• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will someone please talk to me?

BlandOatmeal

Bland you seemed to have missed my point, JWs like to bring up nazi germany as evidence that they are specially prosecuted-that is sickening
I even had a JW boast about it telling me that JWs shared their food with each other in the concentration camps and the jews didn't.
Hi, Horroble

I may well have missed your point. All I saw of your post, was the part quoted in another; and it sounded like you were making fun of people who had suffered under the Nazis.

Thank you for your clarification.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi, Horroble

I may well have missed your point. All I saw of your post, was the part quoted in another; and it sounded like you were making fun of people who had suffered under the Nazis.

Thank you for your clarification.

Telling the truth is not making fun. Telling the truth is hard work and makes a person unpopular.

Theodore A. Jones

Thank you 9Westy9 I appreciate your answer.

I hope I'm not in trouble.

Hi javajo! I am a lonely philosopher. I lost my comment about steel sharpens steel and a man sharpens another man. Proverbs 27:17 It is easy to get lost on the internet.

People will not talk to me and I am not happy to ask why.

I have found no one who will be with me to sharpen each other. So I started a thread about it. God bless you!

"As iron sharpens iron one man sharpens another." but it is not they sharpen each other. Fire away, but do not expect to not get cut. I know what I'm doing.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd just like to say there are two of me. I am the person and I am an armchair theologian. In my role as armchair theologian I have never been offered an apology for any insult or slight. And I have never heard a word of encouragement. I am not exaggerating. I might be forgetting something but I am able to swear it is true. In my role as theologian no one has ever been nice to me. People have been kind to the person of me but never once to the thinker of me, except for my daughter. She has been nice about it but she does not exist in the world of theology, she's just nice. I am proud of her. What I am not proud of is the community that calls itself Christian.

BlandOatmeal

Telling the truth is not making fun. Telling the truth is hard work and makes a person unpopular.
Savage,

As the resident bull in the china shop (referring to myself), I understand the problems not only of telling the truth, but also of needlessly offending people. I am very much a work in progress on both counts; so I won't judge either you or Horroble. I just told her what her words SOUNDED like, taken, as they were, out of context.

As a point of reference, the Slovenian side of my family is of Jewish descent, from Jews who left the poverty of their ghetto in what was then Austria but is now in the Ukraine. They became Catholics in Slovenia, probably around 1840, and did not identify as Jews. Some of them later emigrated to America, as did some of their Jewish cousins. When World War II broke out, it didn't matter whether they were Jewish or not: Those who were caught in Europe all suffered incredibly, and those who had come to America did not.

Those were horrible times, which is something that it seems the present generation is largely unaware of. Nowadays, an Arab is killed as collateral damage in an Israeli response to a rocket attack, and the world cries "Genocide!" It is not. Genocide is a deliberate policy to exterminate an entire people, as was the case in the unthinkably cruel treatment of the Jews at Auschwitz-Birkenau and other camps. Along with them, many died just as cruelly -- Russian prisoners, Poles, Gypsies, mentally ill, dissidents and suspected dissidents and, in the case of one of my relatives, ordinary citizens who happened to live in an area where there was some resistance to the Nazis. Yes, and there were some JWs among them -- not many, but some. Regardless of what group they belonged to or why they were there, they suffered cruel and inhuman treatment; and their memory should be respected.

In my own family, I thank God that my immediate family lived in the US and not in Europe.

Theodore A. Jones

"For it is not those who (just) hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 True or false? And which law?
You're the theologian right? Which law? You wanted someone to talk to so talk, but I pick the topic.

Last edited:

Theodore A. Jones

I'd just like to say there are two of me. I am the person and I am an armchair theologian. In my role as armchair theologian I have never been offered an apology for any insult or slight. And I have never heard a word of encouragement. I am not exaggerating. I might be forgetting something but I am able to swear it is true. In my role as theologian no one has ever been nice to me. People have been kind to the person of me but never once to the thinker of me, except for my daughter. She has been nice about it but she does not exist in the world of theology, she's just nice. I am proud of her. What I am not proud of is the community that calls itself Christian.

BOOHOOO WAAAAAAAAA. Comes with the territory. Neither am I 'proud' of whatever it is that contemporarily calls itself 'Christian'. But do not expect praise from men for stating what is true. You're wasting your time.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"For it is not those who (just) hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 True or false? And which law?
You're the theologian right? Which law? You wanted someone to talk to so talk, but I pick the topic.

A challenge!

Of course it is true. Which law? Is the word law the same as the law that was given Moses? No, I don't think so. Why? It is because the same word is used Romans 2:14,15, Romans 3:27 (faith is called law), Romans 4:13 (Abraham was declared righteous apart from law or Moses).

The law means what has been decided on to obey. To obey becomes "works of law". But what good are works of the law if they are not done for righteousness and with love? Romans 3:28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law....Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Law means the obedience to righteousness. Is everyone's righteousness the same? If everyone's righteousness is not the same, then the law cannot mean the commands of Moses. Abraham is the greatest one to obey the "law", isn't he? What law was he obeying? That is the law Jesus and Paul spoke of imo.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
BOOHOOO WAAAAAAAAA. Comes with the territory. Neither am I 'proud' of whatever it is that contemporarily calls itself 'Christian'. But do not expect praise from men for stating what is true. You're wasting your time.

LOL. I do not expect encouragement from the men. Heavens no! I did expect it from the ladies, but no more.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savage,

As the resident bull in the china shop (referring to myself), I understand the problems not only of telling the truth, but also of needlessly offending people. I am very much a work in progress on both counts; so I won't judge either you or Horroble. I just told her what her words SOUNDED like, taken, as they were, out of context.

As a point of reference, the Slovenian side of my family is of Jewish descent, from Jews who left the poverty of their ghetto in what was then Austria but is now in the Ukraine. They became Catholics in Slovenia, probably around 1840, and did not identify as Jews. Some of them later emigrated to America, as did some of their Jewish cousins. When World War II broke out, it didn't matter whether they were Jewish or not: Those who were caught in Europe all suffered incredibly, and those who had come to America did not.

Those were horrible times, which is something that it seems the present generation is largely unaware of. Nowadays, an Arab is killed as collateral damage in an Israeli response to a rocket attack, and the world cries "Genocide!" It is not. Genocide is a deliberate policy to exterminate an entire people, as was the case in the unthinkably cruel treatment of the Jews at Auschwitz-Birkenau and other camps. Along with them, many died just as cruelly -- Russian prisoners, Poles, Gypsies, mentally ill, dissidents and suspected dissidents and, in the case of one of my relatives, ordinary citizens who happened to live in an area where there was some resistance to the Nazis. Yes, and there were some JWs among them -- not many, but some. Regardless of what group they belonged to or why they were there, they suffered cruel and inhuman treatment; and their memory should be respected.

In my own family, I thank God that my immediate family lived in the US and not in Europe.

Thank you for sharing your story. The memory of them should be respected. Yes. So that it never happens again we should be on our toes about any signs it is happening again. Do you think those killed would expect any less of us?

Theodore A. Jones

A challenge!

Of course it is true. Which law? Is the word law the same as the law that was given Moses? No, I don't think so. Why? It is because the same word is used Romans 2:14,15, Romans 3:27 (faith is called law), Romans 4:13 (Abraham was declared righteous apart from law or Moses).

The law means what has been decided on to obey. To obey becomes "works of law". But what good are works of the law if they are not done for righteousness and with love? Romans 3:28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law....Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Law means the obedience to righteousness. Is everyone's righteousness the same? If everyone's righteousness is not the same, then the law cannot mean the commands of Moses. Abraham is the greatest one to obey the "law", isn't he? What law was he obeying? That is the law Jesus and Paul spoke of imo.

NO! The law was changed after Jesus was crucified. Heb. 7:12 Paul is referencing the change in Rom. 2:13. In Rom. 3:28 Paul is referencing the OT written code. Romans cannot be interpreted correctly unless you first understand which law Paul is referencing. Told ya. I know what I'm doing. Faith isn't law.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
NO! The law was changed after Jesus was crucified. Heb. 7:12 Paul is referencing the change in Rom. 2:13. In Rom. 3:28 Paul is referencing the OT written code. Romans cannot be interpreted correctly unless you first understand which law Paul is referencing. Told ya. I know what I'm doing.

Do you believe Paul is referring to the written code EVERYTIME he speaks of law? Why would he ignore Abraham?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You won't get it from them either. For a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

No sa! An enemy is someone wishing harm to another. I don't believe anyone is wishing me any harm. Actually I am sure there are some people praying for me. I am still alive and well, I see! :hugehug:

Theodore A. Jones

Do you believe Paul is referring to the written code EVERYTIME he speaks of law? Why would he ignore Abraham?

What did I say? In Romans and other places in Paul's writings the word law does not always refer to the written code of law. What Paul does say is that there is a law that you must have the faith to obey in order to be declared righteous by God. This law was put into effect through angels by the hand of a Mediator who authored and perfected it. Gal. 3:19 Acts 7:53 "The law was added so that the trespass (singular) might increase." Rom 5:20 Law in this statement is not a ref. to the written code.