• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Sexism Play a Role in The 2017 French Elections?

Parchment

There was a claim that sexism played a role in the U.S. elections because we weren't ready for a woman to be president, is France ready for it's first female president? Do feminists support Marine Le Pen?

MD

qualiaphile
There was a claim that sexism played a role in the U.S. elections because we weren't ready for a woman to be president, is France ready for it's first female president? Do feminists support Marine Le Pen?

A few feminists would support Le Pen, but overall no they won't. Feminism in its current form is about social engineering and transferring power away from males (specifically white males), to women (specifically white women). Nationalism, and other right wing ideas are seen as being part of the 'patriarchy'.

Modern feminism is in the far Left camp.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't forget that sexism played a role in support for Hillary because she'd be the first female prez.
Her real problem was that she was the wrong person for the job.
(And she wasn't the only wrong person for the job.)

Parchment

Don't forget that sexism played a role in support for Hillary because she'd be the first female prez.
Oh I didn't forget, I just wanted to see if the same people here that supported voting for someone because of what they have between their legs will extend the same sensibilities to someone that many of them may have a problem with and if they don't explain why- I find things like these mirrors humorous in a perverted kind of way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh I didn't forget, I just wanted to see if the same people here that supported voting for someone because of what they have between their legs will extend the same sensibilities to someone that many of them may have a problem with and if they don't explain why- I find things like these mirrors humorous in a perverted kind of way.
Okey dokey.