• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will masturbation give me a oneway ticket to hell?

coolguyword

I was wondering because I masturbate reguarly and I dont see anything wrong with it cuz when I dont,I poop my pants. LOL

Scott1

Some people don't even believe in heaven or hell.... and I doubt anyone here can tell you if you're gonna get a "ticket" to hell.

That being said, let me answer with what my Church teaches:
Masturbation is an intrinsically and gravely disordered action." "The deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to its purpose."

....but, affective immaturity, or other psychological or social factors may lesson the moral culpability..... and the fact the you actually posted this on a public forum.... well, I'll just leave it alone.

Scott

Draka

Wonder Woman
coolguyword said:
I was wondering because I masturbate reguarly and I dont see anything wrong with it cuz when I dont,I poop my pants. LOL
:biglaugh: do you also wear glasses that resemble Coke bottle bottoms? :biglaugh:

Don't answer...I don't think I want to know:p

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
SOGFPP, I'm not attack Roman Catholicism, but how can they say that, and yet have all other primates do that naturally as a part of growing up? Bonobos are especially known for this, engaging in masturbation at young ages, and having mutual masturbations and other activities of the like. If God didn't want masturbation to occur, why is it so common in nature?

Scott1

Druidus said:
SOGFPP, I'm not attack Roman Catholicism, but how can they say that, and yet have all other primates do that naturally as a part of growing up?
Ummm.... some primates eat their poop, eat other primates (even their own species), kill, etc....

Primate behavior does not dictate human morality.
If God didn't want masturbation to occur, why is it so common in nature?
Again... you are comparing (in my estimation) apples and oranges.... but in regard to humanity, sin is part of our nature after the fall.... so the abundance of masturbation, murder, whatever in this world (among humans)is explained that way.... but that's for another thread.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
coolguyword said:
Although a poor replica of the true experience, masturbating isn't technically wrong.

It is wrong in the eyes of God, for he did not make the "tool" you self-entertain yourself with for that purpose. It is meant to be used in the sharing of love with another, to express proper love.

However, have you seeked medical advice on crapping your pants when you don't
"enjoy yourself"?

Tawn

Masturbation is good for our psychological and physiological well being. If you dont, theres something wrong with you.
I think the churches position is one generated out of ignorance and a silly idea that we should be ashamed of our bodies.
Or are we supposed to harm ourselfs to be in Gods favour?

capthowdy

Astarot
Tawn said:
Masturbation is good for our psychological and physiological well being. If you dont, theres something wrong with you.
I think the churches position is one generated out of ignorance and a silly idea that we should be ashamed of our bodies.

I'd have to agree, your staement after all is backed up by fact and psychological studies, nothing surpasses cold hard facts.

capthowdy

Astarot
Renaldo said:
I think it was God Himself that asked Adam and Eve why they were "ashamed of their bodies". Back in ol Genesis. Have some frubes.

that is an interesting thought, frubals for you as well

It relives stress and allows you to remove unwanted sexual energy without engaging in meaningless sex. . i see nothing wrong with it.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Tawn said:
How is saying you shouldn't use it for a purpose it isn't intended for ignorance? How is it saying you should be "ashamed" of it. I mean, haven't we heard this argument countless times?

What is so "wrong" with shame anyway? Shame is a good thing. People should feel MORE shame. Then maybe they wouldn't waste thier lives doing stupid, meaningless things.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
How is saying you shouldn't use it for a purpose it isn't intended for ignorance?
There is no intention behind it. It exists, and many other animals use it for masturbation. It is a natural, healthy thing. Any scientific study will tell you that.

Humans weren't meant to eat things like "Jello". Is it wrong?

How is it saying you should be "ashamed" of it.
Children who are caught masturbating these days are faced with intense shame and embarrassment, for something that was in their perfect rights to do.

What is so "wrong" with shame anyway? Shame is a good thing. People should feel MORE shame. Then maybe they wouldn't waste thier lives doing stupid, meaningless things.
I disagree. Shame has been proven to shorten lifespans more than smoking does, especially coupled with guilt. Shame is not something that should be applied often or in great amounts.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I find it hard to believe any scientific study ISN'T going to start out looking to prove that it's good for you. After all, scientists do it too. Probably MORE than other people. LOl.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Druidus said:
There is no intention behind it. It exists, and many other animals use it for masturbation. It is a natural, healthy thing. Any scientific study will tell you that.

Humans weren't meant to eat things like "Jello". Is it wrong?

Children who are caught masturbating these days are faced with intense shame and embarrassment, for something that was in their perfect rights to do.

I disagree. Shame has been proven to shorten lifespans more than smoking does, especially coupled with guilt. Shame is not something that should be applied often or in great amounts.
Nonsense. Shame doesn't shorten lifespans. UNECESSARY shame and guilt does. Shame is a preventive, protective measure.

You know what shortens lifespans? Murderers. And they certainly don't have TOO MUCH shame.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
No, there's nothing wrong with masturbating any more than there is with sneezing or other bodily function. And since there's not a literal "hell", you won't be sent there for doing it.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
And as for children being caught doing it, that's usually because they try to do it in public, at least from my experience, and they have to be taught that's not acceptable behavior. Though you're right, some people flip out about it way too much.

Show a little mercy, and all will be well.