choice to believe God who had been good to her and provided for her or a serpent who only had to lie.
What do you believe was the Serpents intent? Did what he tell her bring her harm or good?

We see the Serpent/Satan/Devil has never been on the side of good or wanted good for man.

So I can ask the question based on knowledge that good and evil cannot come from the same root cause. Just as day and night cannot exist together but each must reign separately one after the other.

So now I have accounted for what I have previously said using the basis for those things. Now account for circular reasoning and why Satan would not be a cause.
Good and Evil are subjective, one man's good is another man's evil. You are still caught up in circular reasoning.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Satan is like people say, an individual, there is nothing to be done about him because he exists is a different reality. If like I say, it is something which humankind allows to develop between people and peoples, we CAN do something about it and should.