• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will this trial be the last of its kind?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I mean the random citizens
I'm too tired to argue with such a profound ignorance of history or incredible leaps of apologetics. Whichever it is, anti-semitism was rampant during the time and the German people widely supported the Nazis and did know some of what was going on. Yes, they were also lied to and deceived to great extents, but lots of them weren't innocent either.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm too tired to argue with such a profound ignorance of history or incredible leaps of apologetics. Whichever it is, anti-semitism was rampant during the time and the German people widely supported the Nazis and did know some of what was going on. Yes, they were also lied to and deceived to great extents, but lots of them weren't innocent either.
I am not trying to exculpate anyone. I would have lots to say about my country too, and the racial laws of 1938.
But at the same time, the peoples were manipulated for decades, believing in some superstitious obsession with the Jewry, and that was absolutely disgusting. Because whoever controls the press, the radio, the media, can and will manipulate the masses.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm too tired to argue with such a profound ignorance of history or incredible leaps of apologetics. Whichever it is, anti-semitism was rampant during the time and the German people widely supported the Nazis
They did know about the racism and anti Semitism and either supported them or were indifferent, but ...
and did know some of what was going on.
they didn't know or didn't want to know. In a war everything bad can be waved away by assuming propaganda. The majority of the German people didn't know about the genocide until after the war.

Watchmen

Premium Member
So what? Even if she knew and approved, she still committed no crimes, herself. The whole of Germany and Poland must have smelled, seen, heard, or knew what was going on at some point.
AND she kept the books. That makes it accessory.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's not what she thought but what she factually did.

The best she could have done is not be a part of it. But she was and she was a cog in a machine of genocide.
All of Germany was a "part of it". You and I are part of a capitalist parasitic economic system that causes the deaths and suffering of millions of people just so a greedy few can live in absurd excess. Shouldn't we be prosecuted?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
All of Germany was a "part of it". You and I are part of a capitalist parasitic economic system that causes the deaths and suffering of millions of people just so a greedy few can live in absurd excess. Shouldn't we be prosecuted?

There was a great philosopher that once said that the power is held by the armies.
If the armies decide to dethrone those Capitalists by force, the Capitalistic system falls apart.
After all...Capitalists are made up of very few unarmed people

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
It isn't vengeance and it has little to do with the special case at hand. It has everything to do with the conviction of the German people to never forget what happened and to never let it happen again. Part of that conviction is to prosecute everyone who was once part of the regime, even if only a little cog.
And it tells the living that "I was just following orders" is no excuse.
The German people also need to understand the logic of forgiveness. And the absurd levels that such idealized self-righteousness condemnation can lead to.

PureX

Veteran Member
There was a great philosopher that once said that the power is held by the armies.
If the armies decide to dethrone those Capitalists by force, the Capitalistic system falls apart.
After all...armies are made up of very few unarmed
Money are this new epoc's preferred weapon. And greed and the selfish fear it generates in people will conquer a nation far faster and more fully than any army ever could. We've already seen this. Our armies are just the servants of the gluttons, now. In fact we all are. The gluttons of ever more wealth and power. Of those who want to control everything and everyone.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
After all...Capitalists are made up of very few unarmed people
The military doing what it wants is a scenario of nightmares, hell, and unstable dictatorships.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can assure you there were Germans who weren't part of it. Even some who risked everything they had to help those being targeted by the Nazis. There's even a movie about a German, who is even honored in Israel, who spent his own personal fortune (to point of depending on others when the war was done) to help keep a group of Jews alive and safe.