• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wild dreams

Another problem iv been having is falling asleep; and once relaxed, suddenly

becoming aware of myself; as if i am awake and aware again. and having no physical control of my body.

However, it does not stop there. I have been physically thrown of my bed onto the floor; slid up to the wall, smashed into it; lay there for a few seconds unable to move, and then finally waking up back in my bed.

No physical damage was done to my body; but this is only one occasion of this happening to me several times. Alomost like my soul was pulled out of my body and beaten up.
Not that it happened loads, just that on occasion i have be absoloutley thrown about like a ragdoll.

What is this? it is too vivid to be a dream.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

becoming aware of myself; as if i am awake and aware again. and having no physical control of my body.

However, it does not stop there. I have been physically thrown of my bed onto the floor; slid up to the wall, smashed into it; lay there for a few seconds unable to move, and then finally waking up back in my bed.

No physical damage was done to my body; but this is only one occasion of this happening to me several times. Alomost like my soul was pulled out of my body and beaten up.
Not that it happened loads, just that on occasion i have be absoloutley thrown about like a ragdoll.

This could of course be dream/hallucination but it could also be entities attacking your etheric/astral body. During deep sleep I know the astral body separates from the physical body and has experiences we don't generally remember when back in the body.

You should do some internet research into those who teach about such things. One serious group is the Theosophical Society.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist

This is what's known as a 'Lucid Dream' and it's common to those who practice a lot of meditation.

I remember once feeling particularly thirsty while I was asleep and I thought I woke up and went to switch on my bedside lamp...my hand went right through the lamp switch.

As soon as I realised I was still asleep and just saw my body laying there, I was all like 'Oh fffuuuu...' :eek:

I immediately returned to my body and I never want to try that again, like ever...talk about some freaky stuff right there!

No drink of water was worth that....

Hang up a dream-catcher...put a knife or sharp object under your pillow (it's a Hindu 'old-wives tale' thing, along with the next thing I am going to suggest - lick your fingers and rub your own saliva on your forehead...don't ask why these things work, they just do).

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

It's called pavor nocturnum.
Rare among adults though all infants go through a stage of 'adjustment'.

Most of us have sufficient chemistry that in dream cycle, our bodies are kept from responding to what we see during REM.
If the chemistry is not there, or just insufficient, you will get up and move as to what you see.

I've had some episodes.

If you cannot deal with it...get help.
It's not so much 'you' as it is your chemistry.

Not getting a handle on it can be hurtful.
To you and others.
Good luck....be careful.