• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will someone please talk to me?

Horrorble

I think what they have said is smart office trousers are acceptable but discouraged. It will not be long before a poor JW sister will find an ugly Good Will skirt to wear instead of her comfortable fancy trousers because of peer preasure, not because of any real dress code.

It is true that pants show a woman's buttocks. Some woman's buttocks are sexy. That won't do at the Kingdom Hall.

but I have seen JW women wearing pencil skirts and high heels, very sexy

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
The one thing a dress code does, is that it endeavors to keep things simple. When dealing with imperfect humanity, even in the Christian congregation, it is a truism that 'if you give humans an inch, they will take a mile'. When you start to make exceptions, more exceptions will be expected. Where do you stop?

Jehovah's standards do not change....human standards change constantly. Christians are human. They need to be reminded that a standard is a good thing in all activities.

As has been mentioned, there are some who push the envelope as it is. Sexually alluring clothing has no place in the Kingdom Hall. Unfortunately, some who have been influenced by the world, have come to believe that "sexy" is feminine. One can be "feminine" without being "sexy". Dressing in a modest manner attracts the right kind of attention.

How a person dresses is a reflection of who they see themselves to be. How others see them, may be very different. :eek:

If we go out to serve our God and we dress in a manner that draws attention to ourselves, or parts of our anatomy, for any reason, then our message is going to be overshadowed by what we wear.

As I said, visitors to our Kingdom Halls are free to wear whatever they are comfortable in. If they are drawn to the truth, they usually also appreciate that how we dress is a reflection on how we view our worship and our God. They will alter the way they dress without being told to do so.

Since the dress code of JW's does not apply to either of the ones complaining about it here....why make it a big deal? Seriously. How shocking is it? :faint:

JW's do not have a problem with the dress code. It helps to keep people from pushing the envelope. Elders have so many more important issues to contend with....how a person dresses should not be one of them. :no:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jehovah's standards do not change

Standard. an idea or thing used as a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations.

Luke 20:21 They asked him, "Teacher, we know that you say and teach what is right, and aren't partial to anyone, but truly teach the way of God."

Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

Standards require partiality. How do they not?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Standard. an idea or thing used as a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations.
Yes and it is comparative no matter where one lives. Whatever the standard is in any country, we dress according to that standard. How is that not logical to you?

Luke 20:21 They asked him, "Teacher, we know that you say and teach what is right, and aren't partial to anyone, but truly teach the way of God."

Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

Standards require partiality. How do they not?
:facepalm: I give up. I think you just need to get over it and move on. It's old now and well explained.

Wear whatever you like when you go and worship with the people you find who teach the truth, OK? I'm sure they will not have any expectations of you at all.
Just let us know when you find them and don't forget to tell them about their obligation to "preach the good news of the kingdom in all the inhabited earth".....will you? I will be expecting a visit. :) What will they call themselves I wonder? :confused: