• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Willie Brown admits President Trump is favored to win in 2020

Shaul

Premium Member
Willie Brown is a prominent Democrat. He is the former mayor of San Francisco, long time Speaker of the California Assembly and California Governor. He was also a supporter (and interloper with) Senator Kamala Harris. In a San Francisco Chronicle opinion piece he wrote, “Nearly four years ago, when Trump announced his candidacy for president, I said he had a winning hand. He still does.” and “And the overnight polling after the speech showed that once again, he [President Trump] connected with voters, at least enough voters to make him a 2020 favorite.”

While a “winning hand” and being “a” favorite is not “the” favorite, Mr. Brown’s comments should give Democrats pause and sober reflection.

Democrats have a 2020 problem: Trump is good at elections

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No doubt if the Democrats run another "Hillary" they could be in big trouble. The Democrats that worry me the most in this regard are those that still cannot see that Clinton was a terrible candidate.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No doubt if the Democrats run another "Hillary" they could be in big trouble. The Democrats that worry me the most in this regard are those that still cannot see that Clinton was a terrible candidate.
She has been hinting at running lately.
But I suspect that the DNC won't give us the same old same old Hillary.
It'll be the same old same old Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The incumbent is always favored to win in any election at any level. Even the slime monster currently expanding the Federal Swamp at record rates.

NB: I'm using that characterization in response to someone who dislikes all Democratic women and uses the swamp monster's insults

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's too early to favor anyone.
Why?
Trump breeds chaos.
Democrats are just getting revved up.
Will Pocahontas overcome her unlikeability factor?
(I read many Dems unhappy with her.)